Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 21:39   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
Michael v/s Mika was the best F1 action in recent memory
By the time these chaps came onto the scene, overtaking had become a part of F1 Folklore. Therefore you really cant call Michael v/s Mika the best F1 action - most of the overtaking was done in the pits.

The best F1 era IMHO is when Senna, Prost & Mansell were around. There was REAL racing to sustain interest then - not spy scams, docking of constructor's points and juggling around with rules to prevent domination by one team/driver.
Old 14th September 2007, 21:49   #92
BANNED

Huh!! This is getting worst by every hour. How disgusting this is! Can it get any worse?
Mclaren has done something really bad. it owes apology to all their faithful fans out their who prayed with firm belief that Mclaren will come out clean. Never could have thought of such bad tactics. Shame!

What is this world coming to? Not even a good race for us all. Greed can bring out the worst in humans. And here is some good proof for the same. I wish these kinda bad practices may pushed out from the motorsports sooner than later.

Last edited by speedzak : 14th September 2007 at 21:51.
Old 14th September 2007, 21:53   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
By the time these chaps came onto the scene, overtaking had become a part of F1 Folklore. Therefore you really cant call Michael v/s Mika the best F1 action - most of the overtaking was done in the pits.
No,what i meant was in my recent memory,did not have the privilege of watching Senna v/s Prost battles.
Old 14th September 2007, 22:49   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
The Chief Designer, #1 Driver, #1 Test Driver and the Team Management swap emails about the 'Red Car's specs - how can it possibly be Team McLaren's fault? Poor McLaren - they have really bad employees.
As i said earlier, in which case they do deserve capital punishment. Better still COughlan, Alonso and pedro should be banned from the sport if proved so instead of penalising the team which i am SURE is more than just Alonso, Pedro and Coughlan(well he is no more a part of mclaren anyway).

Coughlan was one bad seed, I am sure Team management refers to a collective noun in this case, which is surely more than one person. IF it was a team effort why would these advantages be restricted to alonso only, why would they deprive hamilton of this advantage, considering Hamilton is Ron's boy. I mean it wouldnt have killed pedro or coughlan to atleast cc or bcc him on their mails of the "RED CAR". The truth of the fact is that Pedro, alonso, coughlan and nigel were the traitors and parties involved as individuals. These indivdiuals need to be brought to justice not an entire team who had nothing to do with the scandal.
Old 14th September 2007, 22:49   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Being a McLaren fan, I am definitely disappointed with the rulings - but, if McLaren have done something they weren't supposed to, then they fully deserve this penalty.

Objectively, I wonder if McLaren is the first team to have done this unpardonable series of events or the first team to have been caught with their pants down.
Old 14th September 2007, 23:02   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Objectively, I wonder if McLaren is the first team to have done this unpardonable series of events or the first team to have been caught with their pants down.
yes.with competitors info regarding the ongoing season.
Old 14th September 2007, 23:07   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Some things are not making sense to me. Why would Perdo or Alonso care about weight dist of the Ferrari. These guys are drivers not technical guys. If anything there are asking their own guy for the info not Nigel Stepny.
Old 15th September 2007, 00:10   #98
Senior - BHPian

WHAT MATTERS IS WE ARE RACING THIS WEEKEND AND THE NEXT AND SO ON.
NO MATTER WHAT Mclaren will take poll tomm.
Old 15th September 2007, 02:09   #99
Senior - BHPian

Yeah and the fact also is that they are cheaters and Alonso is a part of the whole scheme & all of them deserved to be banned for the rest of their careers.
Old 15th September 2007, 07:53   #100
BANNED

Ok, Guys! Let's chilllllll......
The whole circus is going to roll once again in a few hours. Let's see the clowns, artists and animals in some real action. Enough of drama right?
Old 15th September 2007, 08:48   #101
Senior - BHPian

if you read this most Mclaren fans will join the Alonso Haters Club,which your offcourse welcome to at any point in time....

from ITV-F1 James Allen
Quote:
What condemned McLaren was the email traffic between him and de la Rosa (as well as a report from the Italian communication police regarding the volume and timing of email, phone and text traffic between Stepney and Coughlan).

Dennis has now confirmed that once he learned of the emails, from Alonso on the morning of the Hungarian GP, he himself told Mosley about them, because he did not want it to come from anyone else.
But what was Alonso trying to achieve by confronting Ron with the emails on that Sunday morning?
Apparently Dennis explained to the WMSC that Alonso had some demands, which are not hard to imagine, but Dennis refused to satisfy them. When this all comes out next week, it will probably look quite bad for Alonso.

Crucially, history will show that Alonso’s meeting with Dennis came after the qualifying episode in Hungary, where first Lewis disobeyed team orders and then Alonso blocked him at the end of the session and was penalised.
That brought things to a head between Alonso and Dennis.
Alonso’s relationship with the team has now totally broken down and it is impossible to imagine him driving a McLaren next year.
source:itv.com/f1 - James Allen's verdict

to be fair to Ron i think he did not know anything at the start of the scandal but tried to cover it up later till all the beans were out.

here is a fax that i have come across from P-F1 by a member Todd.read page 3.pass & username 1234

http://www.racefax.com/content/features/Unravel.pdf

Last edited by merve_extreme : 15th September 2007 at 09:03.
Old 15th September 2007, 10:21   #102
Team-BHP Support

Looks like Mclaran have been involved in what is called IP contamination (intellectual property). An employee sneezes the secrets and the company gets the flu.

There was a case where a person joined a rival company and brought classifed documents from his old company and proudly presented them to his boss. The boss told him to sit there. Contacted the old company lawyers who picked up the documents and they brought the police to pick the person up!!!

Chances are Ron Dennis might not have known this till too late. If he had, he could have minimised damage. But he has a friend in Uncle Max. Please see article below:

David Tremayne: Harsh punishment the result of Mosley's war on McLaren
Published: 14 September 2007
So, did the punishment fit the crime? Following yesterday's decision by the World Motor Sport Council, McLaren were fined $100m (£49.2m) and have lost the 166 points they have scored in the World Championship, and will not be eligible to score any more regardless of what their drivers Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso achieve this season.

One of the least savoury aspects of this sorry saga has been the accusation that it has not just been a matter of pursuing justice, but part of the ongoing class war between team principal Ron Dennis and FIA president Max Mosley . more here

The end comment is interesting:

" Oh, and that $100m fine? It is unprecedented and Draconian, and clearly designed to grab world headlines. Perhaps it was just the late hour at which the official statement was written, perhaps it was genuine obfuscation, but the net effect is that the day after the decision, all the world will remember is a massive fine, whether or not that is what McLaren will ever actually pay.

Ferrari have won this round and are very happy about it, but elsewhere in the paddock there is little respect for a team that literally seems happy to win at any cost
.."

Last edited by ajmat : 15th September 2007 at 10:23.
Old 15th September 2007, 10:26   #103
Senior - BHPian

but you know what they dont have to pay 100m $ only 30m or so.thats the trickery of the sentence and we cant expect anything else form the British press.They will try all out to show that mclaren were innocent but the truth is out there.
Old 15th September 2007, 11:08   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Ferrari have won this round and are very happy about it, but elsewhere in the paddock there is little respect for a team that literally seems happy to win at any cost.."

Thank you....Finally someone who would mirror my beliefs....

Danger lurking...Might lose the WCC for the 3rd straight year....and they pull off something somehow which ensures they get what they want.

And RON...don't let them get you!

McLaren getting Ferrari's info is the latter's problem...why does it call for CAPITOL PUNISHMENT? Raise these commotions when the US of A butts into every one's business and gets top secret info of other countries without their permission.

Last edited by turbo_v12 : 15th September 2007 at 11:12.
Old 15th September 2007, 11:12   #105
BHPian

Some are upset by ferrari being happy or winning at any cost. If I were ferrari I wont be even happy at this verdict.

If some body steals information from me I can only expel and take legal action. But if someone brings me information and my drivers keep exchanging information about the details I will be mad if i don't appropriate action. Of course expelling Alonso from the team would be complicated than expelling just coughlan.

But offering immunity is the funniest part of the whole fiasco! Where in the world any accused go without punishment after confessing! What kind of justice is this? There should have been some action on Alonso. Being a champion he must be more ethical and be aware of the implications. Weird! If it were a spyker driver he would get a life ban alright?

Last edited by LandCruiser : 15th September 2007 at 11:16.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks