Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2006, 10:15   #1066
Senior - BHPian

This time i don't think Renault and Fernando can spoil Ferrari's party at Monza, we can definetly expect Schumi at the top step of the podium. Renault though are not as good as ferrari, they are still better than the rest of the cars on the track. There will be lot of pressure on Fisichella this time as Ferrari are closing the gap in championship.
Old 29th August 2006, 10:26   #1067
BHPian

Safety car dint cost Schumi the race, but the crucial mistake of running off wide at turn 8 did. I strongly feel that he lost a big opportunity there. Or else he would have easily come out in front of alonso after the second pitstop.

MS has made a couple of very vital mistakes in the last two races. i feel that this could be the deciding factor of the championship.
Old 29th August 2006, 13:32   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
By the way, when is the race.... coming weekend ???
10th September......
Old 29th August 2006, 17:20   #1069
BHPian

Just a general question. Even if MS lost out an opportunity on tun 8 to overtake, didn't he have about 8-10 laps left to overtake Alonso? I mean his lap times were mostly faster than Alonso and with his experience he could have "created" plenty of opportunities.
But oh I forgot, Istanbul is a new circuit and he doesn't have much experience there. In the end, I think he just took it easy and preserved his 3rd position.
Had it been someone like Hakkinen, we would have surely seen a different result.
Old 29th August 2006, 17:36   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri
Had it been someone like Hakkinen, we would have surely seen a different result.
Oh common, now you want to start a debate about Schumi's overtaking abilities...

Circuit itself was very tight and renault wasnt very slow either. In certain sectors renault either matched ferrari or was faster than ferrari... hence there was very negligible chance for overtaking.

Being in a faster car is one thing, but being fast enough to overtake the car in front in any part of the circuit is another thing. In this case, the margin wasnt huge.

Case in point was san marino granprix this year. Alonso was able to close in fast, but had to stay behind schumi for more than 15 laps are so. Do you mean to say Alonso lacks overtaking skills???

Last edited by tifosikrishna : 29th August 2006 at 17:39.
Old 29th August 2006, 18:00   #1071
BHPian

I think Ferrari should be able to win this one, but we need to keep in mind that the Renaults would not require the mass dampers at this circuit as much as they would have missed them at say Turkey. This is an out and out power circuit, so it will separate the men from the boys.
The Merc is punching out good horses as well, and I think it would well throw the spanner in the works.
Old 29th August 2006, 18:12   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
In the end, I think he just took it easy and preserved his 3rd position.
Hohoho!!!! I think you didnt see the finish or did you?? How both fonsi and MS crossed the finish line.... The time gap showed how Schumi had been pushing... "Preserving" is one word that is not in Schumi's dictionary... Anyone who knows about this guy will damn agree...
Quote:
I mean his lap times were mostly faster than Alonso and with his experience he could have "created" plenty of opportunities.
But oh I forgot, Istanbul is a new circuit and he doesn't have much experience there.
And my friend how do you create opportunities??? Take out a paper and pen and write OPPORTUNITY!!??? Schumi did what was required and that was to put pressure on fonsi... now, that fonsi didnt buckle under pressure is a different thing... Plus what has experience of a circuit got to do with "opportunities"...?? Kindly explain...
Even the damn circuit was too tight!!
Plus its one thing to overtake an M800 in a Civic but quite another if its a corolla in place of M800...

Last edited by ess_a : 29th August 2006 at 18:18.
Old 29th August 2006, 18:45   #1073
Senior - BHPian

ferrari will bevery strong here..
their car is naturally suited to fast tracks

i'm predicting a ferrari 1-2 ( MS winning )
and mr. consistent, alonso 3rd
Old 29th August 2006, 19:07   #1074
BHPian

Guys Monza is Ferrari territory.... So my predictions are...
1. MS
2. Massa/Kimi (if his bad luck period is over)
2./3. Massa
3./4. Fonsi (if his good luck doesnt desert him yet again)/if it does Button

As for Kubica... Fadoo driver!!! might spring some surprise if BMW lets him to...
Old 29th August 2006, 22:35   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay

Because of this.....
you got involved even before i said that.u tried to invoke heat the first time around dont make lame excuses.neither did michael and kimi tell u what strategy they were on,but if watch the race closely then u can make out that michael was heavier than massa because he was driving conservatively and that is one thing he dosent do if he is on a light fuel,oh maybe u will tell he dosent tell me but atleast i can make that out from watching the race.
Old 30th August 2006, 01:14   #1076
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
you got involved even before i said that.u tried to invoke heat the first time around dont make lame excuses.neither did michael and kimi tell u what strategy they were on,but if watch the race closely then u can make out that michael was heavier than massa because he was driving conservatively and that is one thing he dosent do if he is on a light fuel,oh maybe u will tell he dosent tell me but atleast i can make that out from watching the race.
for mercy's sake, drop it already. this thread is starting to get too personal. time to move on to Monza.
Old 30th August 2006, 01:57   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a
Hohoho!!!! I think you didnt see the finish or did you?? How both fonsi and MS crossed the finish line.... The time gap showed how Schumi had been pushing... "Preserving" is one word that is not in Schumi's dictionary... Anyone who knows about this guy will damn agree...
And my friend how do you create opportunities??? Take out a paper and pen and write OPPORTUNITY!!??? Schumi did what was required and that was to put pressure on fonsi... now, that fonsi didnt buckle under pressure is a different thing... Plus what has experience of a circuit got to do with "opportunities"...?? Kindly explain...
Even the damn circuit was too tight!!
Plus its one thing to overtake an M800 in a Civic but quite another if its a corolla in place of M800...
By experience, I mean that if you've driven on a track for quite some time, on certain corners you can go faster and try to overtake.

So u mean a Ferrari F1 car is after all a Honda Civic?

And u create oppotunities by drafting, sitting right behind (very close) the person for some time and when you see a certain part of the circuit you're confident you can overtake, you do it. A very common practice used in auto racing. Otherwise, in F1 you get the dirty air of the car in front of you if you aren't too close to the car in front of u.

Last edited by sujaylahiri : 30th August 2006 at 02:01.
Old 30th August 2006, 01:59   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a
Q: Talk us through those last couple of laps, did you feel confident that you could hold Michael behind you?
FA:
Yes to be honest I was confident. I was playing with the revs in the engine a little bit. It was going up and down depending on the distance I had to Michael. At the last corner I slowed just in case Michael tried a risky manoeuvre, but the exit was quite bad and the distance to the line was very close. But I knew that it was enough.

From the F1 website, post-race conference.
Old 30th August 2006, 06:24   #1079
Senior - BHPian

We all saw how Michael tried everything he could to overtake Fonsi. But in the crucial parts of the track where probably MS could have made his move, either he made a mistake or his car wasn't working as he wanted it. Again, Fonsi did a good job blocking everymove that MS made.

And the difference btw the Ferrari and the Renault wasn't SO much and the Renault was only slower than the Ferrari at the turn8. In the rest of the track it was nearly as fast as the Ferrari.

Quote:
And u create oppotunities by drafting, sitting right behind (very close) the person for some time and when you see a certain part of the circuit you're confident you can overtake, you do it. A very common practice used in auto racing. Otherwise, in F1 you get the dirty air of the car in front of you if you aren't too close to the car in front of u.
It's easier said than done buddy... Just what did Michael NOT do to try getting past Alonso?
Old 30th August 2006, 09:40   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
By experience, I mean that if you've driven on a track for quite some time, on certain corners you can go faster and try to overtake.
My friend the drivers in F1 are no jerks.... If they need years of practice just to get the hang of the track, they should better sit at home and enjoy their sunday afternoon... Three practice sessions and numerous computer simulations are enough to let them know how the track behaves and how much fast they can go on the turns and corners...

Quote:
So u mean a Ferrari F1 car is after all a Honda Civic?
Please read the post once again...

Quote:
Dude its easier said than done... As for the "dirty air" please explain how- "in F1 you get the dirty air of the car in front of you if you aren't too close to the car in front of u."
You mean if you are too close then you wont get the "dirty air" !!!
By the way if you had watched the race, you would have seen that MS did everything that could be done....
As for the Fonsi's answer to the question.... It clearly shows how Schumi was pushing and not "preserving"....

Last edited by ess_a : 30th August 2006 at 09:42.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed