Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

View Poll Results: Who will lift the MotoGP 2023 Championship Title?
Francesco Bagnaia 16 33.33%
Fabio Quartararo 9 18.75%
Marc Márquez 18 37.50%
Joan Mir 1 2.08%
Álex Rins 0 0%
Any Other: Please comment 4 8.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2023, 14:08   #16
BHPian

Re: MotoGP 2023 | | Who will win the rider championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Interesting news for Moto GP Fans. TV Broadcast might be delayed for some sessions BUT will be STREAMED LIVE for all.
Does that mean that we will be able to see Eurosports with Discovery Plus? because I can still see Eurosports live.

Since there was mention of TataSky in this thread, I recharged my inactive connection after downloading the Tata Play App. If nothing works I can use it for a
phone/tablet. Unfortunately, it will not let you mirror the app to the TV.
Old 24th March 2023, 16:11   #17
BHPian

JioCinema will be live streaming all three days of Motogp including practice of Moto3 & Moto2.
Was just watching it live.
Happy that we don't have to pay anything for it.
grshnehete is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 16:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grshnehete View Post
JioCinema will be live streaming all three days of Motogp including practice of Moto3 & Moto2.
Was just watching it live.
Happy that we don't have to pay anything for it.
I had been subscribing to Eurosports through the Discovery+ app for the previous 2 seasons. Friday practice was still not covered. This is such a welcome move !!

Was panicking that there was no direct way of watching the MotoGP series, and just at the last moment this news saved my day !!
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 19:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
JioCinema will be live streaming all three days of Motogp including practice of Moto3 & Moto2
There's something with Mota Bhai and freebies. First, the IPL, that too on any mobile operator platform and now this.

I'm not sure about Jio Cinema, but I'm able to stream it live, as I type, on Jio TV app through my secondary Jio Sim.

All said and done, I am relieved that I do not have to subscribe to Eurosport. But, the downside to it is, I'll have to watch this on Mobile phone only.
Old 24th March 2023, 19:52   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
There's something with Mota Bhai and freebies. First, the IPL, that too on any mobile operator platform and now this.

I'm not sure about Jio Cinema, but I'm able to stream it live, as I type, on Jio TV app through my secondary Jio Sim.

All said and done, I am relieved that I do not have to subscribe to Eurosport. But, the downside to it is, I'll have to watch this on Mobile phone only.
Sports 18 is the channel, correct? I heard that they will not show live streaming when it clashes with WPL matches. Maybe when there is cricket match going on, they will prioritise cricket over MotoGP.

JioCinema is the safest bet
grshnehete is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 20:04   #21
BHPian

Now I can see the free practice session from Friday onwards through JioCinemas that too without any registration. It works flawlessly on my Fire TV.

The 2023 Season is set (so far).
alenp07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 21:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Jio Cinema is streaming Moto GP free (as of now) on the app which may be downloaded on iOS as well as Android. I have downloaded it on my Apple TV and watching free practice right now. No login or Jio number required.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 10:35   #23
BHPian

FP2 timings from Yesterday. Until Yesterday nobody was even talking about Miller or KTM. But all of a sudden it is 'Miller Time'. It will be an interesting race this weekend.

Pol had a crazy crash. Looks like he may miss the race.

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/16...745377792?s=20
Attached Thumbnails
MotoGP 2023 |  | Who will win the rider championship?-ixojdwg.png  

MotoGP 2023 |  | Who will win the rider championship?-3ld3ait9grpa1.jpg  

alenp07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 14:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenp07 View Post
Pol had a crazy crash. Looks like he may miss the race.
He will miss a lot of 2023, extremely violent crash. See embedded video.

https://www.motorcyclesports.net/art...actice-session

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...rash/10448045/

Pulmonary contusion, jaw fracture and fractured dorsal vertebra. He was administered aid for 30 minutes on track before taken away in an ambulance and later airlifted to hospital.

Hope he fully recovers and comes back to race soonest.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 21:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

I was a little apprehensive- thinking about how the SPrint races would go. But wow, thoroughly enjoyed the first-ever MotoGP Sprint race!

Marquez had qualified on pole, but finished off third by a strategic close overtake of both Miguel Oliveira and Jack Miller in one shot. Poor unlucky Quartararo got pushed wide by a falling Joan Mir, he recovered a lot to end up 10th - and out of the points. Only the first 9 positions get points in this format.

Pecco took the first win of the 2023 season and also got into the history books as the first-ever winner of a MotoGP Sprint race. Jorge Martin came second, followed by Marquez.

It was almost like watching a Moto3 race, with all the riders swapping paint and riding so close to the race leader. Overall, this Sprint format is to MotoGP what T20 is to Cricket - Entertaining!
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 14:07   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
He will miss a lot of 2023, extremely violent crash. See embedded video.
I feel Pol is a bit unlucky. Apart from his stint with KTM, he is fairly inconsistent. He was terrible with last two seasons with Repsol Honda. I completely agree the fact that with the current limitations, only Marques can do something, (read results ) with Honda. I was happy to see Pol going back to KTM but again he will miss some races it seems. Wishing you a speedy recovery Pol.

I missed Q1/Q2 session yesterday did Marques get a tow?
I have mixed feelings about the sprint race. For Portimao, the race distance is the same. Even though there were so many casualties on the first sprint race, Pecco showed his class. And as usual, Martin and Miller were on some promising speeds during the start and mid-laps and later they were shadowed by Pecco. If Maverick had good qualifying he had good chances of a podium. Felt sorry for Miguel as a small mistake awarded Marc Marquez the podium though he was fairly strong during the race.

Basitinini will miss the race due to a collarbone fracture. I don't think that it was a fault from Marini. Quartararo needs to do something radical to win the race today.

Congratulations Pecco on your first-ever MotoGP sprint victory.
Attached Thumbnails
MotoGP 2023 |  | Who will win the rider championship?-rslgnjs.jpg  

MotoGP 2023 |  | Who will win the rider championship?-2svkhptzlwpa1.jpg  

alenp07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 18:46   #27
BHPian

Time and again we have seen that arrogance of MM93 & HRC knows no bounds.
In the garb of racing incident MM93 will just say sorry and move on but he is a dangerous loose cannon and bends rules according to his whims.
In one famous incident Stoner said to Rossi 'your ambition outweighed your talent.' That was a one off incident and only between those two and so others were not affected. But here when the field is packed up, MM93 is not afraid to risk injury to himself and all other riders and slams his bike recklessly into others!
neeraj0272 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 18:59   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
Time and again we have seen that arrogance of MM93 & HRC knows no bounds.
In the garb of racing incident MM93 will just say sorry and move on but he is a dangerous loose cannon and bends rules according to his whims.
In one famous incident Stoner said to Rossi 'your ambition outweighed your talent.' That was a one off incident and only between those two and so others were not affected. But here when the field is packed up, MM93 is not afraid to risk injury to himself and all other riders and slams his bike recklessly into others!
Absolutely correct.
He is a danger to all riders. He has a history of dangerous riding and now when the Honda is not competitive, I think if not heavily penalised, these incidents from him will seriously injure others. I don't care the injuries he might get. He just destroyed others races and we don't know the condition of Oliveira.
grshnehete is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 20:03   #29
BHPian

The Portimāo Rostrum:

1. Pecco
2. Vinales &
3. Bezzecchi

The best action was for the 4th place, which Zarco stole out of nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj0272 View Post
MM93 is not afraid to risk injury to himself and all other riders and slams his bike recklessly into others!
Cannot agree more.

Quote:
He is a danger to all riders.
All the touches & paint scraping moments within the opening lap and a half were a show of absolute recklessness and zero respect for the safety of the other riders.

I don't have any hopes on the stewards though.
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 21:00   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
The Portimāo Rostrum:

1. Pecco
2. Vinales &
3. Bezzecchi

The best action was for the 4th place, which Zarco stole out of nowhere.

I don't have any hopes on the stewards though.
There are some very good riders on the grid for the past few years including Binder & Zarco.
Though these are not exceptional like MM93, or Lorenzo or Rossi but still we get to see some very good racing and that is good enough for me.
MM93 & HRC should keep in mind that gone are the days when other riders used to give way to him.
Last year and this year too has shown that it will be MM93 who will be pushed to the gravel if he doesn't mend his ways and I for one am happy with this. I think it was Oliveira who didn't give an inch to Marquez in the sprint race and eventually Marquez had to cede racing position to Oliveira.

Most Viewed