Team-BHP - 2008 F1 season: Pre-season banter
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   2008 F1 season: Pre-season banter (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/36209-2008-f1-season-pre-season-banter.html)

Here we are again. Just over 2 weeks to go for Melbourne! So whats new, who has the better car, how will Force India fare...these are questions many have been juggling in the lead-up to Melbourne.

The usual suspects, Mclaren & Ferrari look solid as ever, with Kimi and Hamilton topping the testing time sheets in the european winter. A certain Mr. Schumacher was close on their heels when given a chance. BMW seem to have a reliable car but a bit down on pace. Renault are picking up steadily and Redbull, Williams look strong too. Force India too look set to race in mid-field sooner rather than later.

On the drivers front, Alonso has resigned to the fact that his Renault may not be able to challenge for the title just yet, while Jenson has realised that Honda will take time to improve under Ross Brawn.

With traction control making an exit, expect a few more 'moments', especially in the first few races. Changes in safety & technical regulations for 2008 season: The Official Formula 1 Website

My dark horse for the season? Nico Rosberg. No, he will not win the championship but expect a few podiums.

Bring it on!

This year is going to be very interesting to see how Ferrari is going to do without Todt!

McLaren have a strong lineup again and I'd love to have them win everything and take revenge for their last years loss.

I expect a very close fight between Kimi, Hamilton & Alonso (if Renault car is in good shape)!

A very thrilling F1 season this time, can't wait!

This is going to be one hell of a season. And as MaserQ pointed out, expect quite a few incidents in the first few races due to the ban on traction control. Very few drivers of the current line up (DC and Fisi being an exception I guess) have raced without traction control. And I strongly believe that taking Fisi on board the Force India Team was a master stroke by the management.

All in all..... looks like an amazing season ahead! And if I am lucky, I might get to attend the Bahrain GP is person..... woooo hooo!!!

Yes! Bring it on.
This year is going to be another amazing and thrilling year (As we always say!). Hamilton, Alonso (Renault is planning something big for this kid na!) and Kimi is going to battle it all the way.
With the news of a possible Ron Dennis exit from Mclaren, it is going to be hot in the off track scene too.

I dont think Ron will be allowed to leave the team. Mclaren-Mercedes have rejected it as silly speculation.

Pre-season: I want to see how Schumi and Kimi drive/behave when they both are going to test the car at Barcelona.
Why did he quit man...... :(

I wish Schumi is back and what a feast it would be to watch lewis,kimi, schumi and cribbity alonso looking to fight out. Since the return of the "Master of Rain" is never happening i see Kimi and Lewis battle it out.
Yea ! Alonso will be a far cry from what he was in previous seasons with the Mc Laren and Ferrari having dominant machines.

This is going to be a rocking season, I can hardly wait!! The Hamilton vs Fonso vs Kimi battle is going to be to die for. But the pinacle of excitement will be to see an Indian team on the tracks.

Let the games begin!

Would leave out fonso for the first half of the season , Its going to be lewis vs Kimi (first row) and Massa vs Heiki (second row) all the way ...sounds boring

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 740633)
This is going to be a rocking season, I can hardly wait!! The Hamilton vs Fonso vs Kimi battle is going to be to die for. But the pinacle of excitement will be to see an Indian team on the tracks.

Let the games begin!

But the pinnacle of excitement [ for me ] will be to see the cars running with NO traction control.
All comes down to your right foot.

I can't wait for the start. I think it will be hard to stop Kimi this year. Lewis will be close but not close enough, he also has a tough challenger in Heikki.

Can't wait for the home team to get on the grid :)
Not stuckup, but i am really inquisitive what Honda and Barrichelo can do from here, last season was a plain disaster.

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhav (Post 740158)

McLaren have a strong lineup again and I'd love to have them win everything and take revenge for their last years loss.

They cheated, they got busted. Revenge against whom, the xerox machine guy?? Wait, have i begun with the bashing a bit too early!! lol

manson.

The fight is going to be between Kimi and Hamilton; Alonso will have to sit and wait till the races come to europe at least; Briatore has clearly mentioned that Renault is going to defend for first three races

Man I wish Michael Schumacher was still racing. He still whups the pants of all the boys when he goes testing to kill time.

Anybody heard about the new safety car AMG has prepared for F1 2008 season?
It's based on the CL63 and develops a whopping 525 BHP. Acceleration time from 0-100 is claimed to be 4 seconds or less!