Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2006, 23:11   #946
Team-BHP Support

watched only a few laps, but did manage to get continous updates, was so damn happy when alonso retired, but then came one more disappointing retirement!!
why schumi why..

manson.
Old 6th August 2006, 23:46   #947
BHPian

it was a great race from start to finish, but as a schumi fan, a very disappointing one. i think he made a big mistake by trying to race with pedro and nick.

schumi did a commendable job by holding pedro for quite sometime, but with more than 5 to 6 laps to go and with nick and pedro on slicks, it is next to impossible to hold them back for such a long time. If i am right, slicks gave them more than 5 secs advantage per lap.

he should have let nick past him cleanly and should have salvaged home some vital points.

anyway, thats racing.
Old 6th August 2006, 23:51   #948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Thats racing dude!. What did you expect??? Shummi just giving way to de la rosa and Heidfeld without a fight with just 4-5laps remaining???
dude if the car behind you is faster you should let it pass and not block the car behind you. schumi was too aggressive and defended his position a bit too much and thats why he didnt finish. however schumi did an excellent job of holding them back and drove very impressively inspit of his tyres

Last edited by khanak : 6th August 2006 at 23:52.
Old 7th August 2006, 08:27   #949
zen
BHPian

Kubica stripped of seventh position

As a result, Massa gets promoted to 7th.. and guess who becomes 8th and gets the final point.. Schumi!

Drivers championship lead cut to 10 points.
Constructors championship lead down to 7 points.
Old 7th August 2006, 08:36   #950
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Its a sad thing, Kubica getting disqualified bcoz of extreme tyre-wear. But still, u cant take away the fact that he drove very well in his 1st GP. Good of BMW, too, for not contesting or appealing the decision.
Old 7th August 2006, 09:29   #951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak
dude if the car behind you is faster you should let it pass and not block the car behind you. schumi was too aggressive and defended his position a bit too much and thats why he didnt finish. however schumi did an excellent job of holding them back and drove very impressively inspit of his tyres
So if the car behind was faster???Shummi was aggressive but then thats how it should be. They were racing for positions. Shummi wasn't a backmarker to slow down and allow Pedro and Heidfeld go by with half a dozen laps to go. I know looking back now that would have been the best thing to do considering the championship situation. But THis is sort of approach that has made Michael soo successful. He is a fighter no matter what. If he had kept Pedro behind till the end, everyone would have praised him like anything. Its a pity he did not finish but i guess he will take it. He took a risk which did no work.Thats it! But the entertainment value that he provided in the end laps was quite something!
Old 7th August 2006, 10:00   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
I predict.....a boring race!!
Just noticed your prediction.... What a race!
Old 7th August 2006, 10:11   #953
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg
Just noticed your prediction.... What a race!
I was just going to post that I have to eat my words!!

What a race it was! Amazing what a bit of rain can do to liven up an otherwise snoozer of a race track! Maybe the FIA should consider installing sprinklers on this circuit so its a wet race every year!

About the race itself, I was stunned to see the way Fernando was slicing through the field in the beginning. I first thought that maybe they kept his fuel load low, but he went on far beyond the top runners. So it was Michellin that had the superior wet weather tyres. Exact opposite from previous years when Bridgestone had the wet performance!

Really bad luck for Alonso when he suffered that problem. It seemed the Championship lead would be halved, but for some reason, Schumi was not his usual thinking self that day. He took far too many chances to try and hold onto those points, and that finally was his undoing. Instead of accepting that the slicks were way faster than his intermediates and conceding the positions, he chose to fight. I guess you can't really blame him for racing, but I really thought that Schumi should have been a bit smarter than that! Those lost Championship points may just come back to haunt Schumi...

And ofcourse, the Button win. FINALLY!! After 113 GP's, he scores his first win and Honda's first as a constructor as well!

This has got to be the race of the season for me.
Old 7th August 2006, 10:23   #954
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen
Kubica stripped of seventh position

As a result, Massa gets promoted to 7th.. and guess who becomes 8th and gets the final point.. Schumi!

Drivers championship lead cut to 10 points.
Constructors championship lead down to 7 points.
Hey, Can someone explain this situation to me ... Schumi had a DNF so how the hell can he get that one point ??? Or does F1 have some warped kind of points scoring system where you can score even inspite of not finishing races ...

Schumi still aint gonna get the CS .. no matter how points he gets gifted !!!

Cheers
Old 7th August 2006, 10:31   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75

Cheers
Remember what you said! coz you may have to eat your own words by the 3rd week of October 2006
Old 7th August 2006, 10:38   #956
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, Can someone explain this situation to me ... Schumi had a DNF so how the hell can he get that one point ??? Or does F1 have some warped kind of points scoring system where you can score even inspite of not finishing races ...

Cheers
Schumacher finished 3 laps down and others the two Midlands also +3 laps down hence Schumacher was classified as 9th. Since Kubica is disqualified he is 8th.

So Driver's Points lead down to 10(which was to be 7)
Constructors down to 7

But those 2-3 laps which he holded Pedro was awesome.

Go Schumi!!!
Dont Retire for next 2 yrs.

Last edited by F50 : 7th August 2006 at 10:40.
Old 7th August 2006, 10:46   #957
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Aarey mountain man...the rules state that if you complete 90% of the race, you are classified a finisher. So any driver who completes 63 laps of that race will be a finisher, even if his car does not physically cross the finish line.
Old 7th August 2006, 10:57   #958
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Remember what you said! coz you may have to eat your own words by the 3rd week of October 2006
U wanna bet ...... Either I eat my words or else I drink my KFs and you foot teh bill !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50
Go Schumi!!!
Dont Retire for next 2 yrs.
I know you a huge Schumi fan .... but I think its time he vanishes -- hes becoming like our own Big B , just refuses to retire !!!

The way he was desperate on holding to his position shows his desperation specially after he heard that the man he was chasing for the WT was out ... and deep down I had a feeling that he wud blow it .. and he did just that !!!

Quote:
Aarey mountain man...the rules state that if you complete 90% of the race, you are classified a finisher. So any driver who completes 63 laps of that race will be a finisher, even if his car does not physically cross the finish line.
How warped can that be ...... wat sense does that make and why such a rule ?? Any idea since when has this rule been in place ... U dont cross the finish line = u dont get no points no matter what , thats what it shud be ...

I wudnt be surprised if the 8th place guy was kicked out just so that they cud get Schumi a solitary point .. =--- Another scandal here ?????

Cheers

Last edited by adya33 : 7th August 2006 at 14:26.
Old 7th August 2006, 11:05   #959
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How warped can that be ...... wat sense does that make and why such a rule ?? Any idea since when has this rule been in place ... U dont cross the finish line = u dont get no points no matter what , thats what it shud be ...
This rule has been in place for a long, long, looooooooong time. Don't ask me the reasoning behind it though. Maybe its put in place to sort of reward the drivers for completing most of the race!

Quote:
I wudnt be surprised if the 8th place guy was kicked out just so that they cud get Schumi a solitary point .. =--- Another scandal here ?????
Hey Khaadu, do you write for Mid-Day by any chance?? lol
Old 7th August 2006, 11:10   #960
BANNED

Quote:
This rule has been in place for a long, long, looooooooong time. Don't ask me the reasoning behind it though. Maybe its put in place to sort of reward the drivers for completing most of the race!

Hey Khaadu, do you write for Mid-Day by any chance?? lol
Why wud you ask that ..... is it coz I smell a RAT everywhere ??? Dude, its just that when its Schumi involved .... I always felt that a lot gets manipulated for him , he gets away with stuff that others wud get heavily reprimanded for and to top it he's a COCKY SOB who is a sore loser !!!

As for finishing most of teh race , the rule makers shud be made to realise that in racing there shud be nothing as almost made it thus I do get a few points .. either u finish or u dont finish !!!

Last edited by Rtech : 7th August 2006 at 15:15.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks