Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2007, 16:02   #31
BHPian

By the way karuns going ..he should be looking beyond spyker

Karun ..get a good agent mate !
Old 30th September 2007, 14:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

Formula 1 : News ALONSO - F1-Live.com

Speculation galore. Alonso aint going to Ferrari for sure.
Old 1st October 2007, 16:47   #33
BHPian

Dont believe what those guys say mate! Only time will tell I guess!

Personally would like to see Kimi and Massa continue, Hamilton at McLaren and Alonso at Renault. Should throw the race wide open and get more teams into contention.
Old 1st October 2007, 19:01   #34
BHPian

Alonso + Ferrai IP (intellectual property) to renault next year would be interesting
Old 1st October 2007, 21:24   #35
BHPian

I dont think Alonso would fit into Ferrari. He too knows it would be very tough for him to get along with Kimi. Also to note Kimi is the only pre mc-laren guy who never talked about his old team. This shows his professionalism. Getting along with him would be a nightmare for Alonso with his ultra possesive mentality. If Mc-Laren's contractual terms are weak hopefully we can see Alonso in Renault next season.

Neverthless to say that Ron dennis does not seem to be a good manager with the history of his relationships with many drivers(Senna, Montoya and now Alonso)...
Old 2nd October 2007, 10:46   #36
BHPian

==============================
Alonso rules out sabbatical year
Hamilton hopes Alonso leaves McLaren
McLaren vow to focus solely on racing
Hamilton: Alonso not loyal to McLaren
Hamilton: McLaren know who to support
Alonso: I will do my talking on the track

=========================
Those are some of the headlines surrounding McLaren of late. Look at the comments by Hamilton.
Old 2nd October 2007, 11:02   #37
BHPian

I think nothing wrong done by Hamilton imagine he coming to know that Alonso was blackmailing Ron Dennis to make him the number one driver or else he spills the beans and upon that the last race incident,so its like tit for tat
Old 2nd October 2007, 13:38   #38
BHPian

I remember last year after Alonso won the F1 WC 2006, a spanish news paper stated that even if Aonso had an option of moving to Ferrari he wouldnt, and preferred McLaren cause he wanted to be in the same league as Senna and wanted to win in a McLaren jus as Senna did, cause even Senna didnt like the idea of joining Ferrari during his days.
Now an hour or so ago news hit the net stating that "FERRARI SHUT DOOR ON ALONSO." but Todt did state in a Spanish newspaper interview that he admired the McLaren driver and did not rule out an eventual interest in him.
Zero chance of Alonso at Ferrari in 2008, says Todt | Breaking news | Guardian Unlimited Sport
Staying in McLaren wont really help him especially with his recent cold war with Hamilton and Ron Dennis. But its common sense, wat would McLaren want?? a British WC driver in a British car or a Spanish WC driver in a British car.
Alonso in everyway is worth a 3rd WC title, he moved to Renault and changed things for them and now to McLaren and jus look at them. I just dont think McLaren have done enough for him.

Last edited by turbolader : 2nd October 2007 at 13:40.
Old 2nd October 2007, 13:44   #39
BHPian

i could care less where alonso goes. hope massa and kimi stay with ferrari.
Old 2nd October 2007, 14:56   #40
BHPian

First things first, IMO, Alonso wouldnt be in Mclaren for sure.

His options:

(a). Renault :: Flavio Briatore will be more than happy if he goes back to Renault: autosport.com - F1 News: Briatore confirms Alonso offer

As per Briatore, "McLaren boss Ron Dennis's record with Latin drivers has not been very good..Maybe he did not study Latin at school..." Yeah, and you (Italian) is a Masters in Latin People Management, huh???

It is clear when a WC moves on to a team, he expects a bit more (read favouritism) than his colleague, for obvious reasons, which McLaren hasnt been successful in giving him, one of the factor being the performance of Rob's baby LH.

(b). Ferrari:: Meanwhile, Ferrari boss says he wasnt very happy on how things went on when FA had nearly finalised moving to Prancing horse last year but went to Renault. But he also insisted that he did not have any personal grudges with FA, and if at any point Ferrari wants him at the team, he will not say no.

IMO, FA is better off in Renault.
Old 2nd October 2007, 19:35   #41
BHPian

Renault was a good car on Michelins. They are having trouble coping with the Japanese rubber this year and it will take them a year or so to be competitive again.
The only option Nando has is BMW Sauber, but they have two competent drivers already signed up for next year.
Senna was known to pester Ron Dennis for payments, so Ron does know what it means to have a hotheaded world champion in his team. I just think that Ron is not such a good personal manager as he thinks he is.
Old 2nd October 2007, 22:50   #42
F50
Senior - BHPian

Ok, its OFFICIAL. Alonso has ....................

I hope this day never comes.
Old 2nd October 2007, 23:17   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Ok, its OFFICIAL. Alonso has ....................

I hope this day never comes.
Ha ha ha.. that a nice one. But i doubt thats for next year..he is firmly at mclaren for the next year.
Old 3rd October 2007, 04:23   #44
BHPian

I just hope McLaren does not release Alonso next year, but put him on the bench! Alonso won't be able to take that and will want to get out of the contract... so Renault will offer to buy him out and McLaren can charge a $100 million to release Alonso and make up for the fine.
Old 3rd October 2007, 09:44   #45
BHPian

Nice line of thought but why should McLaren want to take the fine out of poor Alonso?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks