Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2005, 08:08   #1
zen
BHPian

Melbourne 2005 - Thursday press conference snippet

(Mike Doodson) Question for Michael, as the GPDA representative. Narain, through no fault of his own, had done no driving from the end of the season that he did in Europe last year, until he sat in the Jordan for the first time, and I think he’s done three or possibly four days while the rest of you have been testing at every possible opportunity. Do you feel apprehensive at all that you’re racing against someone who has got so little experience in Formula One?

Mark Webber: I think Narain has done a lot of junior categories. He’s done many years in Europe so that’s healthy. What frightens me is if someone comes in very very quickly with really limited running – of course, he’s had limited running in a Formula One car but I think he knows where his mirrors are and he’s sensible about how he goes about his business. He’s a good little driver and he will do his best with what he has.

Michael Schumacher: Obviously I think he himself would have wished to have more running availability, but that’s not the case. I’m pretty sure… as I saw him in Barcelona during the test and I looked a little bit at him but he did a good job there. Obviously with the speed of the car he had to watch his mirrors quite a bit and he did so. He respected everything perfectly well so I think he’s capable of doing so. Race and test situations are slightly different but I believe he’s doing a good job. (Turns to Karthikeyan) Don’t you?

Narain Karthikeyan: I think so, yes! (Laughter)

Rest of the interview is at:
Part 1
Part 2
Old 4th March 2005, 13:15   #2
BHPian

From the last update on the Friday practise i got to know was that Narain stood 19th today....with his time being approx 2 secs off the fastest. Lets keep our fingers crossed for him and pray he has a good race and he enjoys himself

Cheers!!!

->P
Old 4th March 2005, 13:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

He also got fined for exceeding the pit lane speed limit. Hope he doesnt commit such errors in the future

Dippy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks