Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2007, 14:34   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Hamilton could be stripped of the title

If the September 13 verdict goes against McLaren, Hamilton (Alonso) could be stripped of the championship title - assuming he/Alonso wins it.

More here

Personally I'll be sorry if that happens since the drivers wouldnt have been directly or otherwise involved in the "espionage" and its assimilation. The responsibility is apt to be borne by the company not its drivers for doing their job - driving.

Last edited by theMAG : 7th September 2007 at 14:36.
Old 7th September 2007, 14:44   #2
BHPian

Although, I am a hardcore Ferrari fan, I will have to agree with Mag. Why should the drivers be punished ? It's the team that needs to be taken to task. I hope the World motor sports council can work out a way in order to be fair to both parties.
Old 7th September 2007, 14:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

This would be a big blow for hamilton if it happens. Rather than this, Mclaren should be stripped of the championship and slap a huge penalty instead of its drivers.
Old 7th September 2007, 14:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

But the data stolen out of 'espionage' would have boosted the performance of Mclaren Cars to some extent, giving unfair advantage to Hamilton / Alonso.
Old 7th September 2007, 15:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

This is not right. If they have to punish someone it should be the team.Hamilton should be allowed to keep his title in case he wins it and Mclaren sshould be stripped of the Constructors title. Its the team who is at fault but then again the drivers are part of the team

Lets wait and watch.
Old 7th September 2007, 15:05   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Although, I am a hardcore Ferrari fan, I will have to agree with Mag. Why should the drivers be punished ? It's the team that needs to be taken to task. I hope the World motor sports council can work out a way in order to be fair to both parties.
Even I am a Ferrari fan and would love to see them win the championship. But I cannot understand is that why is Ferrari not getting any punishment for this act? Stepney was a Ferrari employee when he committed a crime, so is not Ferrari responsible for behaviour of their employees. If I do something wrong, then is not my company also accountable for it?
Old 7th September 2007, 15:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Consider this .. Hamilton / Alonso end up 1-2 in the drivers championship. So both get disqualified. Kimi/Massa being 3rd would be crowned.

I wonder how they'll feel - getting a hand-me-down honour. Might feel horrible.
Old 7th September 2007, 15:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

The Constructors championship should be stripped NOT the drivers. FIA has been pro Ferrari - tifosi may disagree however IMPO - it makes me sick.

Hamilton Deserves to win the title hes played a fair game and been the most consistant rookie in the recent history of motorsports.

MotoGP that way has less controversy
Old 7th September 2007, 15:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Even I am a Ferrari fan and would love to see them win the championship. But I cannot understand is that why is Ferrari not getting any punishment for this act? Stepney was a Ferrari employee when he committed a crime, so is not Ferrari responsible for behaviour of their employees. If I do something wrong, then is not my company also accountable for it?
IMO - only reason is that a Certain Bernie is Pro Ferrari.
Old 7th September 2007, 15:12   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
If I do something wrong, then is not my company also accountable for it?
Blackpearl Here the problem is that Nigel stepney had gone against his employer and had tried to spoil their chances in this year's championships.

Its already there in another thread here that FA and Pedra de la rossa had exchanged mail that contained set-up information on Ferrari's F2007.If this was true,then Mclaren will find it hard to proove that only Mike Coughlan was involved in this spy case and not Vodafone Mclaren as a team.
Things are getting murkier day by day.
Old 7th September 2007, 15:43   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This will effectively give Ferrari the championship on a silver platter, and take away F1 viewership. This is potentially the first 4-way fight to the championship since 1999.

I dont think its going to happen .
Old 7th September 2007, 16:00   #12
BANNED

This is unfair if this happens. The team can be punished by stripping off their title but drivers should be allowed to keep theirs'.

If this happens, I am going to watch F1 with less interest for sure.
Old 7th September 2007, 16:10   #13
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Ron Dennis will pull it off as he has done numerous times in the past.This is not the first time that F1 has been dogged with espionage within teams.we saw Prost,Senna,Mansell who went thru this and Senna,Prost were Mclaren boys at one time.Anyways lets keep our fingers crossed..........
Old 7th September 2007, 16:12   #14
Team-BHP Support

Drivers are an essential part of the team. When the team develops a great car, its the drivers shining on the podium, then wy is it so right for the drivers to be treated separately when the team is in trouble.

post # 51 on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...stepney-4.html indicates that two drivers of the Mclaren camp had knowledge of "set-up information on Ferrari's F2007 that pre-dates the dossier incident that sparked the scandal".

manson.
Old 7th September 2007, 16:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

They will also exclude McLaren from 2007 and 2008 championship. Now that would be really bad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks