Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2007, 17:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

The Hamster is jinxed...???

Richard Hammond, popularly known as the Hamster, a presenter for a popular Auto programme in the UK (BBC Top Gear) crashed again.

Full story : "Top Gear" presenter crashes again - Yahoo! News UK

Is the hamster jinxed? The report says he was unhurt but the car was badly damaged.

Should he cool his feet for a while and ward off any bad omen that is haunting him?
Old 11th September 2007, 17:55   #2
Team-BHP Support

C'mon man, he went off during a race! Hell, a few months ago a balcony fell on 2 people sitting in a parked laura! If something is going to happen, it will find its way.

Its like saying that Schumacher should have quite racing when he broke his legs in Silverstone.
Old 11th September 2007, 18:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
C'mon man, he went off during a race! Hell, a few months ago a balcony fell on 2 people sitting in a parked laura! If something is going to happen, it will find its way.

Its like saying that Schumacher should have quite racing when he broke his legs in Silverstone.
with you robeen. Buttttt i was just speculating. I wouldnt want him cooling off anyways. The trio are just too good with their wit and sarcasm.
Old 11th September 2007, 19:11   #4
BHPian

Yes Aditya, the TopGear trio are on a whole new level when it comes to auto shows (the idiot-box kind). Their repartee has to be seen to be believed, & the show has drama, if not anything else ! Their passion for cars is evident, & they all have a great sense of humor. There's this video on YouTube, of amphibian cars they build. Towards the end, JC's exuberance with the tiller causes his Hilux to keel over...

May: Your boat is the wrong way up Clarkson (or words to that effect)

JC: Don't give me technicalities...

I nearly choked myself to death laughing when I saw it - He He He

TopGear rulez !
Old 11th September 2007, 20:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

hehe.. when I saw this thread, I was more worried about finding out which car he had crashed !! Believe he was racing the Bugatti Veyron recently.. Thankfully, that doesnt seem to be the one involved in this crash
Old 11th September 2007, 20:27   #6
BHPian

he crashed a bmw 330d., yes a car running on bio diesel. may, clarkson and hammond along with the stig were taking part in the 24hr endurance challenge. the stig crashed the same car too. just racing incidents, nothing major.
they finished 3rd overall in their class.

cant wait for the new season of top gear to start
Old 12th September 2007, 01:05   #7
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Just to name a few of his incidents. The crash in the Omni, another crash in the jet powered car, there was yet another incident that I can't seem to recollect but it had to do something with his bike the GSXR1000, and now this. But one has to praise the man for the never give up attitude. He maybe tiny, he maybe chased around by Jeremy holding a electric hacksaw, he may not be as funny as Jeremy. But when the going gets tough, Hamster is there to take it and come out on top.

Most Viewed