Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2008, 14:59   #3316
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
I think the drive through penalty was unwarranted, it wasn't as if Lewis did it on purpose - it was just a racing "incident".
Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
I think Bourdais' 25 second penalty after the race was totally unfair, since he was doing what any other driver fighting for position would have done; stay on the inside line.
I'll go a step further. According to me, ALL THREE penalties were totally unjustified. On the one hand, the FIA wants more racing & overtaking. On the other, they are the first to whip out penalties on incidents caused by aggressive racing. You can't drive exactly like a Granny in a race car @ 300 kph. In wheel to wheel racing. Hamilton's move was extremely stupid, yes, but it was plain & simple racing. Ditto for when Massa ticked the rear of the Mclaren. You could see that he lost the Ferrari's rear, and was only trying to defend his position. If the race stewards thought the same 10 years back, Michael Schumacher would have had more penalties than pitstops in his career!

If anyone ought to be penalised, it is Massa (and that's not because I don't like him). His move on Webber saw him cutting ACROSS the pitlane exit at full throttle. God forbid, if there was a Force India () or similar exiting from a last minute splash & dash. It would have made for the worst crash in F1 history. Massa was literally all over the exit road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
To get championship points when your car is approx 10BHP short in power from the competition is an indication of his ability as a driver.
More than power, I'd say that aerodynamics / balance is where the Renault loses out most.

Last edited by GTO : 13th October 2008 at 15:02.
Old 13th October 2008, 15:13   #3317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If anyone ought to be penalised, it is Massa (and that's not because I don't like him). His move on Webber saw him cutting ACROSS the pitlane exit at full throttle. God forbid, if there was a Force India () or similar exiting from a last minute splash & dash. It would have made for the worst crash in F1 history. Massa was literally all over the exit road.
Exactly my thought when i was seeing this overtaking move. I was like, where is massa headed, is really going to do it, or just cut across and overtake from the other side. And just then he did it. very very aggressive, and kinda stupid. But a brave move though.

I am sure he was desperate to get that 1 championship point. What else could fire up anyone to make a move like that?

Last edited by Aditya : 13th October 2008 at 21:14. Reason: Quote fixed
Old 13th October 2008, 15:29   #3318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
More than power, I'd say that aerodynamics / balance is where the Renault loses out most.
Renault has seen a lot of improvement on their aerodynamics this season. Its the Renault engine which is nowhere compared to the front runners.

The difference can be seen between the Red Bull teams which runs on the same design of Adrian Newey but a different engines from Renault and Ferrari. The STRs which runs on the Ferrari engine easily get into Q3 these days!
Old 13th October 2008, 17:04   #3319
Senior - BHPian

Braking from 300 to 100kph at C1 in just 80 metres. Imagine how much the front tyres are stressed.

A glimpse of Mark Webbers' tyres and I knew Massa would take him on the main straight.
Old 13th October 2008, 17:26   #3320
BHPian

Scenario 1 - 2007 WDC. Hamilton & Alonso are 1 & 2 in the WDC but would do anything to deny the other one the title. Kimi who's 3rd, benefits & becomes Champion.

Scenario 2 - 2008 WDC. Hamilton & Massa are 1 & 2 in the WDC but would do anything to spoil the other one's party. Could it Kubica's cup of joy this year?

I also hope Alonso & Renault carry their current run of good form (and luck) into the 2009 season. We can then expect a good 5 way fight between Hamilton, Massa, Kimi, Alonso & Kubica and also a 4 way fight for the Constructor's title. Looking forward to the 2009 season already

Last edited by akrish01 : 13th October 2008 at 17:31. Reason: Added more info instead of starting a new post
Old 13th October 2008, 17:41   #3321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
Looking forward to the 2009 season already
Me too, especially now that Kimi is out of the reckoning for the 2008 title
Old 13th October 2008, 17:52   #3322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Me too, especially now that Kimi is out of the reckoning for the 2008 title
It's not been Kimi's year at all and I too am very disappointed with his lack of form. If he had managed to finish 2nd at Japan, he would have still be in reckoning but as he himself put it "Lightning will not strike twice". I hope that after the break, we can see a recharged & fired up Kimi in 2009
Old 13th October 2008, 20:25   #3323
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the past two races it seems that under the immense pressure the top two are crumbling. The next gp is only going to be worse than this.

Alonso 3 in a row..???
Old 13th October 2008, 21:41   #3324
Team-BHP Support

As one report stated, it was a red mist race. Hami and Massa see each other and it becomes a sea of red mist.

Read this interview with Robert Kubica. sounds like a decent guy who values the team over himself
Old 14th October 2008, 01:22   #3325
F50
Senior - BHPian

Alonso is ready to support Massa over Hamilton. Which I feel is very much expected. He also said that he was really unhappy about both the Championship Contenders, Hamburger and Massa, 84 points in 16 races and still making too many mistakes. He said that he took only 9 races to make 84 points.

So? I never expected myself to say this but GO Alonso!! Take out Hamilton!!!

SO Dan who do you support? Alonso or Hamilton?

Btw, here is the link
Old 14th October 2008, 06:05   #3326
BANNED

Badboys!
Sweet revenge time for Alonso. Eh?

It seems like everybody in the world is just behind Hamilton.
Shut them all, Lewis!
Old 14th October 2008, 07:22   #3327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Shut them all, Lewis!
China - Pitlane Gravel trap - Lewis - Tyre Canvas - Ron *sigh*!

Will shut up everyone and make everyone break out laughing!
Old 14th October 2008, 07:29   #3328
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Alonso is ready to support Massa over Hamilton. Which I feel is very much expected. He also said that he was really unhappy about both the Championship Contenders, Hamburger and Massa, 84 points in 16 races and still making too many mistakes. He said that he took only 9 races to make 84 points.

So? I never expected myself to say this but GO Alonso!! Take out Hamilton!!!
Since when did you start liking Alonso? You sound more like someone who hates anybody who beats Ferrari than a Ferrari fan.

BTW, don't forget the comment you made about Glock and his wish to put Hamilton in the wall. Remember, what happened after that?

Last edited by Aditya : 14th October 2008 at 07:33.
Old 14th October 2008, 08:20   #3329
Senior - BHPian

If Massa keeps his cool in the next two races, he will easily win the 2008 WDC!

Go Massa Go!
Old 14th October 2008, 08:55   #3330
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Will shut up everyone and make everyone break out laughing!
Like how everybody laughed when Massa's engine went Kaaaphoot at the hungarian GP? :
Closed Thread

Most Viewed