Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2008, 00:26   #3016
Senior - BHPian

Aree baba where is toyota and where is Mclaren...??? Vast difference.Although Toyota has made a improvement in recent races and are contending for is it 4th or 5th in the constructors they still are a giant leap BEHIND Mclaren.

Timo Glock cant possibly do anything to hamper Hamilton on track i am sure of that. Now that would be called Unsporting. He aint S****( not an abusive word) to stop a qualifying GP(monaco) . OR put him into the wall or ram him from behind like i think was it coulthard who did that to schumi in the wet a few years ago.

"If one is a real race car driver, he can easily show this accident as a genuine car failure"

It is difficult to do that with a watchfull eye from the stewards.

Any news on the Jerez testing that was suppposed to commence this week..??? Hear ferrari are doing testing on their home track but the others were going to jerez but its not yet official if they can test there as the track was just redone.
Old 16th September 2008, 00:28   #3017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Its perfect sense. Why create a problem for yourself when you know theres a faster car coming up behind you. Yes it is motor racing and they were racing down that order but then when you know hes passed you just back off. Dont make things difficult for your ownself.

He kept a Ferrari more in his mirrors than he did to a Mclaren!!!
Your logic is seriously flawed. when he is racing for position, and he is ahead of he has every right to defend his position. No 'real' racer would do what you are suggesting, as long as there is enough room for both cars.
Old 16th September 2008, 00:28   #3018
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
While lapping or something rear end Hamilton, PURPOSELY, like the way Ham-burger did to Kimi in Canada. And then say "Oopsie, on-track events do occur." Rear end him under late braking. Then Glock will be more than happy to say "I had something to brake much late than the one who had something to brake late"

If one is a real race car driver, he can easily show this accident as a genuine car failure.
Strong word that and I don't agree at all. Hamilton would not want to ruin his own race for any Raikko-Robot.

Quote:
Im waiting for Glock to do this. Dont force him on to the grass but put him in the concrete wall!!
Glock will possibly end up banging his own car or possibly something red. Suddenly, he'll become a villian.

Quote:
I sincerely hope that Massa wins this year. And next year Heiki should be in a good position to challenge Ham-burger for No.1 Driver in Mclaren. Someone need to shut up this chimp oops wanna be champ.
Filipe Massa winning the WDC will be good for him. But, it all depends on how the Robot behaves. Right now it seems like it's programmed to either try to win or self destruct. It doesn't seem to understand the term "Team work".
Old 16th September 2008, 00:36   #3019
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Glock forced himself onto the grass. He knows a better car is in his mirrors why try and cause yourself difficulties. Just let the man pass. But no Glock had to try and hold him up and then blame hamilton.
That is by far the most ridiculous logic i have come across till date, and that coming from an autombile & racing enthusiast surprises me even further.

If racing was just about machinery, you would not have seen a certain Vettel win the race.
Infact to give you an apt example, if you did follow F1 not so back in the day, do you recall a certain Enrique Bernoldi who raced at the Orange Arrows team? He held back Barrichelo for a good last part of the i think 2004 Monaco GP, and raced him till the finsih line for the last point for the 8th place.

manson.
Old 16th September 2008, 00:39   #3020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Filipe Massa winning the WDC will be good for him. But, it all depends on how the Robot behaves. Right now it seems like it's programmed to either try to win or self destruct. It doesn't seem to understand the term "Team work".
Why should Massa winning depend on what Raikkonen does? Is Ferrari that bad (in terms of performance) that you suddenly need to play No.2 tactics?
Old 16th September 2008, 00:43   #3021
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Timo Glock cant possibly do anything to hamper Hamilton on track i am sure of that. Now that would be called Unsporting. He aint S****( not an abusive word) to stop a qualifying GP(monaco) . OR put him into the wall or ram him from behind like i think was it coulthard who did that to schumi in the wet a few years ago.

"If one is a real race car driver, he can easily show this accident as a genuine car failure"
I know Schumacher was a real racer! lol
After all he was F1 Driver. He had the hunger for wins and would do anything to win.

Quote:
Strong word that and I don't agree at all. Hamilton would not want to ruin his own race for any Raikko-Robot.

Glock will possibly end up banging his own car or possibly something red. Suddenly, he'll become a villian.

Mclaren also sports red color these days, Addy. So possibility of something red is Mclaren. loll
And dont worry about Raiko the Robot, its taken care off.
Old 16th September 2008, 00:45   #3022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
That is by far the most ridiculous logic i have come across till date, and that coming from an autombile & racing enthusiast surprises me even further.

If racing was just about machinery, you would not have seen a certain Vettel win the race.
Infact to give you an apt example, if you did follow F1 not so back in the day, do you recall a certain Enrique Bernoldi who raced at the Orange Arrows team? He held back Barrichelo for a good last part of the i think 2004 Monaco GP, and raced him till the finsih line for the last point for the 8th place.

manson.
Its not. Iam not saying dont put up a fight. Do it but then when you know its not being safe for you and your car and you know you've got a superior car behid then BACK OFF instead of making a lawn mower.

Yea iam familiar with the Arrows team. They came into the picture in 97 or 98 with Yamaha.
Monaco is a different ball game. What are you comparing..??? Monaco is WHERE ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE to overtake. Thats not even a proper example. And he upheld David coulthard for 35 laps.FYI Arrows team stopped their F1 challenge in 2002. Only lent their chassis to the then Minardi team. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!!!

Last edited by danlalan : 16th September 2008 at 00:58.
Old 16th September 2008, 00:57   #3023
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

manson.
Manson, nice example but the numbers differ a bit.
It was 2002 Monaco GP and it was H.H.Frentzen who kept Barrichello at bay. Full marks for Arrows! And it was for 6th position. Points didnt run till the 8th place then.
In 2004 Monaco GP, Barichello was 3rd.
Old 16th September 2008, 01:02   #3024
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Why should Massa winning depend on what Raikkonen does? Is Ferrari that bad (in terms of performance) that you suddenly need to play No.2 tactics?
Ofcourse not. The Ferrari is a great car and easily capable of winning the championship. But, go back to last year when Alonso and Hamilton, both McLaren and almost equal on points, were fighting it out. Everyone on the forum was shouting out that there should be a No. 1 and No. 2 driver near the end of the season to ensure a victory - a point proved in the last GP of the season. I'm only repeating the same. Now, Kimi is 20 points behind Massa and that's a big margin. Going by that theory, shouldn't Raikkonen be helping Massa by holding up Hamilton? Instead, he's still saying he's not gonna do it.
I like Massa and I also like Kimi. The way Kimi drove the last race of 2007 was exemplary. This year however, Kimi is just not good enough.
Old 16th September 2008, 01:04   #3025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Manson, nice example but the numbers differ a bit.
It was 2002 Monaco GP and it was H.H.Frentzen who kept Barrichello at bay. Full marks for Arrows! And it was for 6th position. Points didnt run till the 8th place then.
In 2004 Monaco GP, Barichello was 3rd.
H.H Frentzen got that solitary point for the then ARROWS COSWORTH!!
Old 16th September 2008, 01:07   #3026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Going by that theory, shouldn't Raikkonen be helping Massa by holding up Hamilton? Instead, he's still saying he's not gonna do it.
I
Its noted that ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali has hinted that raikko should now help Massa. And iam sure he will have to do what the boss says.
Old 16th September 2008, 01:08   #3027
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm only repeating the same. Now, Kimi is 20 points behind Massa and that's a big margin. Going by that theory, shouldn't Raikkonen be helping Massa by holding up Hamilton? Instead, he's still saying he's not gonna do it.
Adrian Sutil , what he means is "I will win rest of the races(hopefully)" so he is holding Hamilton from any further victories and scoring maximum. Now its upto Massa to come 2nd or 3rd and fight with Ham-Burger to win the championship.

Got it?
Old 16th September 2008, 01:09   #3028
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I know Schumacher .....
After all he was F1 Driver. He had the hunger for wins and would do anything to win.
I think I said something similar about Lewis some posts ago and was attacked for it. Interesting.
Old 16th September 2008, 01:19   #3029
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Adrian Sutil , what he means is "I will win rest of the races(hopefully)" so he is holding Hamilton from any further victories and scoring maximum. Now its upto Massa to come 2nd or 3rd and fight with Ham-Burger to win the championship.

Got it?
This only means that since he has a mathematical chance, he still aims at winning it. 4 races to go, if Kimi wins all, he's on 97. Lewis 2nd in all, he's on 114 - World Champion.
Old 16th September 2008, 01:35   #3030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ofcourse not. The Ferrari is a great car and easily capable of winning the championship. But, go back to last year when Alonso and Hamilton, both McLaren and almost equal on points, were fighting it out. Everyone on the forum was shouting out that there should be a No. 1 and No. 2 driver near the end of the season to ensure a victory - a point proved in the last GP of the season. I'm only repeating the same. Now, Kimi is 20 points behind Massa and that's a big margin. Going by that theory, shouldn't Raikkonen be helping Massa by holding up Hamilton? Instead, he's still saying he's not gonna do it.
I like Massa and I also like Kimi. The way Kimi drove the last race of 2007 was exemplary. This year however, Kimi is just not good enough.
To make my point clear, I am not a fan of having No.1 and No.2 drivers unless we are talking of exceptional cases like the last race of 2007. Both drivers should be given equal chance till the point where one driver is completely out of contention. I don't think we have reached that point yet.

About last year's Mclaren, they lost because of their drivers mistakes. Forget helping each other, they were more interested in beating each other. Alonso and Hamilton had great chance to win. If not for the drama in Hungary, Alonso would have won. If not for the "We were racing Fernando" brain fade in China, Hamilton would have won. They would have won easily even without of having No 1 and No 2 drivers.
This year is a completely different story. All the top 3 drivers have made numerous mistakes. Each of them had a chance to walk away with it. But look were we are now. Even Kubica has an outside chance. So it doesn't make sense to rule out Kimi at this point. He himself knows that if things don't go his way in next couple of races, he will have to play supporting role to Massa, and I am sure he going to support Massa if the need arises.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks