Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2005, 20:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

will schumi be dethroned in melbourne ?

3 days to go for the weekend to begin !

so what'd u think guys.. shall the mighty schumacher be dethroned ?
i feel the opposition will get a whiff of a chance till the F2005 is introduced.. which means till imola
beyond that i think we'r back to scarlet domination.. do expect it to be much closer tho

i'm pretty sure mclaren will give him a good fight, running a 3rd car during practice will give them a bit of an edge..
in understanding further how the car reacts to the new rules
esp. in melbourne which is a street circuit.. and pretty dirty at the beginning of the weekend..

another interesting battle will be the japs vs the french
and if michelin dont come out on top.. it will be a shame
Old 1st March 2005, 21:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Hatari.......... the opposition will have their best shot in the first few races, till the F2005 is launched....... but, you never know, F2005 maynot be that great a car......but then, its Ferrari we are talking about here.......known for making some of the best cars around. Well, i just hope to see a very interesting and challenging season, something like the 2003 season.
Hoping to see McLaren do well, and our very own Narain Karthikeyan do well too.
Old 1st March 2005, 23:22   #3
BHPian

I really hope this season turns out to to be a little more interesting than the last couple of years. Well.. we just have a few more days to go before we find out dont we.
Old 1st March 2005, 23:25   #4
Team-BHP Support

though the 2005 car is yet to be luanched the chances or schumi fairing badly are few , but then there is definately a possibilty.
not a great fan of button but i think schumi should keep an eye on him , as well as home hero MARK WEBBER ( one hell of a driver who can drive a minardi like craziieee , nwe he s got a williams ) apart from the mclarens .
though my all time favourite rubens is a great driver but ferrari team orders can take care of him . . .

manson .
Old 2nd March 2005, 00:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

The first race might be interesting with a good fight. I guess it should be between Ferrari Mclaren Renault and BAR. Willaims have problems currently. The other teams might have a go at Ferrari because they are running an old car but it has happened before that Ferrari has beaten the newer cars with their old car. A point to be noted is that Ferrari will know their car inside out since its old and relaibility is bullet proof. The other teams with new cars wiill still be concerned with relaibility issues especially with that new engine rule.

Well cant wait for the 5 red lights to go out... and the season will be go

Dippy
Old 2nd March 2005, 00:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I really hope this season turns out to to be a little more interesting than the last couple of years.
i guarantee it !
u might have to look beyond the fight for P1 tho..

Quote:
( one hell of a driver who can drive a minardi like craziieee , nwe he s got a williams )
not expecting much from the williams for the first few races..
they screwed up with their windtunnel model.. and there were serious discrepancy in their full scale model..
can u believe that ! not the makings of a top F1 team
Old 2nd March 2005, 00:49   #7
BHPian

It' ll be interesting this season with the new engine and tyre rules...imagine running the qualifying and entire race with a single set of tyres!! that will call for totally different race strategies. and ferrari's continuing with an improved version of the previous car, known as the 2004M for the first four races. And like dippy said, other teams have to watch out for issues like reliability and stuff. lets see what happens.

PS: i cant wait to see how ice and fire (kimi and JPM) get along too.
Old 2nd March 2005, 11:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

I think this season will be interesting to watch as there won't be complete ferrari domination this season because there are very compitative cars like Mclaren, Renault, and BAR Honda. Hope the first race of the season brings out some surprises and also wishing our speedmaster Karthikeyan all the best.
Old 2nd March 2005, 16:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

Difficult to say if it'll happen in Melbourne or not. But Schumacher will be dethroned. Ferrari may have the upper hand because they know the 2004M better. But according to the same logic, the'll have a disadvantage with the F2005 'cos Mclaren Renault have had abt 4 weeks more of testing on their 2005 cars. 3 days until the action begins........can't wait. Go Mclaren Fire vs Ice lol
Old 2nd March 2005, 17:19   #10
BHPian

Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari
3 days to go for the weekend to begin !

so what'd u think guys.. shall the mighty schumacher be dethroned ?
i feel the opposition will get a whiff of a chance till the F2005 is introduced.. which means till imola
beyond that i think we'r back to scarlet domination.. do expect it to be much closer tho

i'm pretty sure mclaren will give him a good fight, running a 3rd car during practice will give them a bit of an edge..
in understanding further how the car reacts to the new rules
esp. in melbourne which is a street circuit.. and pretty dirty at the beginning of the weekend..

another interesting battle will be the japs vs the french
and if michelin dont come out on top.. it will be a shame
I am a great fan of Schumacher. however - my loyalities have changed - I would be watching only Narain K. So my answer is - Yes - Ferrari or Schumacher will be beaten - by Narain K.
Old 2nd March 2005, 17:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puthari
So my answer is - Yes - Ferrari or Schumacher will be beaten - by Narain K.
You kidding right??
Loyalty, patriotism aside........... i dont think that NK will have the chance of winning the grand prix........under normal circumstances, ofcourse... I would hope and pray that he wins, but, chances are really very slim.......... maybe one tenth in a million.

Last edited by shravan316 : 2nd March 2005 at 17:28.
Old 2nd March 2005, 18:01   #12
BHPian

Nk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan316
You kidding right??
Loyalty, patriotism aside........... i dont think that NK will have the chance of winning the grand prix........under normal circumstances, ofcourse... I would hope and pray that he wins, but, chances are really very slim.......... maybe one tenth in a million.
Shravan,

If you pray , Iam with you . I NK wins - you will have F1 coming over to our country very soon .

I was at IndianaPolis last year - watching the people - supporting is a great feel . I could see Minardi supporters too . Japan flag amongst the spectators. While watching the event from the stands - I really missed our flag . While I watched Schumacher LIVE , I realised that I will never be able to Cheer Schumacher with a German Flag over my shoulder ( the person next to me was cheering him with German flag ) . Cheering your country men with your flag is a different feel all together.

I realised - F1 is a sport with so many dynamics - you will find a guy wearing complete Yellow - but carrying Ferrari flag - he will be a brazilian .

A japanese carrying his flag along with a British flag - Sato / BAR. I went up to him - asked who he wished to win the race . He said - Sato then MSchu .

For me it is NK else Mshumacher.
Regards.
Old 3rd March 2005, 02:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I NK wins - you will have F1 coming over to our country very soon .
then it'l never come to india..
what i mean is we have to be realistic
the only way he can can is if we have repeat of monaco 1996 !

all he needs is to put in strong performances.. a top 10 finish will be absolutely amazing
it'l be like winning a race for him

but i will def. cheer for him.. he's no.2 after Jarno
looking forward to seeing indians flag at a GP !

Last edited by Hatari : 3rd March 2005 at 02:19.
Old 3rd March 2005, 15:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

Schumi rules! If he has to be beaten, let it be by JPM or Alonso. Let's all pray for NK to finish in top 8.
Old 3rd March 2005, 16:23   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Schumi rules! If he has to be beaten, let it be by JPM or Alonso. Let's all pray for NK to finish in top 8.
RX135!
JPM ? I wish he finish the race - let alone win :-) .

Last edited by puthari : 3rd March 2005 at 16:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks