Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2008, 11:38   #3766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
Also Lewis was stripped of his win at "Spa" and peanlised for cutting the chicane to overtake Vettel at the French GP, and that was a penalty which cost him dearly. Had those incidents not happened he would have sewed up the WDC by China.
Lewis was penalised coz he did the wrong thing!

Had not been for the pit stop blunder by Ferrari crew in one of the recent GP, Massa would have been the WDC!
Old 4th November 2008, 11:53   #3767
Team-BHP Support

This argument is getting ridiculous. To those who have yet to figure it out, the man who has maximum points at the end of the season is the World Champion. That's how things work in the world of Formula 1 and that's how things have worked in the past as well. This year it is Lewis Hamilton. Next year it could be someone else. What has happened, has happened. Penalties, crashes, pit lane disasters, etc. have all been taken into consideration. No one is going to change things and nothing is under investigation. So, quit arguing and making allegations.
Old 4th November 2008, 11:56   #3768
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post

McLAREN are back and how!!
You make it sound like they did a Ferrari back in 2002, or 2004 wrapping up the season with atleast a handful of races to spare.
Mclaren just about managed to pull it off, infact they didn't, it just all happened for them.
And, Mclaren is where its been for quite a few years, NO. 2 ON WCC (read that again), so it isnt back or anything just yet, its there where its always been.

manson.
Old 4th November 2008, 12:13   #3769
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Had not been for the pit stop blunder by Ferrari crew in one of the recent GP, Massa would have been the WDC!
Now that really is not how a championship is decided. I am a staunch Ferrari supporter, but Lewis won, and it all ends there. Its quite final.
Or last year, if Alonso got along with Hamilton just fine, he would have let him pass and then Hamilton would have been WDC 2007.

manson.
Old 4th November 2008, 12:24   #3770
Senior - BHPian

Gosh,

The season's over fellas. Ferrari has the Constructor's title and Lewis has the Driver's Chmapionship. It is over for 2008.

For 2009 - I would love to see Massa running the pants of Kimi again - I feel Massa is a better driver than Kimi. A Massa v/s Lewis battle will be more fun than Kimi v/s Lewis.

Add Alonso to the mix - and you have a cracker. Alonso for me is the guy to watch out for in 2009. In fact he was the driver of the season in the 2nd half of this year's championship.

with Vettel also showing his class and Hekki in there somewhere with the BMW's and Toyota's - 2009 is going to be one OPEN season. Bring it on.
Old 4th November 2008, 12:26   #3771
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I know, LH has got the points, he is the WDC!

I was just replying to a post which stated 'Had not Lewis penalized for cutting a chicane he would have.....'!
Old 4th November 2008, 12:28   #3772
Senior - BHPian

The 2008 season is over. Lewis Hamilton is World Champion and thats ends there. The season has been topsy turvy all along. Controversies, penalties, etc etc. have all been there. The "what ifs" dont matter anymore and wont change anything. I being a hardcore tifosi and Ferrari supporter am dissapointed and quite sad at Massa losing out but at the same time am extremely happy that Ferrari have taken the Contructors title which was well deserved. There are those who say that Ferrari got it easily last year due to Mclaren's exclusion but there are no two ways about it that Ferrari very well earned it this year with their own merit.

I am not a Hamilton fan but you cant take away anything from the guy. He's World Champion at 23 years of age. How he won it is a different story, Glock , penalties the arguements will go on. He didnt win many races and yes he got lucky. But he is in the history books as WC today and that is reality. There is no domination in the sport today like a certain MS showed over the past few years but the racing has got very exciting.

I cant wait for 2009 now. It should be a cracker of a season and I hope its as dramatic as this year. And I hope Kimi is back with a bang with a little bit of Alonso, Vettel and Kubica in the soup as well.

Well done Lewis. Forza Ferrari !!!
Old 4th November 2008, 12:39   #3773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
Is it so damn hard to accept that McLaren will have #1 on their car next year?
Its a fact so why should it be hard to accept? Maybe hard to digest though so we'll have to wash it down with some Bacardi. LOL

Lets just leave it at that instead of writing out our own fantasies & "what ifs" shall we?

2009 - the year of the resurgent Kimi Raikkonen.

Yipeecheers:
Old 4th November 2008, 14:28   #3774
BHPian

Like Dippy and N_C said, the season's over. Hamilton is WDC and Ferrari WCC, period. For the Tifosis, please get over the season and start looking forward to 2009. No point in wasting precious web resources of T-BHP discussing the controversies of 08 at this stage.

I request the moderators to rein in and penalise individuals who are still not heeding to requests of fellow members. Please, no more mud-slinging!
Old 4th November 2008, 15:37   #3775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Its a fact so why should it be hard to accept? Maybe hard to digest though so we'll have to wash it down with some Bacardi. LOL

Lets just leave it at that instead of writing out our own fantasies & "what ifs" shall we?

2009 - the year of the resurgent Kimi Raikkonen.

Yipeecheers:
Amen to the 2009 part as I am a big Kimi fan but am completely confused with his snoozing part for a better part of each race.
Maybe Ferrari put some tire warmers on Kimi before every race so that he wakes up before every race and not after half of it
Old 4th November 2008, 17:32   #3776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
@danlalan, agreed lewis is champion, but he is champion not because HE WON, he is champion because someone lost.

Thats all i want say.

He is a rocking driver and will beat Shumis record of 7 championships, but this year, am sorry, he is a champion on paper, but not a real champion.

cheers,
AC
right AC that's akin to sayin that Schumi won it cos the others lost. As Aditya said and i quote 'This argument is getting ridiculous. To those who have yet to figure it out, the man who has maximum points at the end of the season is the World Champion. That's how things work in the world of Formula 1 and that's how things have worked in the past as well. This year it is Lewis Hamilton. Next year it could be someone else. What has happened, has happened. Penalties, crashes, pit lane disasters, etc. have all been taken into consideration. No one is going to change things and nothing is under investigation. So, quit arguing and making allegations'.
Old 4th November 2008, 21:16   #3777
Senior - BHPian

Weather this is called RUBBIN it in or not or Putting salt where it matters i dont know. But here it is. THE VIDEO

LAST LAP OF SAO PAULO

Last edited by Aditya : 4th November 2008 at 21:31. Reason: No arguments please
Old 4th November 2008, 21:16   #3778
Senior - BHPian

The only thing I can't stand is that Britain has a World Champion !!! :-) Nothing personally against Lewis Hamilton though.

They keep whining about not being able to win due to this or that... Their media (read paparazzi) is awful !!

If they win a Football WC or a Grand Slam we wouldn't hear the end of it.

In my opinion Massa is a consistent but not great driver. Kimi is great in patches but somehow seems to lack consistency. I liked the years when he was in McLaren. He gave everyone a run for their money along with Montoya wasn't it.
Old 4th November 2008, 21:54   #3779
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
All in all, whether you like it or not, Hamilton is THE Worth Formula 1 World Champion. He's YOUR Formula 1 World Champion. Live with the facts, buddy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post

@ F-50

READ THIS:

LEWIS HAMILTON IS CHAMPION!
You both please read this. I know that he has won and im living with that fact!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Anyways, its over. Lewis is champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

And please tell me what you mean by a "Champion's Drive."
Addy,I dont know whether you'll agree to these examples, but I think these were one the Champion's Drive.

M.Schumacher winning the 2000 WDC at Japan. The way he pushed his car and got those back to back fast laps and then come in the pits and Ferrari doing an excellent 6.0 sec pitstop. M.Schumacher exits the pits and you could see Mika Hakkinen entering that Start-Finish. That was a true champion's drive.
Dominating 2002 & 2004 season. A champion is out there to show why he is a champion and the way he can show it is by dominating. Roger Fedderer was No.1 for so long and won almost all the matches. How many of you'll stopped watching tennis? Roger played like a champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
You make it sound like they did a Ferrari back in 2002, or 2004 wrapping up the season with atleast a handful of races to spare.
Mclaren just about managed to pull it off, infact they didn't, it just all happened for them.
And, Mclaren is where its been for quite a few years, NO. 2 ON WCC (read that again), so it isnt back or anything just yet, its there where its always been.

manson.
Very well said Ma(n)son. cheers:

Do I read (again) Mclaren Mercedes - No.2 in WCC? Dan?
Old 4th November 2008, 21:58   #3780
Senior - BHPian

@Mods: Is it not time to close this thread?!

Guess we have shared our thoughts constructively for this season and it was really great!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks