Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2007, 23:51   #1
BHPian

Schumi on Stoner's 07 MotoGP Ducati!!

click to read

Quote from the article:
Quote:
Schumacher has clocked an incredible best lap of 1.37.89 in a special guest ride on Stoner’s GP7.

That time is just a fraction over five seconds outside of Dani Pedrosa’s new lap record, which the Spaniard set in winning the Valencia GP yesterday. Repsol Honda rider Pedrosa’s new lap record in the 30-lap race was a 1.32.748.
Old 8th November 2007, 00:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

I am NOT a shumie fan ... however give him a TVS 50 or a bullock cart and he would get best times from it.

The man is just sheer brilliance.
Old 8th November 2007, 13:34   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Me too not a fan of Shumi but of Ferrari, so unfortunately have to like him too.
Old 8th November 2007, 14:25   #4
BHPian

Dude Schumi is schumi... Nobody can master driving F-1 the way he been driving. Ferrari has so much confidence in him that they are calling him to drive the 2008 car since he knows about driving without the traction control in drivers hand.. He is bible of F1 driving.
Old 8th November 2007, 15:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsxei View Post
click to read

Quote from the article:
5 second are an eternity in any form of professional racing. I dunno whats special, even if he was riding a bike. Even the bike in question here is the best of the lot by a fair margin.
Old 8th November 2007, 16:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

Schumi is a legend and some are just born for specific things like sachin for cricket,vishy for chess ,schumi is for F-1. Right from his Benneton days, this man is a class apart.
Old 8th November 2007, 19:10   #7
BHPian

Yep the most successful Driver of all times maybe but mind you Hamilton is sure to beat this guys record soon very soon
Old 8th November 2007, 20:04   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
Yep the most successful Driver of all times maybe but mind you Hamilton is sure to beat this guys record soon very soon
Schumi = 7 world Championship titles.

Hamilton = 0.

He needs a minimum of 7 years to beat this record. And the chances of him winning 7 titles on the trot (in a McLaren that too !! ) is next to impossible.

10 yrs is soon ? roflmao.

92 race victories. 68 pole positions. 154 podiums.

You think Hamilton will beat these records soon ?? Impossible. Unless of course, your definition of "soon" is in the next 25 yrs .

lol....
Old 8th November 2007, 20:19   #9
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Schumi this schumi that....schumee where aryton senna's at?
Old 8th November 2007, 20:44   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
5 second are an eternity in any form of professional racing. I dunno whats special, even if he was riding a bike. Even the bike in question here is the best of the lot by a fair margin.

For getting into that 5 second margin, you still need to put your knee down, brake hard into corners ( remember on carbon brakes), maybe spin the wheel a little bit on the exit of the corners etc. You dont get those times by trundling around as any other celebrity. I would say this is awesome!!
Old 8th November 2007, 20:55   #11
BHPian

who said u Hamilton will stay at Mclaren Merc all his lifetime ? wait n watch if Merc dont provide him the best car he will move on to rival car maybe Ferrari bcoz Todt wants him dearly he will get paid any amount he wishes.
Old 8th November 2007, 21:26   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
It is special because he is not a moto-gp racer.
Old 8th November 2007, 21:26   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
For getting into that 5 second margin, you still need to put your knee down, brake hard into corners ( remember on carbon brakes), maybe spin the wheel a little bit on the exit of the corners etc. You dont get those times by trundling around as any other celebrity. I would say this is awesome!!
Exactly, he isnt just another celebrity.... if you know what I mean. Even ferrari claims for some of their models that even a novice driver would post lap times very close to a test driver. In this case we arent talking about a novice.
Old 8th November 2007, 21:28   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
who said u Hamilton will stay at Mclaren Merc all his lifetime ? wait n watch if Merc dont provide him the best car he will move on to rival car maybe Ferrari bcoz Todt wants him dearly he will get paid any amount he wishes.
You have a point. But the sort of bond Hamilton shares with Ron Dennis and McLaren is like the bond Schumi has with Ferrari. I doubt he'll leave easily. He'll probably stick with them until they regain their form.

I dont like the McLaren team as much as Ferrari but I have to say, they are a champion team and you can never keep a good team down for long.
Old 8th November 2007, 21:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

A racer will always be a racer - Valentino Rossi test drives Ferrari F1 Car - gizmag Article

Shan2nu

Most Viewed