Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2007, 15:38   #61
BHPian

Well if that article was not too reilable, lets try this one

Formula 1 : News Spyker - F1-Live.com

And the source for the article is CAPSIS international.
Old 5th September 2007, 15:47   #62
BANNED

Half the twits who are writing about the Mallya F1 deal probably dont even have a clue as to what F1 i all about !! They probably googled it from some other news sources and got a report in for printing .... after all its HOT news .
Old 7th September 2007, 11:33   #63
Senior - BHPian

Well lets think for a moment:
Vijay Mallaya just made a superb investment. If he ever gets F1 to India, he's going to be a very very very rich man than he already is. Because he could make situations where people:
  • will travel by Kingfisher Airlines
  • will drink Kingfisher beer / mcdowells whisky
  • will stay in a hotel and he is capable enough to build a hotel near the track
  • I have no idea how many more companies he owns....
Old 7th September 2007, 17:08   #64

Read somewhere that one F1 race gives more than 4 billion dollors of trade/revenue exchange to the country, so bringing F1 to india is reallly a good step towards this sport.
G.Noida ki tow nikal padi... property Prices will zoom off....
Think of 2 lacs visitors/tourists coming to watch the race. will we able to handle that?
Old 7th September 2007, 18:14   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaji View Post
G.Noida ki tow nikal padi... property Prices will zoom off....
Think of 2 lacs visitors/tourists coming to watch the race. will we able to handle that?
Not confirmed yet .. Greater Noida is just one of the many options , another is Bhondsi which got famous for the land that Chandrashekhar aquired in that village and was later re possesed and now its famous as I have my organic farm there .

So incase it is Bhondsi ... I know for sure that during Race week end I'll have plenty of foreigners asking for Organic Milk and maybe Ill just start to love F1 !!

Cheers
Old 11th September 2007, 20:52   #66
BHPian

His interview...

The Official Formula 1 Website
Old 30th September 2007, 13:45   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shareholders of sportscar makers Spyker have approved plans to sell the company’s Formula One team to a consortium led by Indian businessman Vijay Mallya and Dutch entrepreneur Michiel Mol.

Following an extraordinary general meeting on Saturday, the deal - worth €88 million - is set to go ahead, subject to minor legal conditions being satisfied.

Contracts are expected to be signed imminently, meaning Mallya could attend next weekend’s Chinese Grand Prix as team owner.
Old 7th October 2007, 06:49   #68
Senior - BHPian

Officially Official: Spyker F1 team sold - Autoblog

A proud day for India

Congratulations Dr. VJM.
Old 7th October 2007, 12:57   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, so he finally did buy a Formula 1 team. I'm stunned. 88m Euro is a lot of money! Congratulations!

Edit: KK - I know, it was a typo, I wanted to type88, I typed 18. lol.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 7th October 2007 at 13:05.
Old 7th October 2007, 13:02   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Wow, so he finally did buy a Formula 1 team. I'm stunned. 18m Euro is a lot of money! Congratulations!
Sam, yes 18Mio is lot of money, but not enough to buy a f1 team, mallaya doled out much more that, near to 80mio.
Old 7th October 2007, 20:17   #71
BHPian

Hope he make his team atleast a midrunner from next year.
Old 7th October 2007, 23:26   #72
BHPian

That AutoBlog article talks about an Indian Consortium called Orange India Holdings . Is this strictly for tax purposes or is Mallya being joined by TATA and others??

As far as Karthikeyan, one never hears about him in F1 news unless it's regarding his future prospects with Spyker. Why is this? Teams typically talk about the contribution their testers make. Williams team talk more about Nakajima that about Karthikeyan (Has anyone come across glowing reviews about him that I might have missed) . Wonder why??

The official website does talk about how hard he worked to get where he is now.
Old 7th October 2007, 23:38   #73
Senior - BHPian

Enough of Karthikeyen - there's no doubting his racing talent but we need to look beyond him now. I dont think we need to put an Indian in the team just because its a team owned by an Indian company or a group of Indian companies. Let them get real drivers and do well on the circuit, and in the meanwhile let them groom deserving Indian by providing test seats initially. Narain Karthikeyen can be coach/mentor to those youngsters.

The disaster called Takuma Sato is a living example of what a team should NOT do in the name of national interest.
Old 10th October 2007, 09:07   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
The disaster called Takuma Sato is a living example of what a team should NOT do in the name of national interest.
Can't agree with you more. But, Mallya did mention that he would like to see an Indian driver in an Indian F1 car. So, it's not if but whom? Hopefully, it will be someone who gets there based on merit and not seniority!
Old 10th October 2007, 18:53   #75
BHPian

Ralf schumacher a possibility for Mallya's revived spyker team?? His future plans!!

Here's an interview with Mr.Vijay Mallya in which he talks about the future of The team "Spyker" which he very recently took over..

Chances of seeing Ralf Schumacher in the team is a possibility!! Mallya looking for drivers that can raise the standards in the team!! But it seems Indian drivers are not upto his expectations now!!

here's the link!! please do go through this!!

Most Viewed