Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2006, 19:19   #406
Senior - BHPian

FERRARI ARE BACK

What an amazing race, esp the drive by Michael. No damn chance or room for Alonso to make his move. In the end, he made the mistake by running wide while Mr.Cool soaked up all the pressure and raced to glory. Brilliant drive by Massa too. Can't wait to see what happens in the next race.
Old 23rd April 2006, 19:28   #407
F50
Senior - BHPian

Yes!!! The revenge has been taken. Sweet Italian Anthem sounds again.
And Michael still knows how to race the old way. Holding back Mr. Fonso who had a quicker CAR the revenge of '05 San Marino GP was taken.
One thing is clear that Renault is a quicker car but not Fonso.

Renault runs on TEAM SPIRIT but Ferrari runs on SPIRIT, the ITALIAN SPIRIT.
Old 23rd April 2006, 19:37   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F 50
Renault runs on TEAM SPIRIT but Ferrari runs on SPIRIT, the ITALIAN SPIRIT.
Ferrari runs on the 'Prancing Horse', and boy when it runs, it does run
Old 23rd April 2006, 19:53   #409
Senior - BHPian

what do you have to say fellows,whose the better one.Not a single mistake from Michael in over 30 laps that Alsonso was following him .3 of a second behind before and after the second pit stop.simply fantastic.More than a few mistakes from alonso,running wide and outbreaking himself a couple of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik247
Ferrari runs on the 'Prancing Horse', and boy when it runs, it does run
no it dosen't.It runs on Michael magic.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 23rd April 2006 at 20:00.
Old 23rd April 2006, 20:07   #410
BHPian

great race by michael.. but have to say good race by alonso too.. he didnt give up till the end.. but schumi did a great job of keepin him behind though..

bummer for button again.. wonder when that honda is gonna go for a win.. the lollypop guy moved to soon.. and ide what was he doin man.. been awhile since i saw a F1 car doin some somersalts, glad albers is ok..
Old 23rd April 2006, 21:06   #411
Senior - BHPian

Weren't Ferrari running a new engine compared to the other races? Looks like its performing well, and so are the tyres. The brakes took a lot of punishment but glad they din't give up.

Off Topic..
Anyone read Overdrive's GrandPrix magazine? If not, its worth buying. Got loads of news abt F1, MotoGP, WRC n all.
Old 23rd April 2006, 21:07   #412
Team-BHP Support

can someone put up the drivers' names who finished in the points as i missed the race. And when is the retelecast?

manson.
Old 23rd April 2006, 21:30   #413
Senior - BHPian

Results:
1.M.Schu
2.Alonso
3.Monty
4.Massa
5.Kimi
6.Webber
7.Button
8.Fisichella

Although others would beg to differ, i didn't find the race too exciting. Reason is that there was not a single overtaking move ON the track. yes, all the hussle-tussle between Schu and Alonso built up to the action...BUT there was no action. there was only buid-up. And its not the drivers' lack of courage its just the darned track!

Anyways, ferrari won a deserved victory despite all the pressure put on schu by Alonso. Their race was pretty much made in the first stint as they let Massa slow down Alonso while Schu stretched his lead up ahead. Plus, lets wait and see if its ferrari's true form or just a flash in the pan like last year.

Disappointments were Honda yet again...especially Barrichello who showed signs of getting to grips with the car. And Kimi's drive today was also very mediocre but brought home points.

Notable incidents: Albers sommersaulting his car. Then the stupid marshall crossing the pitlane right in front of Barrichello's car. And obviously the royal goof up by Honda's Lolly-pop man!
Old 23rd April 2006, 21:33   #414
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
can someone put up the drivers' names who finished in the points as i missed the race. And when is the retelecast?

manson.
1. Michael
2. Fonso
3. Monty
4. Massa
5. Kimi
6. Webber
7. Button
8. Fisi

Repeat will be tomorrow at around 15.30-16.00
Old 23rd April 2006, 23:01   #415
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
Their race was pretty much made in the first stint as they let Massa slow down Alonso while Schu stretched his lead up ahead.
When did this happen before or after the race? Coz i don remember seeing any such thing he (Fonso) was maintaining a 1.5 sec (roughly) gap from Massa. He was never challenged or did any attempt to slow Fonso down.
Old 23rd April 2006, 23:03   #416
Senior - BHPian

Amazing race.. M schumi looked great out there.. proving he still has it in him!!
Old 24th April 2006, 00:54   #417
BHPian

Brilliant race.. (yes I'm a ferrari fan !!!!) ... Schumi drove an absolutely awesome race and his pace was much improved this time. During the 20 or so laps when Alonso was literally under schumi's back wing, I was didn't take my eyes off the TV. Alonso did make a couple of moves to overtake him but due to the narrow track it wasn't possible.
Schumi did struggled with his tyres after he pitted, which allowed alonso to catch him in a short span of time , schumi had a comfortable 10sec lead over alonso. Massa did try to slow alonso down a bit and let schumi take a lead in his wounded ferrari. But schumi stood up to the challenge and didn't really lose his pace. after the 2nd pit his tyre problem was sorted out..but a faultless drive afterwards made his win possible...while Alonso did make a couple of small errors... I feel that alonso could have overtaken him if it were any of the wider tracks. But schumi did show treamendous pace. he surely did deserve the win.
Kimi wasn't really attacking this time.... monty was and he had a good race as well. the hondas again and a bad luck and for Jenson like always things went wrong.... dunno when he'll win a race.

The albers incident......haven't seen a f1 car sommersault so many times in such a long time !!

Last edited by vinod : 24th April 2006 at 00:57.
Old 24th April 2006, 08:18   #418
Senior - BHPian

25 Laps!!! Alonso was two seconds faster than Schumacher in these laps, yet he couldn't find a way past that Ferrari! He consistently kept on the racing line leaving absolutely no room for Alonso.

The pit was another area where they'd have lost the race if it were for a seconds mistake. But it was done awesomely.

And I can guarantee this: If Schumacher was behind Alonso and was running two seconds faster than him, there was no way for Alonso to hold him for soooo long, Schumacher would've taken him easily.

This is where Michael's experience AND expertise came into play! Which is why he is the best driver in Formula One.
Old 24th April 2006, 10:13   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
And I can guarantee this: If Schumacher was behind Alonso and was running two seconds faster than him, there was no way for Alonso to hold him for soooo long, Schumacher would've taken him easily.

This is where Michael's experience AND expertise came into play! Which is why he is the best driver in Formula One.
gordon, schumi is god to me, but i beg to differ with you here. i am sure that you know what happened an year back, with the roles exactly reversed, michael was tailing alonson for more than 10 laps, yet he couldnt find a way past him.
Old 24th April 2006, 11:21   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna
gordon, schumi is god to me, but i beg to differ with you here. i am sure that you know what happened an year back, with the roles exactly reversed, michael was tailing Alonso for more than 10 laps, yet he couldn't find a way past him.
10 laps in the end is different to 28 laps that Alonso was following him and he had a fantastic pit stop opportunity.did you see what lap Michael did when Alonso pitted.a 1.25.9 something which was much faster than 1:27...he was doing when Alonso was following him.that is called a masterstroke.also Michael was really struggling with the brakes,see how early he was breaking.Alonso could have easily out braked him.

the fact is Alonso did not try really hard to pass schumi,because all he is interested in is championship points and not race victories,so he did not risk throwing away the 2nd place by making a adventurous move and that is not a sign of a truly great driver.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks