Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2008, 02:34   #1
BHPian

Michael Schumacher: F1 to Motorcycle Racing?

"KTM has been regulars in this column as of late because of the vast number of innovative bikes (and car) that they have been launching or developing. This time though they're featured because of a rider, none other than former Formula 1 World Champion Michael Schumacher.

It seems that the German ace is not content to sit at home and count his millions; instead he has turned his attention to two wheels. Whilst he has always shown a keen interest in motorcycle racing, having been seen at many a MotoGP race, now he is on the grid having entered the KTM Trophy race series on a 990cc Super Duke.

Despite claiming he is only racing for a hobby, he finished second in an Italian round against some stiff opposition and finished with the second-fastest lap. Brit John Surtees though is still the only man to gain a world championship on both two and four wheels to date!"

Source: Motorcycle USA

@Mods: I could not find this topic elsewhere. Hence posting it. If similar topic already exists, please delete or merge.
Attached Thumbnails
Michael Schumacher: F1 to Motorcycle Racing?-michael_schumacher.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2008, 11:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

If the passion is in your blood then you cant say no to any opportunity for racing and our buddie has done just that.The difference i see is that it was passion red earlier and now its orange,lol.
ram
Old 22nd April 2008, 14:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

He has already had a couple of falls, in practice, testing etc, but it has not deterred him from continuing racing. Even his wife supports him wholeheartedly.
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:43   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

He is quite simply a genius on wheels. Two or Four !! I wouldnt be surprised if he tries his hand at truck racing :

He is one of the best drivers the world has ever seen. Of course, people will butt in here and say Senna was better or Prost was better but Schumi had the good luck not to race against them.

That is the unfortunate part. If only Senna hadnt died, we would have seen what Schumi's real talent was when compared to the absolute best.
Old 22nd April 2008, 21:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

(IMO)2 names will be etched in history of their respective sports far above their peers forever.
Micheal Schumacher & Valentino Rossi.
Old 22nd April 2008, 22:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
He is quite simply a genius on wheels. Two or Four !! I wouldnt be surprised if he tries his hand at truck racing :

He is one of the best drivers the world has ever seen. Of course, people will butt in here and say Senna was better or Prost was better but Schumi had the good luck not to race against them.
Get ur facts right. Schumi did race against Senna, but maybe in inferior machinery.

I too believe Schumi is the best of all time, but that is debatable
Old 23rd April 2008, 02:23   #7

Schumacher has proved to be the best F1 driver the world has ever seen. He has proved it with his wins etc. Fate had a say in Sennas death. Too bad!! But thats life!
Anyways, He is also the captain of a count german Football team. And he is extremely good at it too.
Old 23rd April 2008, 10:14   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Get ur facts right. Schumi did race against Senna, but maybe in inferior machinery.

I too believe Schumi is the best of all time, but that is debatable
I know he did, but that is not counted . Schumi was an amateur and Senna was already triple world champion.

And yes, the machinery makes a difference.

And the time was too short to actually decide. If Senna hadnt died, they would have raced against each other for a much longer time.

Most Viewed