Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2008, 14:20   #3286
BHPian

Once again fortune favored Alonso - the first corner fracas, the reborn Renault R28, & Alonso's awesome pace ensured a well-deserved victory, for both him & Renault.

I think the drive through penalty was unwarranted, it wasn't as if Lewis did it on purpose - it was just a racing "incident".

It's nice to see Kimi finish in the points once again

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
... it was funny when LH desparately unlapped himself in the last lap.
Yes, what was that all about ? He just came off looking immature...
Old 12th October 2008, 15:10   #3287
BHPian

somebody tell mr lewis hamilton that there is a very fine line between sheer brilliance and stupid aggression. Well the first corner incident, if all the other drivers would not have taken evasive action at least 5 to 6 cars would have been out and that to why because mr. hamilton thinks he can drive like this forever take the world championship. God bless him and save others from his so called aggressive style of racing. and the icicng on cake he has the adaucity and ego to overtake alonso just before the finish line to be on the same lap. he sure does have a very inflated ego and i do not think that people with inflated egos make good champions. all the best mr.hamilton for like last year you do not throw away the championship in the last two races.
Old 12th October 2008, 15:43   #3288
BHPian

Another surprising news people. Massa gets another point as Bourdais is handed over a 25 second penalty for his incident with Massa. As a result, Bourdais goes from 6th to 10th while Massa goes from 8th to 7th. So, Massa is now only 5 points adrift of LH.

Read it here.

The Official Formula 1 Website

Last edited by akrish01 : 12th October 2008 at 15:45. Reason: added more info instead of starting a new post
Old 12th October 2008, 15:45   #3289
Senior - BHPian

Is this a 'watch out for Renault next season' teaser? Go Alonso, Go! This guy used to make Minardis seem fast!
Old 12th October 2008, 18:34   #3290
Senior - BHPian

An incident packed race right from the word go. The first corner mess was really silly by Hamilton. Had he just kept his nerve he would have caught up with Kimi anyways. His move could have put out quite a few cars including the Ferraris and his own team mate as well. About Massa's overtaking move on Hamilton, I guess its just that Massa gave Hammly a taste of his own medicine. Singapore was lucky for Alonso but here he was completely in control of the race. Great drive by him to win. Good 2nd by Robert and finally a podium for Kimi though the title is gone for him. Exciting times coming up in the last 2 races. Ferrari back to leading the contructor's championship.

Over to Shanghai.
Old 12th October 2008, 19:22   #3291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
An incident packed race right from the word go. The first corner mess was really silly by Hamilton. Had he just kept his nerve he would have caught up with Kimi anyways. His move could have put out quite a few cars including the Ferraris and his own team mate as well. About Massa's overtaking move on Hamilton, I guess its just that Massa gave Hammly a taste of his own medicine.

Over to Shanghai.
Hammie had vowed earlier that no one will over take him in the first corner in future just few races back! And tit for tat from Massa to hamilton for silverstone! In silverstone Massa had a miserable time and Lewis added insult to injury by aggressively overtaking him. Hammie could have just waited a bit and tried to make a move on Raikkonen later. Even worst case he could have kept his 2nd position till the end!
Old 12th October 2008, 20:15   #3292
Team-BHP Support

Massa just has to be a bit careful here. I like hard racing, so, I actually enjoyed his move on Hamilton. I thought both would come out clean after some wheel banging, but, it didn't really work. Again he was lucky to sustain no damage in his shunt with Bourdais. With just 2 races to go, one or two points a race won't help his cause much even if Hamilton does not finish. At this rate Kubica will be champion.
Old 12th October 2008, 20:26   #3293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
At this rate Kubica will be champion.
And looks at the past two races. It is very very possible. Cant wait for China.
Old 12th October 2008, 20:26   #3294
Senior - BHPian

I dont think LH has realised he's no longer racing go karts. Hahah

***, was that first corner all about? Just imagine if he were to crash into KR, letting Masa win the race!!! His lead would have gone drown the drain.

While these guys are great to watch when they're on an empty track by themselves, they dont seem to have what it takes to be a champion.

Can't wait to see what Alonso does next year. He's shown by far the most maturity this season. Hope Renault can give him the car he deserves.

Shan2nu
Old 12th October 2008, 20:27   #3295
BHPian

Woo Hoo, the Spanish Donkey has made a come back. Sooo happy. Well Renault has put in immense Chassis development in the R28. Good finish for both Alonso and Piquet. Kubi did a brilliant job.

Quote:
@Dan: All is not lost. Massa only managed to take one point out of it. Which iam sure Lewis wouldnt mind ????
Well the game is on buddy! Last year Hamilton went 17 points clear of Kimi into the last two grand prix and well we all know who landed up where. So now with Massa getting a point more, the lead is down to 5. Personally, I feel Massa deserves it. So go Massa!!!
Old 12th October 2008, 21:00   #3296
BHPian

News just in is that Toro Rosso’s Sebastien Bourdais has had 25 seconds added to his Japanese Grand Prix race time as penalty for making contact with Ferrari’s Felipe Massa. The stewards’ decision drops Bourdais from sixth to 10th in the results and elevates Massa to seventh.

Which means Massa gets 2 vital points and the Lewis still leads the championship by 5 points.
Old 12th October 2008, 21:48   #3297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Is this a 'watch out for Renault next season' teaser? Go Alonso, Go! This guy used to make Minardis seem fast!
Been watching Alonso this season. To get championship points when your car is approx 10BHP short in power from the competition is an indication of his ability as a driver.

Hammy should be moved to a lesser team next year and get some humbling experience.
Old 12th October 2008, 22:18   #3298
Senior - BHPian

Will be awesome fun next year, with Ferrari, McLaren, BMW and Renault all fighting for the first few spots.

Good race, but the overzealous stewards keep spoiling results even after the race is finished. If Massa can keep his nerve at China and get closer to Hamilton, the championship should be his for the taking at Brazil. But you never know with these guys. Thinking about Schumacher's dominance, that guy used to make one mistake per season. These kids make atleast a couple every race. If Schumacher were to be driving today, who knows what would've happened to everyone else.
Old 13th October 2008, 00:18   #3299
BHPian

I really missed the GP today had some work, I am very happy for Alonso and Renault.
Old 13th October 2008, 00:32   #3300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post

Well the game is on buddy! Last year Hamilton went 17 points clear of Kimi into the last two grand prix and well we all know who landed up where. So now with Massa getting a point more, the lead is down to 5. Personally, I feel Massa deserves it. So go Massa!!!
Hey SID, Great to see you here. So our Battle continues here eh...! Wish i could use the AN-eater thingy here but rules are rules.

MAssa deserves it..??? Now thats something new. LOL.

Read my signature bro.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks