Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2007, 18:49   #1
Team-BHP Support

Winning Formula - what goes on back at base!

Winning formula
By Roger Blitz

Published: August 10 2007 22:23 | Last updated: August 10 2007 22:23

While Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso continue their brittle battle for the Formula 1 world drivers’ championship, their McLaren team is already working on plans for next season’s cars.

Yet, however successful 2007 proves for McLaren and its drivers, the 2008 car will bear little resemblance to the current version. Only about 5 per cent of this year’s car will be carried over into next season, such is the pace of change in F1 engineering.

And it is not only next year’s cars that will be completely different. When they conclude the last lap of the 2007 campaign in October at Interlagos, Brazil, Hamilton and Alonso will lift themselves out of cars unrecognisable from those in which they started the season in Melbourne. “There isn’t much on the car that stays the same,” says Jonathan Neale, McLaren Racing’s managing director. “Maybe the seat belts don’t change. From the moment the car is formed in January to the last race in October, we make an engineering change on average every 20 minutes

read on here

FT.com / Arts & weekend / Magazine - Winning formula
Old 11th August 2007, 22:18   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Reengineering every 20 mins - thats something only possible by people at the sharp end of their domain. Hats off to their technical brilliance that'll someday find an application in road cars also.
Old 11th August 2007, 23:32   #3
BHPian

I like formula 1 in its entirety because of the attention to detail in everything they do, right from the well kept motor homes to their importance to safety, to pushing engineering to the limit to gain a nanosecond to each team having a meteorologist to predict weather..... and the list can go on....

this is precisely the reason why i have never felt bored watching the f1 circus for nearly a decade now in spite of lack of on track action... i am just as awed by watching the pit-stop today as i was 10 years ago.

Ajmat,

this news is revelation to me. i was aware that lot of this changes happen to a car over a season but never thought that it would happen at this pace.

Hats off to bernie ecclestone.
Old 12th August 2007, 08:26   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post

this is precisely the reason why i have never felt bored watching the f1 circus for nearly a decade now in spite of lack of on track action... i am just as awed by watching the pit-stop today as i was 10 years ago.

Hats off to bernie ecclestone.
I used to be but after vgoing to KL, changed things for me. Alas, POGO/ Disney keep putting a kiddie movie around the same time
Old 12th August 2007, 23:48   #5
BHPian

thats merc nobody can catch them in auto technology

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks