Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2008, 12:32   #1
BHPian

Singapore F1: Still dreaming of watching it?

Prices are way above reach. The cheapest is SGD$168 where one can barely see anything.
The Official Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix Website

I was hoping to watch it there, but I guess I have to settle to TV viewing.
Old 20th February 2008, 15:35   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Prices are way above reach. The cheapest is SGD$168 where one can barely see anything.
The Official Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix Website

I was hoping to watch it there, but I guess I have to settle to TV viewing.
Dude, the $168 tickets are for the walkabout not seats. Anyway, considering that SGD$1 = Rs.28, it is not bad at all.
Old 20th February 2008, 15:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Booked my tickets already. Bloody expensive at SGD 698 for a 3 day pass at the Marina grandstand but what the heck - the first night race in history.

Kvish, not sure if you tried the Bay grandstand (upper tier) 3 day passes - still available at SGD 248; the lower ones are available in very limited quantities at SGD 298.

Now comes the struggle for a decent Hotel at an indecent price lol!
Old 20th February 2008, 17:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

This is phase 1 of ticket sales. They have only 3-day passes available if i am right. Hopefully, the race-day passes should come out a bit later.
Old 20th February 2008, 17:19   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Booked my tickets already. Bloody expensive at SGD 698 for a 3 day pass at the Marina grandstand but what the heck - the first night race in history.

Kvish, not sure if you tried the Bay grandstand (upper tier) 3 day passes - still available at SGD 248; the lower ones are available in very limited quantities at SGD 298.

Now comes the struggle for a decent Hotel at an indecent price lol!
Great!
I couldnt afford the SGD 698 passes but got the SGD 298 ones 2 days before online ticket bookings started since I was told they would go quickly...got some friends in sg. It should be quite an experience
Old 24th September 2008, 12:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

All set for the BIG EVENT!

The excitement is mounting & the adrenalin has already started PUMPING BIG TIME.

Been suffering from insomnia the past couple of nights & just can't wait to hit Singapore. In a little over 48 hours from now, will be landing there to become a small part of history! Intend to catch the 1st & 2nd practice sessions if we reach on time. They seem to have knocked off the Fiat 500 Charity races off the program already.

To say that we're looking forward to the Night race will be the understatement of the year. Hope its a Ferrari one-two all the way. Decided to focus on the race & take less of pics this time around. At Sepang last year, I was concentrating more on video film, ain't gonna make the same mistake this time.

Tifosi (and any others), hope we can meet up this time around. Singapore, here we comecheers:
Old 24th September 2008, 15:24   #7
BHPian

Well enjoy my country...hahaha...I hope i can catch it here in chennai :(

Quote:
The excitement is mounting & the adrenalin has already started PUMPING BIG TIME.

Been suffering from insomnia the past couple of nights & just can't wait to hit Singapore. In a little over 48 hours from now, will be landing there to become a small part of history! Intend to catch the 1st & 2nd practice sessions if we reach on time. They seem to have knocked off the Fiat 500 Charity races off the program already.

To say that we're looking forward to the Night race will be the understatement of the year. Hope its a Ferrari one-two all the way. Decided to focus on the race & take less of pics this time around. At Sepang last year, I was concentrating more on video film, ain't gonna make the same mistake this time.

Tifosi (and any others), hope we can meet up this time around. Singapore, here we comecheers:
Old 24th September 2008, 16:05   #8
BHPian

I managed to get tickets for the Marina Grandstand. Going with 7 friends, this is going to one hell of an experience.

Any other bhpians going?
Old 24th September 2008, 16:19   #9
BHPian

I managed to get seats in the Padang Grandstand! Will be there on saturday!
Old 24th September 2008, 16:47   #10
BHPian

I sincerely hope that this does not happen and you enjoy the race in dry conditions.

The Official Formula 1 Website
Old 24th September 2008, 17:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv View Post
I sincerely hope that this does not happen and you enjoy the race in dry conditions.

The Official Formula 1 Website
Well, Singapore has thunderstorms but normally not at night. Could be another "first" this time though.

The biggest gripe I have is that (unlike other circuits) none of the grandstands are covered! Anyway, they are going to be selling single-use ponchos at the gate for SGD 2 (including ear plugs, hah, who wants those!) so that's a MUST given the circumstances. Need some waterproofing for the cameras though.........
Old 24th September 2008, 18:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Have a great time Suman! And do get us some pictures at least! If nothing else then some of the Pit Girls will do!
Old 24th September 2008, 18:32   #13
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ishan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
If nothing else then some of the Pit Girls will do!
Maybe if there are some in the Support Paddock which we will have access to (for the Aston Martin, Formula BMW & Porsche Cup races )

Besides, Tifosikrishna will be doing the rounds so you'll get some good pics I'd think!

Last edited by suman : 24th September 2008 at 18:34.
Old 24th September 2008, 19:07   #14
RGP
BHPian

Quote:
... (including ear plugs, hah, who wants those!) ........
That's what I thought before I first entered the grandstands. You can probably survive the support races, but you'll be stuffing your ears within 2 minutes when the big boys come out to play.
Old 24th September 2008, 19:07   #15
BHPian

I just moved to singapore and too late to buy any tickets. Guess Im lucky enough to see atleast 60% of the track from my office .. wicked smile.. So will be working late from today to watch all the action till qualifying and RACE @ homw.

Everyday from the MRT to office , I see all the action building up for the final countdown.. During the day , the safety car makes lots of rounds around the track, and the engineers in the mini golf cats and cycles.

The practice starts from today, hopefully on the way back home, I should see some real action

Most Viewed