Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2005, 23:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Well now I wouldn't call Alonso the future Michael Schumacher, coz there is this one guy who has always dreamt of a seat in Ferrari. Giancarlo Fisichella. My assumption, Ferrari may hire him soon after Schumi retires.
Old 5th April 2005, 23:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F 50
He'll do anything to save his pride and ego and this makes him the best.
Reminds me of Villeneuve incident in 1997. That was the only time i saw a driver being disqualified from the championship.

The GP was brilliant inspite of the new rules. DLRosa by far the man of the race. It was great to see Mclaren finally achieveing the bare minimum that the car is capable of. If only the they can get the qualyfying in order.

Despite the pace of the new ferrari, i still think it lags behind renault and mclaren in terms of outright pace...and lets just ignore the reliability for now. Ferrari Fans:"There is nothing wrong with the car. Its the crappy bridgestones". True to a large extent. But it was ferrari who wanted an exclusive relationship with bridgestone so let's let them reap the rewards. No doubt ferrari will improve the car but so will Renault. And Renault have now gotten more motivation than ever before with the hat-trick of victories. IMO, ferrari's glory days are over and Renault are the new champions. This is not what i would've predicted upto the Bahrain GP. the only way i can see ferrari notching the championship is by exploiting their close relationship with Mosley in an unfair manner....remember the photographic evidence of Michelins chainging size during the race in 2003??
Old 5th April 2005, 23:37   #18
BHPian

well Gordon, Fisichella is quite more experienced & has been around since many years, whereas Alonso made his was 4 years back in a minardi & has come up a long way since then. & his driving style is really a good balance between agggresive & defensive. so he can really perform given a good car. also, mark webber comes in no.2 & montoya no.3 for me. but Williams are not having their way this season as of now!
Old 6th April 2005, 10:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

I'd still say Fisichella is better than Alonso for the reason that he's been good in any car given to him. See his past results and they are good, very good. He's won a race this year too. He was Schumacher's partner once too. Alonso is good no doubt.

The one person right now I'd want to see winning is Takuma Sato, he's got SUPER potential. If given a proper competitive car, Alonso is DEAD!
Old 6th April 2005, 13:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He was Schumacher's partner once too.
think u have him confused with someone else

Quote:
If given a proper competitive car, Alonso is DEAD!
ure kidding right !
he had a good car in 2004 and jenson destroyed him
Old 6th April 2005, 13:46   #21
Team-BHP Support

Ferrari are playing a game of catch up at the moment. But, writing them off as "has beens" is plain foolish. 16 races to go in the season means 16 more potential problem races for any team out there.

Yes, Renault look unstoppable at the moment and I personally am happy to see them as well as Toyota on the podium at each race. However that does not mean I am also happy to see Ferrari, or any other team struggle. The same people who wore Ferrari hats when they were winning have decided to switch over to Renault now. Its always the case. The crowd loves a winner and are happy to give their loyalty to the flavour of the season.

Ferrari not winning the Championship in 2005 would not be the end of them. On the contrary, it would make Schumi and his merry men even more hungry to fight back in 2006. You can see the fire Schumi still has in him. It showed clearly when he saw his qualifying position fall to P2 in Bahrain. That was not the look of a person who has given up and is contemplating retirement.

Infact, I think Schumi wanted this to happen, maybe on a subconsious level. He now has more of a reason than ever to stick with Ferrari for 2006 and prove that he still is the best driver out there, even without the best machinery. If they get back to their winning ways next year and Micheal wins the Championship again, THAT will be the swansong for, arguably, one of Formula 1's greatest drivers.
Old 6th April 2005, 22:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari

ure kidding right !
he had a good car in 2004 and jenson destroyed him
Do remember that Renault stopped developing the R24 well before the end of season. That decision seems to be paying off now. For some unknown reason, i think Alonso was lacking motivation throughout 2004 inspite of having a great seasonm in 2003.
Old 7th April 2005, 00:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do remember that Renault stopped developing the R24 well before the end of season.
didnt get that mate..
thought we were talking about the BAR drivers

Last edited by Hatari : 7th April 2005 at 00:32.
Old 7th April 2005, 11:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
He was Schumacher's partner once too. Alonso is good no doubt.
The one person right now I'd want to see winning is Takuma Sato, he's got SUPER potential. If given a proper competitive car, Alonso is DEAD!
You must be refferring to Ralf Schumacher there .... Right

Well give a competetive car to any of the drivers on the grid including our own Narain and Minardi drivers then ,EVERYONE will kill Alonso ....
Old 7th April 2005, 16:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari
didnt get that mate..
thought we were talking about the BAR drivers
What i was saying is that because renault stopped developing their car, Bar and Button were able to overtake renault/Alonso in championship.
Old 7th April 2005, 18:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
What i was saying is that because renault stopped developing their car, Bar and Button were able to overtake renault/Alonso in championship.
another reason that i can think of is that Jarno Trulli and Flavio fell out with each other and Trulli started having brain fades during the Races and mysteriously started sliding from top to bottom end of the grid
Old 8th April 2005, 16:35   #27
BHPian

schumi is the best yaar!!i missed out the last race because there was power failure here and was raining heavily...Hope the f2005 car will come in form ..Alonso is a great driver but he lacks exprience than schumi. i think alonso is the youngest driver in the grid now.. i .Correct me if am wrong..Alonso has the potential to become a super champion like schumi.. ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks