Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2005, 15:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari - power is going to their heads

i cant understand why they'r doign what they are..
they'r becoming arrogant and selfish

first the whole minardi saga.. and not allowing them to race
( i hope stoddart can change todd'd mind by tonight )
then they break testing rules.. and continue to test the F2005

what next ?
but thats why i hate them..
Old 3rd March 2005, 16:19   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Not to mention, they conveniently ditched the GPWC this year and joined hands with Bernie Ecclestone...after a line of battles and blasting. $$$$$ is everything.

GTO
Old 3rd March 2005, 16:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

I feel they should give support to Minardi to race . After all they are a compatriot Italian team . The more cars on the grid the better for the sport.

Success does get to you and big bucks mean everything but then thats the rule of the world..

The more money you have the more powerful you are

Dippy
Old 4th March 2005, 23:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari have certainly reached a point where they think they are bigger than F1. I empathise with them on the Minardi issue. But the testing and joining Ecclestone (the greedy pig)? Not to mention that they have admitted that they get a much better financial deal from Ecclestone than the others. The kind of comments that Jean Todt made about that issue are shameful. Given the chance, I'd personally put a bullet through his head. I am waiting to see the faces of Todt, Brawn and Luca di shthead when the Ferrari dominance ends.

Hats off to you Hatari for starting such a topic!

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th March 2005 at 03:47.
Old 5th March 2005, 00:02   #5
Team-BHP Support

Things are never what they seem. Don't blame ferrari, there are other reasons beyond this. Whether Ferrari signs or not is not the deciding factor.
Old 5th March 2005, 00:25   #6
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Not to mention, they conveniently ditched the GPWC this year and joined hands with Bernie Ecclestone...after a line of battles and blasting. $$$$$ is everything.

GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
Ferrari have certainly reached a point where they think they are bigger than F1. But the testing and joining Ecclestone (the greedy pig)? Not to mention that they have admitted that they get a much better financial deal from Ecclestone than the others. The kind of comments that Jean Todt made about that issue are shameful. Given the chance, I'd personally put a bullet through his head. I am waiting to see the faces of Todt, Brawn and Luca di ****head when the Ferrari dominance ends.

Hats off to you Hatari for starting such a topic!

Jean Todt said Ferrari was on the verge of quitting F1 last year because it was short on funds im searching for article where i read it. So IF Ferrari make this deal then its obvious, they were in need of it. And mind you its not yet drafted. And the money is going to be divided among all teams and not alone Ferrari.
And Ferrari was the only team if im not wrong to oppose the testing rule (was that a rule?)
Its easy to blame Ferrari because the spotlight is always on them. People hate their dominance and thats why they are always on a lookout for an opportunity to blame them for no reasons.
And how is testing of F2005 related to F2004M?

If $$$$ is everything then hell yeah it is everything.

Last edited by F50 : 5th March 2005 at 00:26.
Old 6th March 2005, 02:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
But the testing and joining Ecclestone (the greedy pig)?
Greedy pig?

C'mon man, he's just an extremely astute, shrewd businessman!
Old 7th March 2005, 21:35   #8
BANNED

GEEZ... all you guys do is moan and groan... "ferrari this and ferrari that"..... where were all you guys for the 17 odd years when they were languishing at the tail end of the field.... the least you guys can do is appreciate the genius that is FERRARI...
Old 7th March 2005, 22:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the least you guys can do is appreciate the genius that is FERRARI...
I agree . The Ferraris were no where years ago. They even struggled to finish leave alone winning a race. Schumacher became their drivers champion after 21 long years. Why dont we all just enjoy the piece of history we are witnessing at this moment. What Ferrari and MS are doing at the moment is somethijg special and will be very difficult to repeat by someone else in the future. Many years down the line when you will be watching F1 with ur kids and grandkids and someone mentions the "Ferrari-Schumacher Era" you will be proud and say "YES I WAS THERE. I SAW IT HAPPEN".

I'm sure many will agree.

One DNF and everyone has started saying its all ending for Ferrari and Schumi. Well havet they been in that position before? And well Rubens came second in an old car . Dont write them off just yet this is just beginning .. lets see what happens once the F2005 will be unleashed on track

Dippy
Old 8th March 2005, 01:20   #10
Senior - BHPian

i do appreciate that they'r the best F1 team at the moment..
but do spare a thought for the unsporting behaviour & breaking of rules

Quote:
Many years down the line when you will be watching F1 with ur kids and grandkids and someone mentions the "Ferrari-Schumacher Era" you will be proud and say "YES I WAS THERE. I SAW IT HAPPEN".
dont think so..
schumi winning the championship in a benetton in 94 & 95 in a car that was super difficult to drive is a much bigger achievement than winning in the best car and the best team..with no. 1 status in it
Old 8th March 2005, 03:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari
dont think so..
schumi winning the championship in a benetton in 94 & 95 in a car that was super difficult to drive is a much bigger achievement than winning in the best car and the best team..with no. 1 status in it

Exactly! I am just baffled by the number of people that think Schumacher is GOD himself. There are so many drivers in F1 that could match if not beat Schumacher given equal machinery. This doesn't mean that Schumacher is not a good driver. But i find it hard to respect a driver whose contract and team allows him to take his team-mate's car hours before the start of a race because it has a better set-up.

Last edited by Deeps : 8th March 2005 at 03:14.
Old 8th March 2005, 09:04   #12
BHPian

Everyone here by now probably knows I'm not the best Ferrari person, but my views on this are completely unbiased right now. Ferrari are acting incredibly selfish right now in terms of the sport. They have received extra money. Agreed, GPWC even offered them more money, but they have received somewhere around 60 million dollars more than the next highest contendor. Now if that doesn't make them better then what does??? Bernie and Mosley are trying to reduce the gap in the field so as to make it more interesting, while they are paying them more so they can increase their testing abilities, and make their already amazing cars even more amazing and ahead of the field!!!! I agree with the GPWC. Dennis said that they were going to pay him more but not frickin $60 mil!!! He also stated that F1/GPWC require Ferrari to be there.
BUT In the end what would you rather go and see, Ferrari against some new small time compnies who don't even know the first thing about racing, or the other 9 teams (McLaren, Williams, Renault etc.) racing against each other without Ferrari present??? I saw bring on GPWC 2008!!!!!!!!
Or one possible thing Bernie could do is say that OK! out of the 60 mil extra, only 10-20 mil can be used for testing purposes. The rest is as royalty.

Also, people criticising Ferrari right now are just happy that for once they get to b**ch about Ferrari rather than the other way around But Ferrari will most definitely bounce back. From what I have read though is that even Ferrari are troubled by the situation and are planning to introduce F2005 about 2-3 races earlier than planned. Anyways, in this season, I wouldn't mind if Schumacher wins as long as atleast there is something interesting in the standings till the last race. AND I don't mean in 3-4-5 positions or such but between McLaren, Ferrari and Renault as most people wouldn't really be supportive even if some other team performed extremely well.
Old 8th March 2005, 11:59   #13
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari
dont think so..

Ok first things first, it was trully great achievement winning in Benetton and that car was really difficult to drive.

In 1996 he enters Ferrari. What was Ferrari at that time?
Ferrari wins following races -

1994 - Gerhard Berger (1 win)
1995 - Jean Alesi (1 win)
1996* - MS (3 wins)
1997* - MS (5 wins)
1998* - MS (5 wins)
1999* - MS/Eddie (5 wins)

And do i need to list about wins in 2000-01-02-03-04 ?

Ferrari were just able to win only 1 race and when MS came it started to improve.
So the position they are in right now its all because of Michael Schumacher, Ross Brawn. Jean Todt.
So, if they are winning its all because of their hardwork.
They have EARNED the NO. 1 STATUS LET THEM ENJOY IT.
Old 8th March 2005, 12:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

Actually, as I remember it, the Benetton cars should have been easier to drive than today's F1 cars. Don't forget they had virtually unrestricted electronics on them (they even had active suspension) plus they had wider, full slick racing tyres that would have made it easier to put the power down than today's grooved-slicks. Plus, the engines didn't produce quite as much power as the 900 odd bhp that the top teams are managing today, so IMHO those cars were probably easier to push to the limit than today's F1 cars.
Old 8th March 2005, 12:43   #15
Senior - BHPian

What was truly admirable was that MS managed to win his first championship in a clearly underpowered Benetton Ford V8 against the all-conquering Williams Renault V10.

Perhaps Hakinnen's first title-year was also one of MS' better years because the McMerc that year was also clearly superior to MS' Ferrari, and still he put up a brave challenge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks