Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2007, 01:57   #1
Team-BHP Support

Was Michael Schumacher really forced to retire by Ferrari?

Saw this interesting article -

[COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.f1i.com/content/view/6909/1/[/COLOR]

@Mods: Please move this thread to appropriate location or delete it if this has already been posted.
Old 4th August 2007, 02:14   #2
BHPian

Wow!! First of all my head hurt reading all that Shocking if true and I'd also say quite possible. The line which says the Montezemolo followed Enzo Ferrari's feelings about how he felt about drivers merely being employees working under the command of their employers. Quite possible!! Nice find BlackPearl

Last edited by highwayblaze : 4th August 2007 at 02:17.
Old 4th August 2007, 02:25   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
Wow!! First of all my head hurt reading all that Shocking if true and I'd also say quite possible. The line which says the Montezemolo followed Enzo Ferrari's feelings about how he felt about drivers merely being employees working under the command of their employers.
yup, I also felt dizzy after going through it. Never expected this from a company I like so much. But somehow I dont know if all of it has to be believed or not because if Schumi was forced to retire then what is he doing in the Ferrar pit garage race after race !!!
Old 4th August 2007, 02:34   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
yup, I also felt dizzy after going through it. Never expected this from a company I like so much. But somehow I dont know if all of it has to be believed or not because if Schumi was forced to retire then what is he doing in the Ferrar pit garage race after race !!!
Thats what I thought as well. In a recent news it seems he's (Schumacher) has expressed interest in helping Ferrari develop their street cars. Strange though you never know. He's no more on the F1 circuit and the center of media and fan attention and also not teamed up with Todt which according to that article is what Montezemolo wanted then I don't see why they would'nt want him back. He didnt want to retire anyway. Well who knows how all the politics works. Sighh!!!
Either way Raikonnen ain't winning so Montezemolo can now sulk.

Last edited by highwayblaze : 4th August 2007 at 02:36.
Old 4th August 2007, 10:41   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

There have been reports floating on this, for a while now. Whether you believe it or not depends on whose story you are reading.
Old 4th August 2007, 12:08   #6
BHPian

I don't think there is any truth in it. Its just one of those bull**** article.

Hellcat
Old 4th August 2007, 12:46   #7
BHPian

F1 seems to be a very good play (drama) in reality if this report is to be believed. I want to know how is it that Ross Brawn and MS are back at the Ferrari pits if at all they are true.
Old 4th August 2007, 15:17   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvanand View Post
F1 seems to be a very good play (drama) in reality if this report is to be believed. I want to know how is it that Ross Brawn and MS are back at the Ferrari pits if at all they are true.
Maybe because Jean Todt is the boss at ferrari.

Mont just steps in and asserts his authority if required.

Anyways, now Schumacher has said he will stop attending the F1 races.

Interesting that Kimi has only won this year when MS has not attended the race!
Old 4th August 2007, 15:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

I would take this with a huge pinch of salt. Yes, when you run a multi million $$$ business, there are bound to be tensions between the top brass. But, is it just me or did i detect more than a little sensationalism in that article. If you read through some of the other articles posted, you will find a similar pattern.

I am no mind reader, but applying the formula of 1+1=2, let me point out a few facts:

1. The article seems to give the impression that Ferrari was the only option for Schumacher to continue racing. Let me tell you that if he believed that he could race on at his best for a few more years, there would be a queue of team principals at his doorstep.

2. He still remains on a Ferrari retainer. If his relationship with Montezemolo had soured to such a low level, would he have bothered coming back to the pitlane again??

3. Ok, so Kimi and Schumy dont seem to have hit it off this year, but did you ever see Schumy and Damon Hill hugging each other after every race? Massa was Schumy's understudy even before he raced for them.

4. Flavio Briatore was talking to Raikonnen's agent no doubt. But, he had remarked soon after Alonso announced his Mclaren deal that he would have no hesitation in putting Kovaleinen, his ward-in-waiting, in a race car. So he had options too.

5. The Italians tend to be graphic and yes, politicking is in their blood. But let me tell you, they are in the money making business for real. In the end, Luca and Todt make decisions for the best interests of the organisation.

Of course, there is no smoke without fire. Intrigue and drama are part of the arena called Formula 1. But lets keep Machiavelli, Nero and Don Corleone out of it shall we?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks