Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2007, 08:56   #1771
Senior - BHPian

There is absolutely no doubt now that this is the YEAR OF THE MCLARENS.
there is no stopping them now, ya Alonso did make a large amount of mistakes but then who doesnt under pressure.Ferrari are sitting ducks at the hands of Hamilton.
Old 11th June 2007, 09:45   #1772
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Excellent and action-packed race. The only dampers were the frequent safety car periods. And Kubicas crash. Man, Thank God he is stable (though must be rattled as hell).

FINALLY Hamilton takes the chequered flag in a much deserved victory. This boy has had the most impressive GP career start till date and just reeks of consistency and maturity. Well done, Hamilton.

Raikonnen, in line with his recent performances, did not impress and had another lacklustre performance. The only time he was "pedal to the metal" was then Alonso was on his tail. Alonso seemed to have some problem before his first pit-stop and went off thrice on the same spot. After a change of tyres, he lapped the fastest but went off yet once more. The black flag penalty for Massa and Fisi was a bit harsh, but no one can argue with the rules can they?

All in all a great race to watch and some superb overtaking in the mid-field.
Old 11th June 2007, 09:54   #1773
BHPian

Hamilton is just superb, am growing to like this guy never put his foot wrong and was having lots of fun on the race track. He deserves the victory and hope he can keep his head and extend the championship lead in the coming races.

Black flag for Massa was very harsh, it turned red the moment he left the pit lane and the stewards must have lost their mind over it. Fisi on the other hand saw Kubica waiting in the pit lane exit but decided to overtake instead of thinking why hes stopping there!

Fonso was pathetic after 3rd pit stop, post 2nd he took the challenge to Kimi, whom i thought is running pathetic with every race! Ferrari needs a better driver now! sorry Kimi 5 pathetic races and You are going nowhere.

Whats wrong with Heidfeld! all the 3 restarts behind safetycar, he left a second or more gap to Hamilton and never looked to challenge him. Maybe he was too excited to get the second place, though Hamilton rode much much better i wanted to see how he would have performed if Heidfeld was hot on his tail.

A very good race, made boring only by the 3 SC restarts and not to forget the horrific crash of Kubica, man these F1 cars are so safe else...
Old 11th June 2007, 09:59   #1774
Senior - BHPian

Star of the race for me was T. Sato

Boy, what moves he made on Ralf and 2 time world champion Alonso in a Super Aguri.
Old 11th June 2007, 10:33   #1775
Senior - BHPian

had the best day yesterday. Not just because of the F1 which was completely action packed but also because Moto Gp was great as hell too.

Stoner and Rossi complemented each other superbly in the last laps with the ducati showing Yamaha who's boss. Rossi was completely let down by his bike on the straights. They hardly had 1 inch distance on most turns.

F1 was another superb treat. Kubica's crash, massa's exit and Alonso's car problems with the 10 sec penalty made it good viewing. But most of the laps had safety car on the track which somewhat dampened the experience.
Old 11th June 2007, 11:11   #1776
Senior - BHPian

According to latest reports Kubica has not suffered a broken leg and it was just a sprain.Good news for him.
Old 11th June 2007, 11:23   #1777
BHPian

It was one of the most exiting race in the recent past. I'd agree that Hamilton finally got his well deserved win, sato and webber too were fun watching..

Good to know that Kubica came out safe...

A good circuit with some really tough corners!!

Some how feel disappointed that all the strategy get's overwritten by a accidents and boils down to luck on who was able to re-fuel before a crash, must be really frustrating at the driver's seat...
Old 11th June 2007, 11:41   #1778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Man whats happening this race!!!! No pit crew out whn Trulli got in for a regular stop!!!!
It was Davidson from Super Aguri who was parked right outside his pit, with no one around! That was so hilarious.

The way Alonso drove and made his way up after the 10 second stop/go penalty was also thrilling to watch.

Kimi looked less than ordinary... more so the way Sato overtook him.

But what a thrilling race it was... Kimi and Alonso took it right into the pit lanes, with Alonso coming out in front. That was a maniacal pitstop from both the teams.
Old 11th June 2007, 12:13   #1779
BHPian

Alonso did all the mistakes, which we would have expected the rookie Hamilton to do and Hamilton did everything, which we would have expected Alonso to do. How the formbook has turned on its head.
The race was not particularly interesting, too many safety cars. After that terrible accident, I am glad the Kubica is OK.
Kimi is loosing it, I don’t know what’s the matter with him, and its sad to see him drive around in the midpack with a car which can be a potential race winner.
IMHO the guys who drive on Michelins last year are having trouble coping up with the Bridgestones this year, and its true for Alonso, Kimi, Button, Kubica and Albers. All of them at some point have commented on this aspect of the car, but I think if you are being paid a multi million salary you should be able to unlearn and re learn faster.
Congrats to Lewis on winning the race, he deserved it.
Go Macaaaaaaa.

PS: Oh and Yes, I agree with BUSA, the star of the race has to be Sato be special mention about Wurz's drive. Also Hekki finished 4th starting last.

Last edited by RacingForIndia : 11th June 2007 at 12:15. Reason: Adding some more text
Old 11th June 2007, 12:25   #1780
BHPian

The frequent safety car spoiled the entire show in F1, but the Moto Gp compensated for the not so Interesting F1, Stoner and Rossi really put life in yesterdays Moto GP.
Old 11th June 2007, 12:31   #1781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellcat View Post
but the Moto Gp compensated for the not so Interesting F1,
.....the Moto GP may have been good but there's no way one could have called the Canadian GP as dull! This was one of the most incident packed ones I've seen in recent times.....
Old 11th June 2007, 12:54   #1782
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
.....the Moto GP may have been good but there's no way one could have called the Canadian GP as dull! This was one of the most incident packed ones I've seen in recent times.....
My first Gp of 2007 ... and only coz I felt that our Rookie might get what we all wanted him to get -- TOP HONORS and that too convincgly !! And what an event .... not the most incident packed in recent times but rather in a LONG time ... !!!

No fun watching a F1 if there aint any action , though mst say Kubica must be a SHAKEN soul -- lucky that he got away with only a broken leg . Goes to show how safe these cars are . But the BEST part for me was Sato's overtaking move on Alonso just before the end . Sato was driving the pants of that machine ....

Well, I hope we get to see more GPs like this ... lots of action in terms of spectacular crashes , overtaking moves , spin off ...... , and maybe then I shall start following it more seriously .

Until the next GP ...................
Old 11th June 2007, 13:29   #1783
BHPian

the best race of the season so far and I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!! watched it live on the track, whoooo that crash sure was something, i was sure kubica was dead!!!
brilliant drive by hamilton, massa did not really deserve the penalty

Last edited by cheap_deal : 11th June 2007 at 13:30.
Old 11th June 2007, 13:55   #1784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
massa did not really deserve the penalty
Why not. Rules are the same gor everyone.
Old 11th June 2007, 13:55   #1785
BANNED

A great day for racing and a great day for Hamilton - he deserves every bit of it!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed