Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2022, 15:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix | Yas Marina Circuit | 18 - 20 November

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Ricciardo and Schumacher also did doughnuts in other run-off areas of the track. Schumacher's race engineer radioed him instructing to stop. Not sure why he did that? May be to avoid some financial penalties?
That was a mean-spirited move by Haas, and they will win no friends because of it. They have appeared quite churlish in their dealings with Mick, and that was the final nail.
v1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 16:04   #17
BHPian

The biggest positive as a Ferrari fan was the strategy call. One of those rare instance where they were proactive rather being reactive to what others did. When I heard the radio call "Box opposite to Perez" , I was afraid that this was going to be another one of those races. Fortunately it worked and it made Redbull jump the gun and pitted Perez earlier.
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 20:14   #18
AZT
BHPian

The Ferrari strategy team may have been clowns early on but they have redeemed themselves the last 2 races. There is talk of a shake up at the top with some key people being replaced.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 01:19   #19
BHPian

I think it were the drivers of Ferrari who called in strategies this time.
Good for them, a well deserved runners up for Charles.

Max could have helped Checo in Brazil to secure the 2nd place in drivers championship, but I feel that Charles deserved the 2nd place more than Checo. If Max would have helped Checo in Brazil due to which Checo would have been in 2nd place, it would be more of the given the 2nd place and not earned. Because Charles was much more competent driver compared to Checo in this season. If not for the Ferrari strategists, the battle would have been between Max and Charles.

Also appreciations for Mercedes for building the most reliable engine, their first failure this season. (Not speaking about the customer teams).
Finally a season where the battle was not between a Mercedes and an 'X' team.

For the next year, I believe the Aston Martin would be much more competent and so will be Alpine.
Chemistry to watch next year would be Gasley - Ocon, Piastri - Lando, Alonso - Stroll (especially after the crash they had).

Would be interesting to see the way Checo fights Max, especially when RB has also signed in Daniel (probably to keep Checo in check!). Also, I think the way he spoke on radio(in Brazil) about Max was uncalled for, yes he's helped Max a ton, but that radio message could have been avoided. Going by Helmut Marko's ruthlessness, he probably would tolerate something like this again.

Russell has out performed Lewis this season. Your biggest rival in F1 has always been the team-mate, someone who drive the most similar car to you. Would be interesting to see next year if Hamilton still tries on the test components (like its justified this time) or straight away competes with George. George is no slouch by any means, he has called in for strategies multiple times this year and that has helped him secure 4th position in the driver's championship despite the slower Mercedes.

If Rumors are to be believed, Mick would be joining Mercedes as a reserve driver. I am seriously hoping that Mick gets some better car. He did not deserve the Haas treatment, especially the no donuts behavior.

Vettel received all the well deserved respect from everyone. Danke Seb!
How many helmets did he exchange, any idea?

Last but not the least, this guy will be remembered for just one incident. Something that turned around the driver's championship in 2021. Goodbye Latiffi.
Goes out to show that F1 teams are no longer in need of paid drivers(as earlier) and have started earning well. I hate to say it but thanks to DTS.

I guess that sums up the season and now the wait for the 2023 begins. (Untill some team again engages itself in off-track battle)
iamahunter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 16:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thats it then for 2022.

Nice little race on the 1 vs 2 stop strategy debate. Ferrari got it right and Aston got it so wrong with Vettel! Cost them $12m in the end! Would have easily got Danny Ric on fresher tires.

Nice to see all the drivers do a team dinner and all of F1 getting together to give Seb the farewell he deserves.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 18:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post

Ricciardo and Schumacher also did doughnuts in other run-off areas of the track. Schumacher's race engineer radioed him instructing to stop. Not sure why he did that? May be to avoid some financial penalties?
What I hear is that Haas is financially strained and can't afford new parts for the test scheduled for today (22.11.2022).
adwaith is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks