Team-BHP - Just In! Super Aguri Out of 2008 championship
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Just In! Super Aguri Out of 2008 championship (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/39319-just-super-aguri-out-2008-championship.html)

Hi F-1 fans!
Super Aguri founded by the Japanese driver Aguri Suzuki has finally called it quits from F-1 2008 season after days of speculation of their exit. Though it does not affect the season as such, its another team biting the dust where umpteen teams have come by and gone by. They finished 9th in 2007 championship and another racing team buckling under the pressures of the demanding F-1 Circuit. Not sure where Takuma Sato and Anthony Davidson will be heading and i feel sorry for Sato as he is a competetive driver

Source of Info : The Official Formula 1 Website

Nevermind it was actually better team then the parent Honda team which seems to be heading wrong direction all the time.

I thought they would give company to Force India in the points and with their withdrawal Force India better score @least some points and hopefully Fisi does that soon. Again coming to the team itself, i thought it was doing good for a young team of just around 2 years old.

wasnt there a talk abt a indian company ( dont remember who) taking over this team ?

Not sure about an indian company but it was planned by some Magma Group from Dubai which got withdrawn for some unknown reasons with the german based Weigl Group only interested in a short term rescue not getting involved for a full buyout.

was too lazy to google then.. however, look a this..

India’s Spice Group eyeing stake in Super Aguri

Oh Damn! :Frustrati
After Juan Pablo, Takuma was the most entertaining driver on the grid! Will surely miss him unless he gets a different ride!

Quote:

Originally Posted by five46 (Post 821191)
Oh Damn! :Frustrati
After Juan Pablo, Takuma was the most entertaining driver on the grid! Will surely miss him unless he gets a different ride!

Yea ! JPM had always entertained but somehow he did not continue and got back to the lousy US circuits and so is Sato and definitely someone will be taking him for sure as he is talented.

Oh man I'm going to miss Super Aguri in Formula one. They were such an entertaining team and the drivers were always amazing to watch.

I heard there was a breach of contract from one of the sponsors, SS United Oil & Gas Company whose decals were displayed on the car but they didn't pay up. As a result they couldn't do this year's winter testing as well.

Really sucks that such an entertaining team has to leave Formula 1 because of financial troubles.

Yes Sujay ! SS United Oil and Gas company backed out and it proved too costly for aguri. Well ! with the mess already being piled up since long it was inevitable for the team to bail out of championship.
Sato was always giving a fight and those guys are some serious talent, so need to see where they would go from here.

This is really sad. I always admired the Super Aguri team because they kept racing and entertaining in spite of their difficulties.

I'll never forget Sato overtaking Crybaby Alonso during last year's Canadian GP.

super aguri was on sale for $1 - i have the $1 but not the $150M in debt! :)

It was rather unfortunate for aguri though it had promising talent in Sato and Davidson. But again debts of $150M was rather a bad thing for the team and more unfortunately some groups who were supposed to bail them out of this soup did not venture into the same. An upcoming team had a rather tame end.

Would have been nice if one of the Ambani's could have bought it. (and called it Mumbai Indians)

Its very disappointing to see a team get out of F1. Sato was a good driver who is the one who really scored some points for Aguri first.

This is what happens to private teams who are not backed by manufacturers.