Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2005, 14:26   #166
Senior - BHPian

I think Ralf and Toyota wasted a very good oppertunity in their home GP, they had a very good car but got their strategy completely wrong and dropping from 1st to 8th place was too bad. And yet again what was Sato doing in his home race.
Old 9th October 2005, 15:06   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
I think if Alonso had no problems with the gear selecton he could have been even closer to kimi.
Alonso dint have any problems with the gear selector, he was asked to slow down by FIA officials and let Klien pass him because he overtook him straightlining a chicane.
Old 9th October 2005, 15:13   #168
BHPian

Oh MAN! What a stonker of a race....The BEST of this season. Never in my wildest dreams did I think Kimi would win the race. Thought at best he would have a podium finish. Very very unfortunate for Juan, if he would have kept going, things would have been different. Jacques is always in the middle of some contorversy or the other! Good drive by Alonso but not good enough. Finally, Alonso raced like a racer without any inhibitions because he is already World champion and could take risks.

But boy oh boy, KIMI drove like he was possessed! Claiming more wins this season than Alonso!!
Old 9th October 2005, 19:06   #169
Senior - BHPian

Yeah didn't expect to see Kimi on the podium, and only if this could hv happened last race....
This race was really nice with all the highspeed accidents, and the way Michael held of Alonso and Kimi for quiet sometime, with a relatively very slow car.
Old 9th October 2005, 20:15   #170
Senior - BHPian

Man, i woke up at 7 on a sunday to watch the race and not once did i evenblink an eye. who says F1 needs more overtaking? It wa great watching Schumacher vs Alonso vs Kimi. And Alonso's move on MS at the 130 R was amazing. But without a shadow of a doubt the man of the race was KR. Like Norbert Haug said, that was the best overtaking move after Hakkinen's Spa 2000 move. Damn, bad luck for Montoya again. But **** happens. From his crash, onwards i was just calculating the WCC points. Man, China is going to be a breathtaker with the WCC hanging on such a fine balance. I really wish mclaren win it 'cos i won't be able to stand the prick Briatore celebrating another title.
Old 9th October 2005, 20:30   #171
BHPian

Well done Kimi. he proved a point and more. If only mclaren were more reliable kimi would be the champion far ahead. alas...!
That guy is spitting fire. hope he has good luck next year.
Old 9th October 2005, 20:47   #172
Team-BHP Support

Astonishing run from Kimi! I would bet on a Fisichella victory till the time Kimi blasted past. Great strategy by McLaren too.
I also like the aggression showed by Alonso while overtaking MS and Webber. It's great to see such hardcore overtaking.
Now, I just hope both McLarens do well in China. I surely want that Constructors' Championship to got to them.
Old 9th October 2005, 21:58   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5u3zEr0
Good drive by Alonso but not good enough. Finally, Alonso raced like a racer without any inhibitions because he is already World champion and could take risks.

But boy oh boy, KIMI drove like he was possessed! Claiming more wins this season than Alonso!!
Alonso was just too good today and what more can you expect from him when he doesn't have a car which is as fast as the Mclaren even then he stormed from 16th place to finish on the podium. If you compare his pace to that of Fisi's in the same car it was too good. Alonso's fastest lap was clearly 1 sec quicker than Fisi's and also just .059 sec slower than Kimi's.
Old 10th October 2005, 16:08   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
Alonso was just too good today and what more can you expect from him when he doesn't have a car which is as fast as the Mclaren even then he stormed from 16th place to finish on the podium. If you compare his pace to that of Fisi's in the same car it was too good. Alonso's fastest lap was clearly 1 sec quicker than Fisi's and also just .059 sec slower than Kimi's.
Alonso could well have finished ahead of Kimi but his strategy screwed him where as the Mclaren strategists did an amazing job.
Old 6th March 2006, 22:03   #175
Senior - BHPian

Race Prediction - Bahrain

With just 5 days to go for the 1st GP of the year, what are everyone expecting?? Ferrari, McLaren, Renault and Honda look very stong and there is sure gonna be a hell lot more competiton than before. Can't wait to hear the shrilling harmony of the F1 cars again...

Last edited by karthik247 : 6th March 2006 at 22:06.
Old 6th March 2006, 23:06   #176
BHPian

I thought they start at Australia each year. Any idea why bahrain this time?
Old 6th March 2006, 23:24   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude
I thought they start at Australia each year. Any idea why bahrain this time?
Because of the Commonwealth games which are to be held in Melbourne.

As for the predictions, renault and Honda have looked the best in winter testing season. Followed by Ferrari and Mclaren. They have both had reliability gremlins. But the last two weeks of testing for Mclaren have turned out to be good in terms of pace and reliability. Then it'll be the Williams whose cosworth power has surprised me to be honest. Then it should be toyota and BMW who have been keeping a low profile in the testing sessions. And then the usual RB/RB2/MF1. One thing to note is that Honda and ferrari would have benefitted from testing at Bahrain recently..........even though the advantage may only last for the Bahrain GP.

As for race victory, my heart says it'll be a Mclaren. But my head says it'll be Renault. But as long as its not a ferarri i'll be happy.

Here are the top three race positions:
Alonso
Raikkonen/Montoya
Button
Old 6th March 2006, 23:49   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As for race victory, my heart says it'll be a Mclaren. But my head says it'll be Renault. But as long as its not a ferarri i'll be happy.

Here are the top three race positions:
Alonso
Raikkonen/Montoya
Button
Bingo as long as ferrari doesnot win i am happy i am anti-tifosi..

I think ts going to be the Honda which is going to show true colour with both bari and button very competitive and a damn reliable Vtec mill in the BAR
Old 7th March 2006, 00:30   #179
BHPian

I hope I finally see a McLaren 1-2, waited for it the whole of last year...

Cheers!!!
Old 7th March 2006, 00:32   #180
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari should be doin pretty well hopefully with all they testing that they have done..And if it isn't the Ferrari on the podium i'd rather like to see a McLaren..Renault should be outta the equation completely
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks