Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2007, 21:21   #16
BHPian

It had to happen, didn't it? Except I'm not sure how good this is for McLaren. While FA and Ron Dennis don't get along, IMHO a lot of FA's car setup data was used to help setup Hamiltons. And it remains to be seen if Hamilton has enough experience to set up a car the way he wants it.

I think McLaren shouldn't look at Hekki Kov or any of the newer drivers cos they need someone experienced in the team. Maybe old man DC?

Methinks Toyota might be in the running for bagging Alonso, from a $$ perspective (cos of their supra budget).
Old 2nd November 2007, 21:22   #17
BHPian

What's with all this "hating" stuff ? He's no burglar, murderer, or politician ! Alonso to Red Bull ? That would mean that either DC or Webber would have to leave wouldn't it ? Talking of DC, he's been in it since 1994, I guess the old geezer's still "loving it" !

Yes, Alonso has had a terrible year, but when he came to F1 in 2001, with Minardi I think, he was just 20 years old ! If "boy-wonder" had been driving for Toro Rosso, Super Aguri, or Spyker, this year, would he have enjoyed such success ?

Alonso's skill, & contribution, to Renault's success cannot be denied - he was instrumental in their winning of the championships in 2005, & in 2006. You just had to compare his performance to Fisi's in every race to gauge his skill. Yes, 2007 was bad, maybe he was thrown off by the switch to Bridgestones, like how Kimi was, at the start of the season. Would McLaren regret their decision to let Alonso go - only time will tell. One things' for sure however, come 2008, he'll be back, doing his "stuff" !
Old 2nd November 2007, 21:57   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamenon View Post
I think McLaren shouldn't look at Hekki Kov or any of the newer drivers cos they need someone experienced in the team. Maybe old man DC?
DC ?? very unlikely satya , maybe fisichella or ralph

Formula 1 : News COULTHARD - F1-Live.com
Old 2nd November 2007, 23:13   #19
BHPian

I wish Nico comes to McLaren........ Alonso can go to A1GP Spanish team!!!
Old 3rd November 2007, 00:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

“Since I was a boy I had always wanted to drive for McLaren,” Alonso admitted after the separation had been announced, “but sometimes in life things do not work out. I continue to believe McLaren is a great team. Yes, we have had our ups and downs during the season, which has made it extra-challenging for all of us, and it is not a secret that I never really felt at home.” F.Alonso formula 1, f1, formula one, moto gp, wrc, wsbk, bsb, btcc, nascar, champ car, irl, a1, gt, le mans.

Hes one of the best drivers around. Hey he beat schumi to the championship TWICE. Who could have done that. Hes going to be back as good as ever next season with RENAULT.

De La rosa could well be driving for Mclaren next season.
Old 3rd November 2007, 00:53   #21
BHPian

Suprise ---------- F.A will join BMW and win the title next year
Old 3rd November 2007, 01:05   #22
BHPian

News says he's gonna be in Renault or Red Bull next year,but I wanted to see him in Ferarri.it would be amazing man.
Old 3rd November 2007, 04:06   #23
BHPian

Good riddance! All he ever did was whine, complain, accuse, act like a sore loser, and display his over inflated ego for whoever care to listen. I guess good 'ol flavio is the only one that can handle him!

K.
Old 3rd November 2007, 06:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

One of the great drivers..he is no doubt, but he is also a big cribbo. Wherever he goes,the cars not gonna be as fast as McLaren and Ferrari so he is gonna crib like hell.
Old 3rd November 2007, 07:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

suprising that they decided to wash stuff in public. this will just fuel the fire about speculation. I am sure MCL always wanted a schumi for their team, and that is what hamilton is going to be groomed to do. Having two good drivers, would make them constantly choose between who comes in first nd 2nd, and that was seen this season. however, I think they will bring someone else, who is good at keeping lines, to always be just behind hamilton. Like what the ferrari's did this season. Well, if FA does join spyker, it will be good, guess it would give the team a helluvalot of coverage that they could have hoped to get, but the question is can they afford him? Him just joining the team, would be a morale booster to the team. lets see how things go.
Old 3rd November 2007, 07:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

If he is going to RBR that is it, there is no chance for him to win it in that car.

OT - there isnt going to be any engine development for the next 10 years, so where does that leave force india?
Old 3rd November 2007, 09:42   #27
BHPian

heard that if alonso goes to RBR they will try to rope in ross brawn as well.
alonso+ newey+ brawn + red bull cash...deadly combination...
Old 4th November 2007, 00:08   #28
BHPian

Wish Alonso would stay with McLaren and Hamilton would go away...
Old 4th November 2007, 18:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12 View Post
Wish Alonso would stay with McLaren and Hamilton would go away...
Not a chance on Earth.Hamilton is Ron's baby.
Old 4th November 2007, 20:24   #30
Senior - BHPian

Its good that McLaren let him go.... he's the one who totally split up the team. And i guess only Renault or any lower team would want him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks