Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2008, 19:37   #1
BHPian

Kimi offered test drive by Ford WRC

Hi All,

Ford's rally boss Malcolm Wilson has offered Ferrari's F1 star Kimi Raikkonen a go in a WRC car.

Speaking to Motorsport News, Wilson said: "I'd offer him a test. It'd be a great opportunity for us. "We can do it because we've got the forest [stages] on our doorstep." Ford's rally HQ is in Cumbria.
Kimi is suffering a disappointing F1 season, prompting speculation that he will retire at the end of the year. He has also stated recently that he would be interested in rallying when he quits F1.
Kimi? In a WRC car? We'd pay to see that...

WRC news - Kimi offered WRC test - 2008 - News - Top Gear

Regards,
Sajan
Old 8th August 2008, 19:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hi All,

Ford's rally boss Malcolm Wilson has offered Ferrari's F1 star Kimi Raikkonen a go in a WRC car.

Speaking to Motorsport News, Wilson said: "I'd offer him a test. It'd be a great opportunity for us. "We can do it because we've got the forest [stages] on our doorstep." Ford's rally HQ is in Cumbria.
Kimi is suffering a disappointing F1 season, prompting speculation that he will retire at the end of the year. He has also stated recently that he would be interested in rallying when he quits F1.

WRC news - Kimi offered WRC test - 2008 - News - Top Gear

Regards,
Sajan
He might take the test drive, but he will not retire so fast and join the WRC he is going to comeback on to the top like a Phoenix, keep watching...
Old 8th August 2008, 22:56   #3
BHPian

A couple of wins in the next few rounds and Kimi will be too busy trying to win his second title - I doubt if taking time off for a WRC test drive at such a crucial stage would be approved by Ferrari. I even doubt if Kimi wants that distraction. It would be counter productive to his campaign.
Old 9th August 2008, 12:27   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
He might take the test drive, but he will not retire so fast and join the WRC he is going to comeback on to the top like a Phoenix, keep watching...
I doubt that, he is loosing interest for sure, his primary goal was to win championship but not multiple times I believe. In the last GP it was very clear that his interest sprung back only after say around 40 laps !!
Old 9th August 2008, 13:18   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I hope not in his current form. The guy is just too moody and seems to be totally unmotivated now.
Old 9th August 2008, 14:41   #6
BANNED

Disappointing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Kimi is suffering a disappointing F1 season,
Disappointing?
I definitely don't think so. He is currently 2nd in drivers' championship points, still has some more good GPs ahead in this season and he is known to come back from his slomber mood by surprise.
Only negative thing I see in this season from him is a lack of confidency. As GTO mentioned, he needs a bit more motivation and I'm sure Ferrari will take care of it soon.

But we will be really happy to see him driving a WRC course. It will be great to see the ICEman in a real world rallying scenario.
Old 9th August 2008, 15:16   #7
BHPian

may be then we can see THE iceman keep his cool on ice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks