Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 10:20   #91
BHPian

hamilton admits human error for the gearbox slip up...again if they want to appeal thats a shame....
Old 23rd October 2007, 10:36   #92
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Mclaren should now focus on the next season instead of wasting their time on Appeal etc, else BMW, Toyota & Renault are all gearing up to beat them too!
Old 23rd October 2007, 10:57   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
i feel this is racing and victories and championships should be decided on the track and not off it Mclaren should just move on and look forward as to how they can do well ON THE TRACK next season !!
Lewis Hamilton: 'I will win it on track'

Lewis Hamilton last night told McLaren that he does not want to become world champion by default after his team appealed against the decision by stewards not to penalise BMW and Williams over fuel irregularities at the Brazilian grand prix.

more here
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:02   #94
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

Lewis Hamilton last night told McLaren that he does not want to become world champion by default after his team appealed against the decision by stewards not to penalise BMW and Williams over fuel irregularities at the Brazilian grand prix.

more here
Thats what you call a great racer ... Im sure he knows that he's way faster than the others on the circuit and he won't have to wait long before he wins it on track as well !!

But I still would like to see him win ... a win as a rookie is something totally different !!
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:03   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

more here
Not to forget Alonso who's thrown in his bit for good measure as well -

itv.com/f1 - Alonso: Shameful if title won in court
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:11   #96
BHPian

it would be very unfair if hamilton wins this on court after all those mistakes in the final two races.
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:35   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by route666 View Post
it would be very unfair if hamilton wins this on court after all those mistakes in the final two races.
And unsporting too.
But, as it turns out he is neither and has character. Well done, kid.
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:41   #98
Senior - BHPian

Hamilton is a true sportsman and that shows it. He may have lost it this time around but he will surely be a force to reckon with in the coming seasons. Even admitting his own error is a very big thing. He is pure championship material and even if he did not win, finishing second that to by one point in his rookie season is a fantastic achievement. And no cant call him a rookie now

Well done Lewis.
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:45   #99
BHPian

Man read the Alonso thing. Was that guy scathing against the McLaren team management. Must say that after an interview like this the chances of Alonso staying are bleak!
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:50   #100
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Once in a personal interview at Woking,Mclaren Technology Centre, Ron Dennis said this " When you are second, your still the winner and first among the losers". Hamilton's thoughts purely reverberate this philosophy. After all RD carved Hamilton's career since he was 10.
Mclaren will be back next year and Hamilton will win the championsip.2007 is done... may be not dusted yet !!!
Old 23rd October 2007, 12:28   #101
BHPian

The race was a treat, the best part i liked was in the start when both the ferraris blocked hamiltons car to cruise..Kimi was outstanding in this ACT!!
Old 23rd October 2007, 12:51   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
Man read the Alonso thing. Was that guy scathing against the McLaren team management. Must say that after an interview like this the chances of Alonso staying are bleak!
I am still not sure why he just cant leave and stop issuing such statements. Maybe he does not have a team to race for next season

Guys anybody knows whats the latest on the Mclaren appeal?
Old 23rd October 2007, 13:03   #103
BHPian

As is, "wonder boy" kept his points only because of FIA's immunity offer. The success of the McLaren drivers on the track was because of their subterfuge & should've been dismissed as 'fruits of a poisonous tree' !

Anyway, can anybody throw some light on this fuel temperature fuss ? All I can find in the regulations are:
0. Fuel temperatures shouldn't fall below 10 degrees C from ambient (Article:6.5.5)
1. Devices that cool fuel are not allowed (Article:6.5.6)

If it's the former, then it follows that BMW & Williams cooled the fuel outside the cars, in the fuel rigs themselves. However, the fuel rigs are identical, supplied by a manufacturer specified by the FIA (Article:6.5.1) ! If it's the latter, the cars couldn't have passed scrutineering right ?

All this has precedence however, I remember seeing a picture, in a F1 magazine, from the early eighties, of a McLaren fuel rig - they used liquid nitrogen to cool the fuel ! Cool right ?

By the way, did anybody else find the commentators on StarSports unashamedly wishing for whiz-kid's success, & literally praying for cars ahead of him to fail, revolting ?

Last edited by im_srini : 23rd October 2007 at 13:06.
Old 23rd October 2007, 13:05   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanh_hunt View Post
I am still not sure why he just cant leave and stop issuing such statements. Maybe he does not have a team to race for next season

Guys anybody knows whats the latest on the Mclaren appeal?
Probably he thinks there's no other team is capable of giving him a car that will win a championship. If he went to Ferrari, neither he nor Kimi would accept being #2 after their recent success. And anyway, Ferrari have confirmed Kimi and Massa. So, that road is blocked. BMW - not quite there. Renault - I don't know.
After Hamilton's statement, I don't think McLaren will appeal.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd October 2007 at 13:10.
Old 23rd October 2007, 13:21   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
As is, "wonder boy" kept his points only because of FIA's immunity offer. The success of the McLaren drivers on the track was because of their subterfuge & should've been dismissed as 'fruits of a poisonous tree' !

Anyway, can anybody throw some light on this fuel temperature fuss ? All I can find in the regulations are:
0. Fuel temperatures shouldn't fall below 10 degrees C from ambient (Article:6.5.5)
1. Devices that cool fuel are not allowed (Article:6.5.6)

If it's the former, then it follows that BMW & Williams cooled the fuel outside the cars, in the fuel rigs themselves. However, the fuel rigs are identical, supplied by a manufacturer specified by the FIA (Article:6.5.1) ! If it's the latter, the cars couldn't have passed scrutineering right ?

All this has precedence however, I remember seeing a picture, in a F1 magazine, from the early eighties, of a McLaren fuel rig - they used liquid nitrogen to cool the fuel ! Cool right ?

By the way, did anybody else find the commentators on StarSports unashamedly wishing for whiz-kid's success, & literally praying for cars ahead of him to fail, revolting ?

they are british....until last weekend they were hoping to see two wold champions..but failed both in f1 and rugby...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks