Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2005, 00:21   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well looking at the championship getting aways from kimis hands(atleast taking into consideration that alonso is not having retirements),i have a gut feeling that kimi will surely pull something special out of the bag and get onto the top step of the podium..ggggoooooo kimi!!!!!
Old 3rd September 2005, 00:27   #47
BHPian

I think it's too early to predict, we'll have to wait and watch the qualifying but anyway if there are no reliability issues with McLaren..............no one can stop Kimi......he's gonna be the winner....

Aseem...how come you haven't voted yet??? Not in the mood to gamble

Cheers!!!

Last edited by gr8guzzler : 3rd September 2005 at 00:29.
Old 3rd September 2005, 00:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

kimi should win this one(i hope he does)..followed by montoya ..followed by schumacher ..then trulli..then ralf ..narain ..tiago ..button ..fisi and then last but not the least Alonso..
Old 3rd September 2005, 00:34   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
and then last but not the least Alonso..
Turbo....I hope he does not even get to the 2nd lap......
Old 3rd September 2005, 00:37   #50
Senior - BHPian

For me its just JPM. I feel that Mc Laren have deliberately screwing his races as they know Kimi has an outside chance of winning the championship. I specially was very annoyed when the race Montoya was leading and safety car came, and Kimi was asked to pit first, and that move virtually screwed Montoya's race. Montoya has never openly said that he will help Kimi, he has however stated many times that he is there to win races. I just think its more internally Kimi is more favored in Mc Laren. However even after not competing in soo many races due to injury Montoya has made a strong come back. Being a loyal fan, I hope for a Montoya victory, followed by a second position from Alonso.

Last edited by aseem : 3rd September 2005 at 00:39.
Old 3rd September 2005, 00:44   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
For me its just JPM. I feel that Mc Laren have deliberately screwing his races as they know Kimi has an outside chance of winning the championship. I specially was very annoyed when the race Montoya was leading and safety car came, and Kimi was asked to pit first, and that move virtually screwed Montoya's race. Montoya has never openly said that he will help Kimi, he has however stated many times that he is there to win races. I just think its more internally Kimi is more favored in Mc Laren. However even after not competing in soo many races due to injury Montoya has made a strong come back. Being a loyal fan, I hope for a Montoya victory, followed by a second position from Alonso.
Man I would love to see JPM win....but his luck is really screwed up this season. He's getting better and better with every race in the McLaren but was really disappointed when his race got scrwed up last time.
Old 3rd September 2005, 00:59   #52
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well guys i dont think mclaren are intentionally trying to screw up montoyas races to give an advantage to kimi..well remember montoya was the unluckiest driver even in williams,had unaccountable retirements but not ralf..so maybe the same here at mclaren too,maybe he is not destined to win races though has tremendous potential..
u might ask says who,all that i would say is its straight from the "mclarens" mouth(thats me,just kidding)...
Old 3rd September 2005, 01:04   #53
Senior - BHPian

Well I dont quite agree with you Mc Laren. If it was purely based on luck than Kimi would be called unlucky too based on the number of retirements he has had. I feel that between Alonzo and Fisi you can say Alonso is better as even when they are no retirements Fisi is outclassed by Alonso. Thats not the case with Montoya though, as he regularly chips in fastest laps of the races and matches Kimi's pace. Even at Williams he had more wins than Ralf. I just feel that Mc Laren currently are not focusing on his setup and requirements as much as they are caring for Kimi right now. Be it pit stop strategy, be it balance of the car, Kimi has a better setup. However Montoya would have to overcome such factors and display true class by out pacing Kimi despite all the favoratism!
Old 3rd September 2005, 01:21   #54
Senior - BHPian

..me along with many others on the forum ,would want Mclaren to win both the trophies i.e Drivers and Constructors ..at the moment Kimi is has a better chance of winning the championship than JPM..hence perhaps kimi is given more preference on track at the moment quite understandably for JPM too he knows he has lost out quite a bit to grab the championship this season..
me for one wouldnt be less happier if montoya was faring better than kimi in this championship..
2005 championship stars my dream team Mclaren - Kimi alongside McLaren - Juan..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler
Turbo....I hope he does not even get to the 2nd lap...
are we alonso bashers or what eh?
Old 3rd September 2005, 02:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
are we alonso bashers or what eh?
On the contrary I am a Alonso fan. The way he held off Schumacher with his car for 10 laps, when the car was 2 seconds off Michaels pace was awesome. He has been consistantly performing, and even when Kimi doesnt have any reliability issues, he is consistantly finishing on the podium in not such a competitive car. I think we should give credit where its due. I think most people are cheering for Kimi as they want some more juice in the championship and an interesting fight till the end!
Old 3rd September 2005, 14:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

1.3 hours to go for the qualifying. MS split Kimi and Juan in the practice session before qualifying. Lets see what the qualifying will produce. Let the bettings continue!
Old 3rd September 2005, 17:53   #57
Senior - BHPian

Kimi has blown his engine again! and will be in 10th place on the starting grid but a great qualifying lap from him.
Montoya can win easily from pole and alonso can get the second place easily, kimi i think has to forget about winning the title this season.
Old 3rd September 2005, 18:01   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Turbo....I hope he does not even get to the 2nd lap
Me two hope the same

Every one knows that Kimi is the better driver of the lot but no luck.

My bet is on Schumi..
Old 3rd September 2005, 18:25   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Me two hope the same

Every one knows that Kimi is the better driver of the lot but no luck.

My bet is on Schumi..
Iam an Alonso fan and I don't want to compare them both. You are a kimi fan so you think he is the best one but I don't think kimi is any better driver than Alonso. At present Kimi has clearly got the fastest car and so he seems to be quicker. But Alonso is very consistant and always chasing the Mclarens in an slower car. Both of them are talented in their own ways.
But I don't understand why always Kimi blows his engines while it doesn't happen to Montoya's car? May be its got to do somthing with the driving style.
Old 3rd September 2005, 18:34   #60
BANNED

I HATE to say it but I think Kimi is going to take this one....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks