Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2006, 13:17   #1261
BHPian

very tough for schumi to win the 8th crown. but we dont know what we see in brazil.
Old 8th October 2006, 13:55   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri
I think it's quite fair for Alonso now. Both MS and Alonso are "level" this season, with 2 retirements each. God always gives equal opportunities to people.
MS has had 3 retirements this season if i remember right. Australia, Hungary and Japan. Alonso has had 2 retirements this season Hungary and Italy. Guys correct me if i am wrong.
Old 8th October 2006, 14:29   #1263
BHPian

Brawn n Todt called for fair play at Suzuka and they got it with schumi retiring. Remember Monza where Alosno qualified 5th, penalized and pushed to 10th, was running at 3rd when his engine gave way! If he had continued to finish third, the deficit between MS and Alonso would have been greater. So God intervened and put things back in perspective! Guess retirements are a great leveller in F1!

All said about Alonso's off-track behaviour, he drove like a true champ! No one can every deny him that!!
Old 8th October 2006, 14:39   #1264
BHPian

what goes around comes around.. happened to alonso in monza, now to schumi in suzuka..

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
MS has had 3 retirements this season if i remember right. Australia, Hungary and Japan. Alonso has had 2 retirements this season Hungary and Italy. Guys correct me if i am wrong.
MS did retire in Hungary.. but was qualified as a finisher and scored a point.. it wasnt considered as a retirement..

Last edited by adya33 : 8th October 2006 at 16:54.
Old 8th October 2006, 15:04   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Alonso did exceptionally well, and so did Schumacher.
I was hoping those two would be fighting in the race, and didn't want either to go out of the race. Even if it happened, it should be Alonso. Sadly, it was the opposite. Anyways, a very rare chance for Schumacher now. He has to win the next race with Alonso not in the points.
Old 8th October 2006, 15:17   #1266
BANNED

Damn. I missed the race. I overslept.
What? Schumacher had an engine failure? What's this? Does it have anything to do with Kimi coming into Ferrari? Poor iceman has hard luck with engines. Will it continue in Ferrari?

Now, Brazil is still a remote thing for MS. It's just the way it looks now. And even if Alonso DNF, Wont the points be same with MS on Podium? Will the Championship be shared?
Old 8th October 2006, 16:22   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak

Now, Brazil is still a remote thing for MS. It's just the way it looks now. And even if Alonso DNF, Wont the points be same with MS on Podium? Will the Championship be shared?
If SHummi wins the next race and a DNF for Alonso will mean that MS will be world champion simply coz in that case Shummi will have 8 race wins as opposed to Alonso who will be on 7 race wins this season
Old 8th October 2006, 16:39   #1268
F50
Senior - BHPian

...... six years later another engine blow-up, which blew Michael's chances of winning the 8th Title. What a moment to blow.
Michael has conceded this title to Alonso and he just wanna focus on Constructors. Schumacher missed this championship just like Don Bradman missed to make 4 runs in his last innings to take his Test Cricket Average to 100.00 but today its in the books still at 99.94 and so will be 7 titles.
I thought this would another dream story of 'come back' like Troy Bayliss and Colin Edwards but i guess not.
I sincerely hope Alonso spends his years at Mclaren, miserably.
Old 8th October 2006, 16:44   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50
...... six years later another engine blow-up, which blew Michael's chances of winning the 8th Title. What a moment to blow.
Michael has conceded this title to Alonso and he just wanna focus on Constructors. .
So what does this mean? In case Shummi wins the next race and a DNF for Alonso, who would be the World Champion?
Old 8th October 2006, 16:48   #1270
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
So what does this mean? In case Shummi wins the next race and a DNF for Alonso, who would be the World Champion?
He means that he has given up the race for Driver's Title but just want to focus on Constructors.

If he wins and DNF for Cry Baby .... dont worry Schumi only will be the champ.
Old 8th October 2006, 16:50   #1271
Senior - BHPian

Prince in that case Michael will be the WDC,but it is hopeless,dont expect anything to happen like that.
In Brazil fonso is going to be very conservative and all the attacking will be done by Fisi,so a points finish is pretty much guaranted for him.All is lost my friend and we have to accept it.

I have only one wish now that Michael wins in Brazil and Fonso finishes lower than than 3rd,so that when Michael finally retires he can have all the podium and attention for himself.That will be a bigger defeat for Fonso.

and looks like finally the fonso fans have come out of their holes.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 8th October 2006 at 16:53.
Old 8th October 2006, 17:31   #1272
Senior - BHPian

The Spanish fly was in his elements today! A victory well deserved though wish it had gone down to the wire rather than a tame blowout for MS. Full credit to MS though for at least saying that he does not want to win a WDC with a Alonso DNF in Brazil.

By the way guys, we need a lot of tissue boxes here...........any volunteers lol????

Last edited by suman : 8th October 2006 at 17:36.
Old 8th October 2006, 17:43   #1273
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman

By the way guys, we need a lot of tissue boxes here...........any volunteers lol????
Atleast leave Fisi today .... just because he was a bit emotional on podium doesnt mean ..................
Old 8th October 2006, 17:57   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
Prince in that case Michael will be the WDC,but it is hopeless,dont expect anything to happen like that.
Not necessary, there is that one chance and that is everything what most are looking forward to. Cannot ignore it.

Anyways, no worries, Fisichella is going to take out Alonso himself.
Old 8th October 2006, 18:03   #1275
Senior - BHPian

Yes,Gordon we can always hope but still......

The odds are like 36 runs from 6 deliveries.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 8th October 2006 at 18:04.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks