Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2008, 09:18   #3331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hamilton's move was extremely stupid, yes, but it was plain & simple racing.
I thought it was just another example of megalomania - I wouldn't call it plain & simple racing under any circumstances. Kimi overtook him nice & cleanly & Hamilton saw RED. That's all it was. So he had to prove a point. At the cost of almost taking out five or six cars. Plain & simple suicidal I would say. I agree with Karun Chandok who mentioned that it was an egotistical move. And Hamilton did it again when Alonso lapped him.

Having said that, Massa's move on Webber was also a dangerous one - although Webber realized that he was coming through, there would have been hell to pay if someone was exiting the pit lane at that moment.

Last edited by suman : 14th October 2008 at 09:20.
Old 14th October 2008, 09:33   #3332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I thought it was just another example of megalomania - I wouldn't call it plain & simple racing under any circumstances. Kimi overtook him nice & cleanly & Hamilton saw RED. That's all it was. So he had to prove a point. At the cost of almost taking out five or six cars. Plain & simple suicidal I would say. I agree with Karun Chandok who mentioned that it was an egotistical move. And Hamilton did it again when Alonso lapped him.

Having said that, Massa's move on Webber was also a dangerous one - although Webber realized that he was coming through, there would have been hell to pay if someone was exiting the pit lane at that moment.
Spot on buddy. Kimi was off the blocks and Hamilton had a poor start. It clearly seemed a hurt ego and hence the manic manouvre on the first corner of the race taking out so many cars in the bargain.

Massa too at fault on his attack on Webber realising his tires were in terrible shape!
Old 14th October 2008, 09:41   #3333
Senior - BHPian

Alonso ready to help Massa for the championship? Looks like F1 is all about ego clashes now. I'm not very surprised considering Ferrari is where Alonso would like to go eventually. Seems to be Alonso's spite for Hamilton showing here. What is Alonso going to do? Crash his Renault into Hammys Mclaren? I hope nothing of that sort happens else if Massa wins the WDC after such an incident, it might always be said that Massa won because of such tactics. Massa should win this on his own and keep his nerve in the last two grands prix. The one who wins the battle of the nerves will eventually become champion. No room for mistakes now.
Old 14th October 2008, 09:46   #3334
BHPian

No room for mistakes now. Absolutely correct. Steve Slater during the Fuji race commentated that Sir Jackie Stewart once said, if one is looking to win the driver's championship he can afford to make say one mistake all through the year.

Massa has done many more than that. I for once think if he doesnt get to pole position in qualifying in the last two races his chances are all but over.
Old 14th October 2008, 09:48   #3335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Like how everybody laughed when Massa's engine went Kaaaphoot at the hungarian GP? :
Nop! Like how everyone was laughing when Ramilton spun in Japan!
Old 14th October 2008, 09:51   #3336
Team-BHP Support

OK ladies! Stop laughing.
Else, I'll have to get trigger happy like the FIA stewards.
Old 14th October 2008, 09:52   #3337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
OK ladies! Stop laughing.
Else, I'll have to get trigger happy like the FIA stewards.
Sorry mam! Wouldn't repeat this mistake again.
Old 14th October 2008, 10:00   #3338
BANNED

Few more days before the Chinese GP. I hope this don't become the decisive race of the season.
Last year's race was a disaster for Mclaren. It was a dream come true for Ferrari. Now fast forward to 2008, it's almost similar. If something happens in China and the championship chances are open to atleast 2 drivers in Brazil, wow!! This year will not be that easily forgotten from the minds of any good F1 fan.
Please! This time, FIA Stewards should understand what real racing is and they shouldn't just go trigger happy like how they did in Japan. Feel sorry for Bourdais again.

Together, let's all pray for a significant, mind blowing, amazing, action packed, safe and enjoyable chinese GP! What say guys?
Old 14th October 2008, 10:11   #3339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Please! This time, FIA Stewards should understand what real racing is and they shouldn't just go trigger happy like how they did in Japan. Feel sorry for Bourdais again.
I do agree wiith you about this repeated post-race 25 second penalty - last time around, it was the closing stages & I can understand that there wasn't any time left to enforce a drive-through.

But at Fuji, they had ample time to decide BEFORE the race finished. Not that I'm saying that Sebastien B deserved it - Massa was just having one of his 4x4 days that's all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I hope nothing of that sort happens else if Massa wins the WDC after such an incident, it might always be said that Massa won because of such tactics.
Yeah, I hope nothing like that happens as well. Would be a shame. He needs to fire & fire good - as you said, no room for mistakes. Else, we have Kubica waiting in the wings

Last edited by suman : 14th October 2008 at 10:14.
Old 14th October 2008, 10:17   #3340
Team-BHP Support

The Chinese GP is make or break time for Hamilton. Whatever he does here will determine the outcome of the WDC.
Interlagos is a Ferrari stronghold. I'm expecting a Massa victory in Brazil.
As far as Kubica is concerned, the guy has spirit. And looking at the way both Hamilton and Massa have gone about their campaigns, he may well have his fingers crossed.
Old 14th October 2008, 10:20   #3341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
So? I never expected myself to say this but GO Alonso!! Take out Hamilton!!!
Look at the depths Ferrari fans will fall !! Asking help from a rival to take out the leader ? Sheesh !!
Old 14th October 2008, 10:29   #3342
BANNED

Kubica is becoming a silent killer! He executes his drives very well and somehow finishes in the podium. Japanese GP was a perfect example of what this man is capable of.
If not this year, I wish him all the success for next year's championship.
Old 14th October 2008, 10:49   #3343
Senior - BHPian

Drivers turn on Hamilton

FORMULA 1 drivers are set to discuss Lewis Hamilton’s aggressive driving style at the drivers’ briefing in Shanghai this weekend following the Briton’s efforts in the Japanese Grand Prix. Hamilton was handed a drive through penalty for forcing fellow front-row starter Kimi Räikkönen off the road at the first corner of the race at the Fuji Speedway, and after drawing criticism for bold moves in the Italian Grand Prix and for apparently failing to heed blue flags quickly enough while being lapped in Japan, his rivals have now had enough.

Earlier in the week, one of Hamilton’s oldest allies Robert Kubica admitted that the McLaren driver’s race conduct had become too forceful and had already been discussed amongst the other drivers. “What he did was too much and dangerous,” Kubica told Bild Zeitung in reference to the Italian Grand Prix. “It was a topic [in the drivers’ briefing] and most of them had a similar view. But at the end we can only talk. If someone is convinced they’re allowed to do it, then we don’t have any influence.” It is believed that prominent GPDA Director Jarno Trulli was incensed by Hamilton’s driving in Japan and intends to bring the topic up again for further discussion in China. McLaren CEO Ron Dennis however sees nothing wrong in Hamilton’s driving style: “[Kubica’s] objective should be to raise his own performance, do the best he can and keep those comments to himself,” he told reporters on Saturday. “It’s refreshing to have a highly talented driver who has the ability to overtake and make the bold decisions he has in what is only his second season in Formula 1.”

Hamilton, in an unusual turn of deference, has said that he considers his first corner move in Japan to have been a mistake. “You can always look back and wish you’d done something – I made a mistake and I paid for it,” Hamilton told UK broadcaster ITV. “That sort of thing happens – you’ve just got to keep your head up and keep going.” Hamilton’s main championship rival Felipe Massa also courted controversy in Japan, twice colliding with rivals. For the first incident, with Hamilton, he received a drive-through penalty but for the second it was Sebastien Bourdais, whom the majority of the paddock believed to have been the innocent party, who was penalized. Massa joined his fellow drivers in confirming to journalists that he thought Hamilton’s penalty was justified, while at the same time questioning the correctness of his own drive-through. “For him yes, for me I am not sure,” he said. “For me it was just a racing incident, because we braked very late into Turn 10.” Massa also absolved himself of any blame in the Bourdais incident: “There is not really much to say about that. I was turning in the corner and then he hit me coming out of the pits. There is nothing to comment on. For me, he was a little bit too optimistic on the inside and to me it was completely wrong.” Bourdais however told GPWeek that Massa showed no respect for his fellow drivers and needed to reassess the manner in which he goes racing.

The drivers’ briefing in China is thus set to be a confrontational affair, which will only serve to increase the pressure on the championship rivals as the season draws to its conclusion.

Source: www.GPweek.com | F1 | WRC | MotoGP | GP | Grand prix | Formula One | News | Motorsport | Magazine | F1 Images | F1 Photos | F1 Pictures | Racing | Motor Racing |
Old 14th October 2008, 15:40   #3344
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
He also said that he was really unhappy about both the Championship Contenders, Hamburger and Massa, 84 points in 16 races and still making too many mistakes. He said that he took only 9 races to make 84 points.
Can't really argue with that, can we? Hamilton & Massa have both made the stupidest of mistakes.....stuff you don't expect in the last stage of a championship battle. Think about this : Despite having the fastest cars on the grid, an unexpected contender in an inferior car (Kubica in a BMW) is only 7 & 12 points (to Massa & Hamilton respectively) adrift. Heck, Kubica still has a shot at the championship. And with having won ONLY a single race!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
That's all it was. So he had to prove a point.
Racing is racing. Whether to prove a point, win a championship or anything else. Many others have made the same mistake, but I don't remember a penalty being handed out on previous occasion.
Old 14th October 2008, 15:53   #3345
Senior - BHPian

I'm not a die-hard Ferrari fan (was an MS fan throughout, which is where the reds came into the pic) but after listening to watching the fat-headed Hammy drive around like the track is his dad's property (and nobody else should overtake), I'd root for anyone who can give him a taste of his own medicine every now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
SO Dan who do you support? Alonso or Hamilton?
I think he roots for Damon Hill. Hamilton who? Alonso also?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks