Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2008, 23:24   #3136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
I am sure theres no podium for kimi. It will be the usual Wall or a blown engine for kimi.
Looks like Massa might just take this one with Hamilton 2nd and Kubica 3rd.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! CAN A PREDICTION BE ANY BETTER THAN THAT!!! I cant stop smiling and laughing.

Simply Awesome drive by Alonso. Simply awesome. Hamilton also did a great job.

Ohh kimi thanks for making my prediction right. Hope you Blow up your engine next cause thats my next prediction.

Ferrari Signs Kimi till 2010. Hmmmm. Imagine how many BLOWN UP/ WRECKED ferrari's those would be. You do the math's or leave it to kimi.

LoL X 200

Last edited by danlalan : 28th September 2008 at 23:27.
Old 28th September 2008, 23:36   #3137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Even other drivers should have taken advantage of safety car deployment!
Give the credit where it is due, Alonso has won championship in the past, so it means he is one of the Best drivers around, only if the Car is reliable, he can win races!
To take advantage, you need to be in the right place at right time. Alonso was the only driver who had his first pit stop done when the SC came out. So he was the only one who could benefit.
I never challenged his credibility, but today's win is nothing special. I have seen much better races from Alonso.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
If you observed Kimi's last 3 races, I doubt Ferrari or any F1 team will sign him up now!
You seem to be contradicting yourself here. They announced extension just before Monza, so it is just two races since then.
Old 29th September 2008, 00:38   #3138
Senior - BHPian

To all those criticising technology for Massa's pitstop blunder, how many noticed the mistake on Coulthard's pitstop by the Lollipop man?? He could have been in similar trouble if it was not for his quick reaction. I think these things happen in pressure situations.

And Dingle boy, tere mooh me kide padein! I hope McLaren crash out of all the remaining races!
Old 29th September 2008, 00:43   #3139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
To all those criticising technology for Massa's pitstop blunder, how many noticed the mistake on Coulthard's pitstop by the Lollipop man?? He could have been in similar trouble if it was not for his quick reaction. I think these things happen in pressure situations.

And Dingle boy, tere mooh me kide padein! I hope McLaren crash out of all the remaining races!
Seconded, i thought that was impressive on coulthard's part.
Why are people criticising? Isn't this all part of the game?
Old 29th September 2008, 01:14   #3140
BHPian

McLaren are finally leading both the Constructor's and Driver's Championship. Hope they can keep it that way for the rest of the season.

While the way Alonso drove was commendable, I was really impressed by Rosberg, especially the way he pulled off that huge gap just before he went in for the penalty, and hence was guaranteed a podium finish.

Also Hamilton appeared a lot sedate in this race, especially in the last stage where instead of trying to pass Rosberg, he actually concentrated on preserving the car and bringing it home, since the brakes were overheating on pretty much every car out there.

And some good points for Vettel too, after a solid 5th place finish.

And I have no words for both Massa and Kimi. Tough luck guys. But then again, fortune favours the brave.

Last edited by sujaylahiri : 29th September 2008 at 01:15.
Old 29th September 2008, 02:19   #3141
BANNED

Alonso and Renault has won the first ever night race in F1 history. That is something which will go into our memories for long. Keep it up!

Bad luck and errors strike Ferrari again. Now, they have to concentrate more before they loose the constructors' championship.

Good to see Hamilton leading the pack comfortably. Way to go boy! Just grab it!

Oye Tirewalle!
Dingalingaling is an Alonso fan. Don't curse Mclarens for that.
Old 29th September 2008, 02:34   #3142
BHPian

Ferrari nothing else comes to my mind ,I think Kimi needs to go and take a nap for that matter he was doing it I think so.
Old 29th September 2008, 02:37   #3143
BHPian

^ He was tearing it up for a short while on the track. He's still as good as ever, i think he's having some other issues....
Old 29th September 2008, 05:35   #3144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amien View Post
^ i think he's having some other issues....
Like not being fast and reliable enough.

I'm sorry but he hasn't delivered in quite a few races this season. I remember the McLaren days when it was always the car's fault, but in a Ferrari when your teammate is ripping through the opposition, it shows zero commitment on his part.
Old 29th September 2008, 06:04   #3145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amien View Post
^ He was tearing it up for a short while on the track. He's still as good as ever, i think he's having some other issues....

OK. Being a Kimi fan, it pains me to say this, but Ferrari should not have signed Kimi till 2010. By his own admission earlier in this season, Kimi wanted to exit the F1 circus and the media spotlight. Looks like he is consciously or subconsciously trying to saboutage his chances of winning a championship in the hope of avoiding the spotlight. Something Freuidian about the whole thing

How else do you explain how he comes alive during the final 10 laps almost every race this season?
How else do you explain the fastest laps in 9 of the races this season?
How else do you explain his lack of aggression? When he does get aggressive, he screwsup like a rookie.

When he drove for McLaren, he used to drive the wheels off those cars. He always attacked. He never let up. He was awesome to watch in the rain. He was the Iceman!

I want the old Kimi back! I want to Iceman back!!

Or, he could get the h*ll out of F1 and let someone else who really wants to race a Ferrari a chance.
Old 29th September 2008, 09:35   #3146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Oye Tirewalle!
Dingalingaling is an Alonso fan. Don't curse Mclarens for that.
Alonso fan also. Apart from being a Mclaren fan too.

And whats with Ferraris and Force India F1's. First Monaco now Singapore.

@zensible

He used to blow up engines and go into walls at Mclaren also. The best part is when he has to comment on something he'll say it in one breath and nobody will understand what he said. Not even him.
Old 29th September 2008, 10:41   #3147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Exciting race. But i can imagine what would be going through Massa . Feel lil sad for him. But yeah Ishaan s right i think initially we thought it was Massa s mistake. Though it was the signalling problem. And yeah i expected a more exciting Hamilton vs Alonso. Anyways awesome driving by Alonso!!
Yup saw that later on. wasnt Massa's mistake. feel really sad for him. hope atleast now ferrai will stop making silly mistakes.
Old 29th September 2008, 10:55   #3148
Senior - BHPian

Well what a boring race with so many turns in it. Great to see alonso take the podium and was fun to watch the expression on hamiltons face. Looked as though he didnt get any points. HAHA.
Massa screwed up big time and i really wanted him to get penalised bad. First was pulling the fuel line with him and if you observe closely he had a close shave with another car which was just about to pass him. So much for the saying haste makes waste!!
I was hoping fisi gets the first set of points but that didnt happen!
Old 29th September 2008, 11:18   #3149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
He used to blow up engines and go into walls at Mclaren also. The best part is when he has to comment on something he'll say it in one breath and nobody will understand what he said. Not even him.
He lost the titles simply because of the doomed Mclaren in 2003 and 2005. Its not just Kimi's car which blows up eventually. If you want to quote that its the driver who blows up the engines then you need more grip on the technical aspect of F1 on the whole!

Probably, you can take a look at the results archive on the F1 website to take a look at the kind of wierd failures that happened in the Mclaren during those years. Kimi being named a Car Breaker is a Media BS!

Kimi is uniquely talented driver who came into F1 with very little KMs under his belt for the F1 Driver License and he did earn all this through merit with very little backing both political and financial!

He is suffering form which is clear and obvious things which happens in any sport.

Offtopic: Funny thing is that, we used to call the Mclaren as "Fireworks on Track" during those seasons
Old 29th September 2008, 11:34   #3150
Senior - BHPian

Y'day's race was simly superb. Looks like Ferrari's Kimi will be bllwing his engines off during the next races as well. Good for McLaren at last they are on top of both the constructors and individual driver's. They should maintain this and teach couple of some lessons to Ferrari and the fedration as a whole.

Hope just he podium finishes for McLaren and Hami would ensure that they will be through with both the championships this season provided Ferrari does not play any games.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks