Williams 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2007, 14:51   #2326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
It was the perfect ending to the penultimate race. With 7 points seperating the top 3 contenders, it's gonna be a hair raising Brazilian GP.
Somehow this nail-biting finish looks stage-managed. Anyone else feel that way?

Just like Shuey clawed back dramatically in his last season and kept everyone on the edge of their seats for the last race.
Old 7th October 2007, 15:06   #2327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Me felt the same, the way Hamilton turned so late in to the pits and went off made me think that way. F1 surely seems to be stage-managed
Old 7th October 2007, 15:07   #2328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I do. Manson was just here at my office and when we heard the results and what happened - this was the very 1st sentence out of my mouth.
Old 7th October 2007, 15:11   #2329
Team-BHP Support

Hamilton finished off his tyres well beyond their capability. He was losing 7 seconds a lap on those tyres. He was barely able to turn the car. you could literally see the inside of the tyres.

Also, Kimi and Alonso presverved their tyres better than Hamilton. That also shows the experience. You can be fast but to be fast and not be too hard on the tyres needs experience.
Old 7th October 2007, 15:45   #2330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unlikely that a driver just about to win his fist title will like anyone to stage manage his driving.What he did was a stupid error of judgement.
Old 7th October 2007, 16:38   #2331
BANNED

Hats off to all of us! (for watching this fantastically scriptwritten and directed circus of F1).

But sure, it gives us some good entertainment.
Old 7th October 2007, 17:07   #2332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I really doubt that. Had Hamilton been a mutliple F1 champ who's been there, done that and gotten bored of it, he might have done it on purpose but surely not in your very first season where the only thing on your mind is winning the championship.

His right rear tyre was in real bad shape and if you watch the vid, he turned the car into the corner, the rear started sliding out, he then tried to counter steer but the wornout tyres just couldn't hold.

Experienced drivers have had the stupidest of accidents behind safety cars (Schumi in Monaco), warmup laps (Montoya spinning out in Melbourne) etc where racing is not even allowed, so i don't see why a rookie, who had everything to lose couldn't have misjudged a tight pit lane entry-corner (not restricted by pit lane limits), riding a set of tyres on the verge of failure.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 7th October 2007 at 17:09.
Old 7th October 2007, 17:38   #2333
Senior - BHPian

I didnt say it was the driver, and god knows he would want to wrap up the title asap.

What if it were the team? There were plenty of questions about McLaren's wisdom in keeping Hamilton out there on tyres that were obviously wearing off.

I dont buy conspiracy theories normally, but in F1 things do look very 'managed' over the last couple of years or so. I hope I;m wrong.
Old 7th October 2007, 18:25   #2334
BHPian

Quote:
I didnt say it was the driver, and god knows he would want to wrap up the title asap.

What if it were the team? There were plenty of questions about McLaren's wisdom in keeping Hamilton out there on tyres that were obviously wearing off.

I dont buy conspiracy theories normally, but in F1 things do look very 'managed' over the last couple of years or so. I hope I;m wrong.

Did you see the camera focus on Ron Dennis when Hamilton got stuck? If he could have mentally willed the car to move he would have done it. It wasn't just his face, it was also his body language that showed his frustration.

I really believe that Hamilton made his first adrenaline-induced rookie mistake (it was about time!).

1) He was losing several seconds every lap.
2) He was just overtaken by Raikkonen and
3) Alonso was breathing down his neck.

He had all this going through his head when he entered the pit lane too fast for his worn out tyres.

He still had the engine running. If the marshals could have unstuck his car, he would have been back in the game, may be finished 7th or 8th.

Looks like Lady Luck was reading my earlier post .
Old 7th October 2007, 20:46   #2335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
please alonso entertain us, take out hammy and yourself in the first corner. pretty please with sugar on top

1. kimi
2.hammy
3.massa
not bad, hammy out of the race. my prediction of his position was replaced by alonso.

go kimi, go win at brazil.
Old 7th October 2007, 21:18   #2336
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Steer, Alonso and Kimi had the same set of tyres run the same distance and they were able to carry on for a lap or 2 more. I guess Mclaren didn't expect Hamilton to eat up his tyres as much as he did.

Also, noticed that Kimi was the only driver who didn't go on the wet portions of the track to cool the tyres. All teh rest of the drivers were doing it but Kimi's tyres lasted the longest.
Old 7th October 2007, 23:10   #2337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
not bad, hammy out of the race. my prediction of his position was replaced by alonso.

go kimi, go win at brazil.
One way this will happen is if Kimi wins at Interlagos with the rest following in this order....

2) Massa
3) Alonso
4) Vettel
5) Weber
6) Kubica
7) Hamilton
8) Kovalainen

Wishful thinking may be!! I'm betting on Lady Luck riding with Kimi in Brazil!!!
Old 8th October 2007, 00:20   #2338
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Awesome race guys !! THis had to be the most eventful race of the season!
Old 8th October 2007, 01:58   #2339
Senior - BHPian

Zensible please dont bet on whom lady luck is going to shower, i am a Tifosi you see
Old 8th October 2007, 09:17   #2340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensible View Post
He still had the engine running. If the marshals could have unstuck his car, he would have been back in the game, may be finished 7th or 8th.
Marshals would have stepped in only if the car was dangerously positioned on track. Anyways.. great race, great result and it is nice to see F1 go down to the wire!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed