Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:32   #46
BHPian

I loved the outcome of the season. Yes, none would have expected Kimi to win. But wow, it was Ferrari and Kimi. Feel bad for Hamilton, but hey, to be the second best driver in his first season is by all means a great achievement.

I would not haven been this happy if fonsi had won..!!
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:35   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
And bang on target what MASSA said "I hope I do the same some day" and I think he just might do it!
Somehow, I don't think it is going to happen. Kimi is now firmly in his stride and will be difficult to beat in the same equipment.
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:46   #48
Team-BHP Support

@ thefreak - I do agree with you on maintaining harmony in the team. But, when you have two highly talented drivers who are going all out for a win without fear, it's always going to be difficult. And if it means that I'm going to get to see a season as interesting as this one, it's not a bad thing at all. Think, when was the last time we saw a three way battle? If you have a #1 and #2 driver, always remember that the #2 fellow will always be the bride's maid - someone who'll never be allowed to win. If he wants to win, he will have to join another team which may not be able to give him a car capable of winning. Barrichello fans will surely agree (though they seem to have disappeared since he left Ferrari).
Yes, I am unhappy that McLaren lost, but, Kimi winning is not a bad thing either.
As a McLaren fan, it was painful, but, as a racing fan, it was fantastic. The best drivers on the track (Lewis, Fernando and Kimi) got the best cars to race. Someone has to win and someone has to lose. I'm with Mpower when it comes to team orders.
As far as Tifosi celebrations go, sure, go all out and enjoy, but, don't pass negative comments about other teams.
Old 22nd October 2007, 10:54   #49
Team-BHP Support

It's not over yet. Mclaren may appeal!
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:03   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT
It's not over yet. Mclaren may appeal!
Looking at the results, FIA might just console them with the constructor's for $100 million.
Or let them go without the fine.
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:21   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
kimi declared as winner by stewards. They are not penalizing the team for fuel irregularities.
Hold on guys, it might be some trouble brewing for KIMI's WC. McLaren are getting ready to appeal against the stewards decision of not penalizing BMW & Williams. This really sucks and shows the team's desperation to get the title. I just hope that the FIA slaps back the penalty in McLaren's face!
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:25   #52
Senior - BHPian

Yes, yes, yes ....what more can I say! Man, I was hoping for a miracle & it happened!

Oh & yes, Khaadu, thanks a ton for filling me in on the phone when I was waiting for the cable connection to come back at my friends place! Your commentary was almost as good as the real thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
In Kimi's case he used team orders on two occasions to take positions from Massa and gain a points advantage. Sorry, but I'm not feelin' it for Kimi and I simply dont like this team orders nonsense. Its not in the spirit of the sport.
I thought it was very professionally handled by Ferrari - it was just that they took less time over Kimi's pit stop. So much more sensitive than asking one driver to pull over & let the other one through (as we've seen in the past during MS's time)? And I'm sure that if Massa had been in sniffing distance of the top position, it may have been a similar story but in this kind of a situation I thought it was handled well.
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:50   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
As far as Tifosi celebrations go, sure, go all out and enjoy, but, don't pass negative comments about other teams.
Agreed on the team orders but very subtly done was it not! Anyway as far as I go I am not belittling any team! No sir! Mclaren is as good as it gets and they offered wonderful reliability. I was just taking a dig at the manager.

Wholeheartedly agreed that this was the season in F1. Last time a three way title fight happened I did not know that there was a sport like F1 .

Feel happy for Kimi but a tad sad for Louis too. A bit more of experience and the story might have been different. I tell you what the master strategist MS would have done in such a scenario - He would have settled for fourth behind Alonso and not given Alonso the opportunity to brake test him. I thought that was the turning point of the race with Hamilton's inexperience finally telling (finally I say becasue the guy was so good the entire season).

People will come back with "that is why Louis is such a racer because he wanted to win blah blah blah" but I think all Louis wanted to do was to prove himself superior to Alonso by finishing ahead of him. While that may be a great trait it can sometimes be devastating! That is what experience teaches you. It does not matter as to who wins the small battles. What matters is who wins the war. In this case it was Kimi and Ferrari. Kudos to them.

Hopefully the title race will be similarly competitive next year too with an Indian team featuring among the front runners! (Now is that not too much?)
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:31   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats to Kimi. He got what he long deserved but was elusive. Altho I'm a McLaren fan, I must say they lost the plot during this last race.

And someone throw rotten tomatos at Alonso.
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:31   #55
BHPian

Quote:
@ thefreak - I do agree with you on maintaining harmony in the team. But, when you have two highly talented drivers who are going all out for a win without fear, it's always going to be difficult. And if it means that I'm going to get to see a season as interesting as this one, it's not a bad thing at all. Think, when was the last time we saw a three way battle? If you have a #1 and #2 driver, always remember that the #2 fellow will always be the bride's maid - someone who'll never be allowed to win. If he wants to win, he will have to join another team which may not be able to give him a car capable of winning. Barrichello fans will surely agree (though they seem to have disappeared since he left Ferrari).
Yes, I am unhappy that McLaren lost, but, Kimi winning is not a bad thing either.
As a McLaren fan, it was painful, but, as a racing fan, it was fantastic. The best drivers on the track (Lewis, Fernando and Kimi) got the best cars to race. Someone has to win and someone has to lose. I'm with Mpower when it comes to team orders.
F1 is a team sport..what is wrong in moving over for you team mate if he has the chance to win the championship beating their rivals...i just can't understand some peoples line of thought.. it is a TEAM sport...
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:41   #56
BHPian

Has to be the one of the best season ending races for a long time... Had me glued to the TV!
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:43   #57
BANNED

Kimi and Ferrari rocked..

I some how feel Alonso is cunning always
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:46   #58
BHPian

What Alain Prost predicted was right, having 2 drivers in the same team fighting for the WC will backfire on the team as it did during his battle with Senna.
Anyways who cares, against the odds, he has done it.................KIMI is champion!!!!!!
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:46   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Rather unwarranted comment, that.
What do you know about Ron Dennis?
hmmm... maybe these were harsh words coming out of real frustration. What else can you say when you snatch defeat from victory?? Can you tell me who is to blame for Mclaren loss here?
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:49   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
IA managers job, above all is to manage his team. If you end up not talking to a member of the team you have failed to do your job. I agree that probably a major share of the blame lies with Alonso but then it is Ron's job to ensure harmony in the team and he should have gone out of his way to make up with Alonso rather than making it publicly known (yesterday's race commentator said this) that he is not on speaking terms with Alonso.
exactly what I wanted to say. Maybe should have put them in better words ,but was too bugged then..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks