Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2008, 12:24   #2416
Senior - BHPian

If anything, the ban on electronic aids has made F1 more interesting! Off track excursions are expected in the first few races, but I shall take that any day. There is nothing more monotonous than a predictable finish, where you know the top 4/best of the rest will interchange places race after race.

Flawless from Hamilton. Great start. Lets not forget Heidfeld and Rosberg, solid racing from them two. Ferrari has a few reliability issues to sort out, hopefully very soon. Driver of the day has to be Alonso. The way he was pushing, one would have thought a) he is going to grain his tyres b) he is going to take himself out. Controlled aggression in the same car that Piquet managed to qualify second from last..Stupendous!
Old 16th March 2008, 12:41   #2417
Senior - BHPian

Oh wow, i knew the drivers would have it a bit diff this season but never expected something like this. Just goes to show how easy the drivers have had it with TSC n all in the past.

It's gonna be a hell of a season!!! How i wish Schumi hadn't retired.

Shan2nu
Old 16th March 2008, 12:53   #2418
Senior - BHPian

That was a cracker of a race to start the season! Looks like this season is going to be very, very different from others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Looks like without TC F1 is going to be boring with too many retirements! Yawn!
On the contrary, I think that has made the race more interesting. We see people making errors. Drivers having to use their skill where electronics used to bail them out earlier. Kimi made two mistakes, and paid for it - though the engine failure in the end isnt his fault.

Alonso - now THAT was some driving. Making an ordinary car look competitive is a special skill. If ONLY he would talk less - he would've been a great champion.
Old 16th March 2008, 13:34   #2419
Senior - BHPian

Good race. Beginning with a win of my favourite team and driver.
Old 16th March 2008, 13:49   #2420
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant race !! 2008 F1 season looks very promising!
Old 16th March 2008, 13:57   #2421
Senior - BHPian

Whats with Kimi & Massa?

Brilliant driving from Hamilton tho can't stand him. Alonso demonstrated his excellent driving skills tho can't stand him either.

What's with Kimi & Massa for chrissakes? Looks like Kimi is the biggest loser from the Traction Control point of view, LOL!

Anyway, I'm devastated with the Ferrari failures so I'm off to drown my sorrows so to speak.

I hope this is not an ominous indication of the way the season will end - last year Kimi won this one & the championship, its Hamilton this year; I hope it doesn't mean what I hope it doesn't mean.
Old 16th March 2008, 14:16   #2422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Brilliant driving from Hamilton tho can't stand him. Alonso demonstrated his excellent driving skills tho can't stand him either.

What's with Kimi & Massa for chrissakes? Looks like Kimi is the biggest loser from the Traction Control point of view, LOL!

Anyway, I'm devastated with the Ferrari failures so I'm off to drown my sorrows so to speak.

I hope this is not an ominous indication of the way the season will end - last year Kimi won this one & the championship, its Hamilton this year; I hope it doesn't mean what I hope it doesn't mean.
You can't judge things looking at one race.
Kimi had a great start and was driving really well till the second safety car. I don't think he has any issues with loss of TC control, IMO he is one of the drivers who will gain because of this with his amazing car control. He had two off track incidents but then he had to fight his way through the field so he had to take some risks, but his move on Heikki was unnecessary. If he had started at the front, he would have had an easier race.
But the worrying issue is the reliailty of Ferrari. Its not a good sign and they have to sort out theses quickly
Old 16th March 2008, 14:35   #2423
Senior - BHPian

Ok,two more news coming out of Melbourne...

1) Heki did press the speed limiter on the start straight which allowed to Alonso to retake the position.
autosport.com - F1 News: Cockpit error costs Kovalainen fourth

2) Rubens has been disqualified and hence the undeserving Kimi gets 1 point.
autosport.com - F1 News: Barrichello disqualified from Australian GP

Last edited by merve_extreme : 16th March 2008 at 14:37.
Old 16th March 2008, 14:39   #2424
Senior - BHPian

Lovely start by Lewis. Wrap it up quickly this year, boy !
It was nice to see Lewis and Nico enjoy each others' success.
And Suman. Kimi just had one of those days. He'll be back - cool and calculating.
Old 16th March 2008, 16:53   #2425
F50
Senior - BHPian

We all know one point is very important.
Old 16th March 2008, 18:02   #2426
Senior - BHPian

Yeah we sure know.....
Old 16th March 2008, 18:48   #2427
BHPian

Cheers....cheers:...

Bad luck for Heikki though...Would have been great if it was a McLaren 1-2. It's all Massa's fault....LoL....
Old 16th March 2008, 18:52   #2428
Senior - BHPian

Bring back the daddy of them all. Bring back Michael Schumacher
Old 16th March 2008, 19:07   #2429
Senior - BHPian

Not a chance that we'll get him back,though i too wish that he returns for one last time.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 16th March 2008 at 19:08.
Old 16th March 2008, 21:10   #2430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
Well can I ask what makes you state that ?

We have two new teams on the podium, both of which have been working hard. Kimi and Ferrari will be even more determined now, Alonso drove well and even if not a podium, it will be almost like a win for the team. I really feel its a bit too harsh to state that its depressing. Its MotorSPORTS after all, even if our favourite team or driver didnt win, the matter of fact that two new teams achieved their goals, is something we must stand and appreciate. In fact this makes the season even more interesting I feel. And thanks for the info merve_extreme, wasn't aware of it. Cheers dude!
i agree that it was a good show for bmw and williams and the exit of driver aids makes it more dependent on driver skill but i don't think seeing only a handful of cars complete each race is fun to watch(ya its fun to watch the spectacular accidents without the driver aids) but if the pace car had not been called out 2 or 3 times hamilton would have won with maybe a 40 second lead over second place hes good and hes got the best car out there so i think for the rest of the season its going to be hamilton wins,wins wins again and again
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks