Toro Rosso 0 0%
Super Aguri 0 0%
Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2007, 10:14   #2056
BHPian

Baaaaah....If Hamilton had obeyed pit orders and stayed out a lap none of this would have happened. Me thinks all this fame is getting a bit too much to his head.

And Merve, please leave Mclaren alone now. Now that Ferrari's had pathetic qualifying by their standards, u get back to blaming Alonso for Hamilton's delay? It was all to do within the team and none of it hampered Ferrari.

So just take it easy please. It's just a sport and nothing that happens there will make a difference to any of our lives.

I think stripping McLaren of points in this race is just a tactic by Ferrari and the FIA to get Ferrari closer to McLaren in the championship this year, since apparently Ferrari are finding it hard to do it on the track.

Last edited by turbo_v12 : 5th August 2007 at 10:15.
Old 5th August 2007, 10:22   #2057
Senior - BHPian

Who says that it makes a differene to anyone.why even read about what i'm writing then.I think that Hamilton and Alonso hate each other so much that they are getting to all this.
and read this.it was Hamiltons fault that he did not let alonso past,but when told to wait for 20 secs in the next pit the waited for 30 secs,telling he was enquirng wether the tyres were correct.If Alonso has not done it on purpose why did the stewards punish him and not both him and hamilton?

Quote:
Alonso was asked why he waited for some 10 seconds before leaving the pits after being given the signal to leave. His response was that he was enquiring as to whether the correct set of tyres had been fitted to his car.
Quote:
Reference to the circuit map shows that at the time Alonso was told he would be held for 20 seconds there were but 4 cars on the circuit, his own and those of Fisichella, Hamilton and Raikkonen.

All but Raikkonen entered the pits such that there can have been no necessity to keep Alonso in the pits for 20 seconds waiting for a convenient gap in traffic in which to leave.

The explanation given by Alonso as to why at the expiration of the 20 second period he remained in his pit stop position for a further 10 seconds is not accepted.
FIA and Ferrari,the same guys who did not punish Mclaren right?The moment the stewards(not the FIA.but appointed by them)punish mclaren you start the story of FIA,Ferrari collusion.This just dosen't sum up.If you dont remember Ferrari was way faster than Mclaren in Germany....

Last edited by merve_extreme : 5th August 2007 at 10:31.
Old 5th August 2007, 10:40   #2058
BHPian

I can see that one driver caused problems to the other... but why punish McLaren???!!!
Old 5th August 2007, 10:45   #2059
Senior - BHPian

The used the "bringing sport into disrupute" clause.
Formula One news: FIA: McLaren's actions damaging to sport - GPUpdate.net Formula One

It was not necessary though and maybe they will quash the judgement after the appeal.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 5th August 2007 at 10:46.
Old 5th August 2007, 10:52   #2060
Distinguished - BHPian

My guess for final podium finish:

Alonso ( will come back from second position)
Hamilton
Kimi
Old 5th August 2007, 11:04   #2061
Senior - BHPian

This season has been more interesting off track than on it.
Old 5th August 2007, 11:11   #2062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Alonso ( will come back from second position)
He is demoted to 6th on the grid.
Old 5th August 2007, 11:13   #2063
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE :
Alonso has been penalised 5 places.. he starts in 6th
Mclaren have been penalised any ( and all ) constructor points they might earn at hungary !

scandals galore at mclaren
Old 5th August 2007, 20:05   #2064
Senior - BHPian

Results(provisional)

1. Hamilton
2. Raikkonen +0.7 sec.
3. Heidfeld +43.1 sec.
4. Alonso +44.8 sec.
5. Kubica +47.6 sec.
6. Schumacher +50.6 sec.
7. Rosberg +59.1 sec.
8. Kovalainen +68.1 sec.
9. Webber +76.3 sec.
10. Trulli +1 lap
11. Coulthard
12. Fisichella
13. Massa
14. Wurz
15. Sato
16. Vettel
17. Suttil +2 laps
18. Barrichello
19. Liuzzi retired.
20. Davidson retired.
21. Button retired.
22. Yamamoto retired.
Old 5th August 2007, 21:02   #2065
Senior - BHPian

Politics aside, a very good race. With limited overtaking opportunity, it gave teams like BMW a chance to stay ahead of the big guns. This kid Lewis is solid as they come. Couple of bad results, the qualifying fiasco, Mclaren spying crisis and a raging Kimi didnt keep him from winning the GP.
Old 5th August 2007, 23:30   #2066
BHPian

It looks to me like McLaren have got themselves drivers with some attitude. They don't want to control how the two behave as it will then seem like slaves obeying the masters orders. These two are equal and are doing everything possible to beat the other... the championship is so close between the two.
Now is this tight scrutiny by FIA really warranted? The problem was between two McLaren drivers, it did not happen in the race (some of you might say that it did alter the outcome of the race, but who knows what happens in the race as such. This is only the qualifier), it did not cause any kind of trouble to other drivers in the grid. It was purely an intra-team rivalry! The FIA could have asked Alonso to start second and let Hamilton keep pole. That would've solved the problem. Instead they go to an extent of actually punishing the team. Even though I read all the explanations, it still makes no sense to me why the team should be punished.
Old 6th August 2007, 00:38   #2067
BANNED

I didn't see the race .... and I luv the result , though I wish Alonso had come 2nd !!!

As for teh qualifying fiasco and then the FIA action -- that really does go to show how this sport is controlled somewhere besides the track . Not allowing the team to take any points from this race ... goes to show that the parent body is wanting some other manufacturer to try and win the CS !!!! I hope it turns into a fiasco over the next few days with appeals and counter appeals ..... The REDS ain't still gonna win .

I wonder why Ferrari wasn't penalised when they crossed the line together --- or when MS decided to purposely park himself at a corner to deny Alonso the pole -- Didn't those incidents bring more disrepute to the sport than the one over this week end ???? I wonder ...............
Old 6th August 2007, 02:00   #2068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
I wonder why Ferrari wasn't penalised when they crossed the line together --- or when MS decided to purposely park himself at a corner to deny Alonso the pole -- Didn't those incidents bring more disrepute to the sport than the one over this week end ?
I thought, MS was heavily penalized for that. He started 22nd on the grid. Isn't it?
Old 6th August 2007, 03:26   #2069
BANNED

It was a nice race. Couldn't watch the whole action and had to download and watch some highlights and some clippings. But after reading thru the whole of AS IT HAPPENED RACE REPORT, it really feels like There's lot of things happening behind the screens.

I thought only we were bad with politics.
Old 6th August 2007, 09:37   #2070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
I thought, MS was heavily penalized for that. He started 22nd on the grid. Isn't it?
Yes you are right. And they didnt send Alonso to the back of the grid. They just sent him down to sixth. They penalized MS for ruining Alonsos lap and here they did it to Alonso for doing the same to Hamilton. He should have gone to the back of the grid too but then not giving them constructors points was the other alternative they used.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks