Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2007, 16:17   #1
BHPian

Alonso to Ferrari, Massa to Toyota: Speculation

'Alonso to Ferrari, Massa to Toyota' - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com

Personally I can’t see this happening(water tight contract and Spanish sponsors loss to McLaren), but it could be a distinct possibility(hugh payout).
I wonder if he will get the coveted # 1 status with Kimi in the other car.
Old 24th September 2007, 16:19   #2
Team-BHP Support

Last line of the article:

On a personal note, P-F1 believes Alonso would do well at Ferrari... after all he already knows all about the car and how to set it up.

hahahahahaa!!!
Old 24th September 2007, 16:22   #3
BHPian

Interesting...would like to know how this would affect Louis though.
Old 24th September 2007, 16:46   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Fonso's problems at Mclaren stemmed out of NOT having no.1 / preferred status. I dont know how smart it will be to move to Ferrari with Kimi in place.

Me thinks he may just about go back to Renault.
Old 24th September 2007, 17:02   #5
BHPian

Fonso should not look anywhere other than Renault.
It would be a pity if Ferrari loose Massa for Fonso or for that matter anyone else.
Old 24th September 2007, 17:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Alonso is going only one place. And that may or may not be Renault. Flavio B has not confirmed Fisi for the 2008 season and its no secret that Renault are desperate to get back to winning ways. And Alonso is a win-at-all-costs racer. Ideal partnership. They had started work on their '08 car mid-season and Heikki would be an ideal foil for Alonso, given that he is another one of Flav's boys. (or will he do a Lewis Hamilton?? )

Think about it.....after Stephneygate, can you ever imagine the hot-blooded tifosi to accept Alonso as their own?!
Old 25th September 2007, 11:05   #7
BHPian

I think Alonso should be OK with being treated equal as Kim at Ferrari, but thats just my gues.
These could well be just rumors for all we know but if they arent then the big question is who will fill Alonso's seat at McLaren.
I say get Montoya back in that seat and let him loose on Alonso and Kimi in the red cars. Boy what a contest that would be.
Old 25th September 2007, 11:17   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I say get Montoya back in that seat and let him loose on Alonso and Kimi in the red cars.
You cannot be serious! Montoya is making a fool of himself in Nascar at the moment. There will be no F1 team ready to touch him with a pole, forget about a race seat!

His best racing days were his rookie years in the CART series. He had flashes of brilliance after that, but never enough for anyone to take him seriously.
Old 25th September 2007, 13:16   #9
BHPian

I think F1 could do better than falling back on oldies like Montoya - there's tons of talent waiting in the wings, if somebody cared enough to look... Villeneuve was the Lewis Hamilton of his time, giving his more experienced team-mate Damon Hill a run for his money in just his rookie year ! Sad to see him where he is now - NASCAR trucks !?!

That's also why I don't read too much into the Lewis-The-God-Hamilton circus - for all we know, he could do a Villeneuve, languish on the side-lines for eternity, & end up in NASCAR trucks 10 years from now ! Very few drivers follow through & deliver on the expectations which the early days of their career promise. Did Villeneuve make a mistake with BAR & waste away his F1 Godsend ?
Old 25th September 2007, 16:04   #10
Team-BHP Support

Hey srini, you do know the secret to Lewis' speed don't you:

Old 25th September 2007, 16:11   #11
BHPian

That was a good one
Old 25th September 2007, 17:58   #12
BHPian

Hummm... may be my American friends read a bit too much into Montoyas Nascar career.
As for fresh talent, would you have guys like Vettel, Kubica and the other Sebastian in F1 than real characters? F1 is entertainment and who better than someone who has the guts to do it.
I dont know guys, but F1 is becoming too much of an off track event than anything.

Last edited by RacingForIndia : 25th September 2007 at 17:59. Reason: Words
Old 25th September 2007, 18:10   #13
BANNED

I don't think Ferrari will take the risk of losing massa. Kimi is also not worth losing.

Alonso may opt for Renault.
Old 25th September 2007, 18:21   #14
BHPian

RTech, that was a good one indeed Schumi is one of the few who have delivered on their early promise. All that is being said about Lewis now was said about Jacques too - 11 years ago ! I still remember his debut race, Australian GP, 1996 - he qualified on pole ! And almost won the race too - a lubrication problem & team orders to slow down eventually saved Damon the embarrassment of having to come second to a F1 rookie (in his debut race). Only time will tell if Lewis does a "Schumi", or a "Jacques"
Old 25th September 2007, 21:31   #15
BANNED

Alonso to Ferrari

Tonights sportcentre had news about Alonso's contract to Ferrari.Salary around 42m,that is a good 10m less than Kimi.So now this is much more than speculation///

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks