Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2006, 20:15   #1036
Senior - BHPian

It was a good race and excellent drive by Massa to claim his first pole and win. And as i expected the Renault were back. Excellent racing by Fernando and Schumi. I was glued to my seat for the final 10 laps. Wish the remaining races also provide so much excitement.

Last edited by sridhar24 : 27th August 2006 at 20:17.
Old 27th August 2006, 22:09   #1037
BHPian

super race... alonso and schumi duel was nice! Alonso is proving to be a good driver and has the grit to hold himself under pressure. This season is going to go till the end to determine the champ.
Unfortunate for Kimi.. that guy is jinxed! Mclaren might have been strong if kimi had not had that accident.. pedro showed the Mclaren was strong.
So next is the BIG race... not really the race,but the fact that we'll know what schumi wants to do and where kimi will drive next season. My gut feeling is schumi will defer that decision to a later date as he might not be able to win the championship this year!!
Old 27th August 2006, 22:14   #1038
Team-BHP Support

For once, nice drive by Massa - leading from the front. It's always good to see a new face on the top step of the podium.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Watched the race and my word what a race between Alonso and Schumi... till the end .... AND thats how you gotta defend your position... on the track and not off it...
Schumi's car was definitely faster than Alonso's... but the defending was superb to watch.
Exactly.
At one stage it looked like Alonso would comfortably finish in 2nd, but, then MS caught up. Still, finishing in front is what matters and I'm very happy Alonso finished ahead of his rival. Hope he continues to do so.
Go Fernando, go!
Old 27th August 2006, 22:18   #1039
Senior - BHPian

As for the standings...

12pts saperate Fonsi and Michael
2pts saperate Renault and Ferrari!

So even if MS dosent win the title, Ferrari certainly seem to win theirs.
Old 27th August 2006, 22:37   #1040
Senior - BHPian

The safety car caught out michael otherwise he should have won.
Old 27th August 2006, 22:47   #1041
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
The safety car caught out michael otherwise he should have won.
Scott Speed caught out Kimi otherwise he should have won...
Old 28th August 2006, 00:14   #1042
Senior - BHPian

wht is it goin to take for raikkonen to win this season. does anyone have a answer. its definetly not the car the past couple of races.
Old 28th August 2006, 00:18   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser
Great drive by Massa. Excellent. Would have been nice to see ferrari 1,2 but it was a good attempt by MS in the end. But it was too late. Wonder why ferrari pulled in both the cars for pit stop at the same time!! Otherwise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer Sozay
I am sad to see Schumi fin 3rd, Whats went wrong with Ferraris immaculate pit stop strategy!!!, i am pretty certain that shumi will win this world championship still
Nothing happened to the pit strategy... Just that Fonsi's luck smiled on him just when he needed it..!! As again and as it always has been doing.... The coming out of the safety car during the first pit stop time frame really screwed up MS.... He had to choose between the devil and the deep sea... he chose the devil thinking he could fight it... at least he gave it a good fight...
Had he stayed on and not waited in the pits, fonsi wud have got a first pit stop advantage by not loosing significant amount of time as the safety car was out for a good 3-4 laps... he wud have been in and out of this pits without any major time gap between him and MS... Then it would not have been possible for MS to stretch out a decent enough lead to come back from his first pit ahead of fonsi...
Its just that today was MS's day... His luck proved to be his adversary..

Last edited by ess_a : 28th August 2006 at 00:20.
Old 28th August 2006, 00:32   #1044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
Scott Speed caught out Kimi otherwise he should have won...
just dont talk crap for the sake of it.MS was heavier than Massa in the first stint and was catching massa when the safety car came out.after that he had to waight for 8-10 secs for massa to complete his stop.thats where he lost the chance to secure first place.after that his second set of tyres was not that good and he went off at turn eight which cost him second place.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 28th August 2006 at 00:33.
Old 28th August 2006, 00:53   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
MS was heavier than Massa in the first stint and was catching massa when the safety car came out.after that he had to waight for 8-10 secs for massa to complete his stop.thats where he lost the chance to secure first place.after that his second set of tyres was not that good and he went off at turn eight which cost him second place.
Well only the pit stop screwed up his chances...
He easily compensated for his brief stint on the tarmac and matched fonsi's time even with his second set of tyres... I guess it was just not his day...
Old 28th August 2006, 01:05   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a
Well only the pit stop screwed up his chances...
He easily compensated for his brief stint on the tarmac and matched fonsi's time even with his second set of tyres... I guess it was just not his day...
yes he did match fonsi but if the 2nd set of tyres were working as he wanted them to then he would have caught Fonsi before the pitstop and maybe he would not have gone off the track at turn 8.
Old 28th August 2006, 01:12   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
yes he did match fonsi but if the 2nd set of tyres were working as he wanted them to then he would have caught Fonsi before the pitstop and maybe he would not have gone off the track at turn 8.
You are absolutely right my friend... one thing more... this year the only race where i can say fonsi had some bad luck was the hungarian GP (with that tyre failure)... But there also he escaped unscathed when MS got a mech failure
Old 28th August 2006, 03:12   #1048
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Damn good race by Massa. Schumi should have got 2nd place, but the Ferrari crew made a crucial mistake by stacking him behind Massa during the 1st pitstop. Anyways, nice defending by Alonso, who no doubt was in a much slower car. As for Kimi, damn, hes got some bad luck. are they giving out bonus championship points if you take out Kimi from the race ???
PS:- I couldnt help but notice hat ven Button won da last race, everyone on the paddock and circuit was super-excited. but when Massa won, only people excited were himself, 1 ferrari pit crew and his GF and dad ??!!
Old 28th August 2006, 03:13   #1049
BHPian

Well done Massa. A great race for him. Looks like Schumacher is pretty much out of contention to win the championship this season. Better luck next time chap.
Kimi unlucky as always. I must say Button drove pretty well for Honda for the 4th place.
Old 28th August 2006, 08:37   #1050
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!
Hamilton Update...

Quote:
Lewis Hamilton will find out before Christmas whether he has earned a dream drive at McLaren next season.
http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/story/5908102
Closed Thread

Most Viewed