Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2008, 17:40   #61
BHPian

Instead of tweaking the qualifying rules,I guess FOTA can seriously consider Bernie's suggestion for handing out medal's(Gold\Silver\Bronze) to drivers instead of the current point system.At the end of the season,the driver with most number of Gold's is the champion.This would eradicate the driving for points system and the drivers would be aggressive throughout the season.But points would be awarded as per current norms to decide the Constructor's.

The point is,will the teams agree to this and how many here consider this to be a good move?
Old 24th November 2008, 19:53   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
All 20 cars would enter the circuit with low levels of fuel for a 14-lap sprint, with the slowest car eliminated after each lap.
Would the qualifying session itself have a starting order since all 22 cars would be on the track at the same time ? And, with so many cars going all-out at the same time, they'll be tripping up over each others' feet a lot !

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
During a short break, the surviving six cars will then return to the pits for new tyres and fuel and then compete for pole position and a world championship point.
OMG What next, points for most laps lead ?

Last edited by im_srini : 24th November 2008 at 19:55.
Old 26th November 2008, 14:33   #63
Senior - BHPian

Santander confirm move to Ferrari for 2010

F1SA - Motor Sport News - F1 : Santander Bank wants Fernando Alonso at Ferrari
Old 26th November 2008, 15:54   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Santander confirm move to Ferrari for 2010
As long as they don't force alonso to join, i don't mind. I know banco satander will pull strings, but i have always hated alonso. My loyalty with ferrari will be in the doldrums if alonso joins the team!
Old 26th November 2008, 16:13   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
As long as they don't force alonso to join, i don't mind. I know banco satander will pull strings, but i have always hated alonso. My loyalty with ferrari will be in the doldrums if alonso joins the team!
+1 to what Tejas just said
Old 26th November 2008, 16:58   #66
BHPian

Red Bull to buy out Berger at Toro Rosso

Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz has announced plans to buy back Gerhard Berger’s 50 percent stake in Toro Rosso, returning full control of the team to the energy drinks giant. Mateschitz had previously stated he planned to sell off his half.

“I’m very grateful to Gerhard for his enormous input,” said Mateschitz. “Together we have made Toro Rosso a team which, from 2008 onwards, will regularly qualify for the top ten and collect championship points.”

Toro Rosso was created when Red Bull purchased the Minardi team in 2005 to serve as a ‘junior’ squad to its main Red Bull Racing concern. Ex-F1 driver Berger took a 50 percent stake in 2006 and this season has seen Toro Rosso regularly outperform its ‘senior’ sibling, scoring a maiden win at the Italian Grand Prix.

Subject to approval by competition authorities, Red Bull will again take over the 50% share of the Formula 1 Team Toro Rosso that has been owned by Berger Motorsport since 2006. The two friends Dietrich Mateschitz and Gerhard Berger have led their joint motorsports project, which emerged from the former Minardi Team, to its greatest success to date. The first win in the team’s 25 year history was celebrated at the Italian Grand Prix together with Sebastian Vettel, one of the Red Bull Driver Search Program’s biggest talents. In the Formula 1 World Constructors’ Championship, the Scuderia Toro Rosso achieved sixth (6) place in this year’s season.
Old 26th November 2008, 16:59   #67
BHPian

LG Electronics becomes a Global Partner of Formula 1

LG Electronics (LG), a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, announced Wednesday that it has signed an agreement to become a Global Partner of Formula 1™ and a Technology Partner of Formula 1™.

As part of this top level association LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official Consumer Electronics, Mobile Phone and Data Processor of Formula 1™. The multi-year agreement runs from January 2009.

“Formula One represents the absolute peak of technological innovation and style, which is also our vision for the LG Electronics brand,” said Dermot Boden, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of LG Electronics. “We feel the excitement and electricity of F1 is unmatched by any sport, and we feel the same passion and energy here at LG.”

“LG is a leader in its field, it pioneers cutting edge technology, delivering innovation and excellence in a stylish package, which is what Formula 1 is about too,” said Bernie Ecclestone, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Formula One Group. “We have so much in common, I am very excited to begin our association and look forward to the technology solutions they can bring to us also.”

As the Official Data Processor of Formula 1™ LG will be identified and credited on the official live timing service at Formula One events and in the associated timing and data TV graphics. They will also enjoy a comprehensive package of premium marketing rights worldwide in association with the Formula 1™ brand.
Old 26th November 2008, 19:27   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You could cheer for the other driver - Massa or Raikkonen (whoever is in the team then). Still, I feel Alonso is one man who can give Ferrari another era of domination. However, if Alonso causes trouble like he did in his McLaren days, Ferrari could be in trouble.
Both the current Ferrari drivers have to put up strong performances in 2009 if they want to keep Alonso out.
While I'm a McLaren fan to the core, I don't hate Ferrari. I'll cheer for Alonso even if he joins Ferrari, just like I did for Michael Schumacher. Alonso may be a cry baby, but, he's a superb driver - probably the best of the current lot.
cheers:
Old 26th November 2008, 19:34   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
While I'm a McLaren fan to the core, I don't hate Ferrari. I'll cheer for Alonso even if he joins Ferrari, just like I did for Michael Schumacher.
I wish i were as "nobel" as you! The amounts of fights i have had with my friends chiding Alonso, it would be sacrilege for me now to see him in a ferrari!
BTW, you coming for the F1 thing on sunday?
Old 3rd December 2008, 15:59   #70
Senior - BHPian

Interesting news from AFCA a credible source in the Atlas F1 forum.

Quote:
Force India's 2009 launch was to be held in one of the hotels in Mumbai that has been attacked the past week. It would be pretty bad for Mallya if the attacks are going to have serious economic consequences. Especially since the Indian billionare spends a lot of his own money on the team and is already experiencing financial difficulties.

In the third quarter of 2008 his airline Kingfisher had a 90% greater loss than was the was the case the third quarter in 2007. Mallya has already had to say goodbye to his plan of making Kingfisher more profitable by taking it to the stock exchange in 2009. Instead he 'refreshes' the airline with parts of the profits from his beer company that has the same name.

Kingfisher beer is indeed successful internationally, yet it's not a botomless pit of gold. The initial investment of € 710 million in the Scottish Whyte & Mackay has to be amortised.

Force India is a team that has said goodbye to small sponsors and lives with the financial backing of a handful of industrial multinationals. This has lead to the income of € 60 million from external sponsors (dating back from Spyker period) having shrunk to a third of that. Mallya would have a bigger funding gap than expected, we're talking about a € 100 million loss of Kingfisher Airline here.

The income from the Concorde Agreement only covers € 40 million. The week before last Mallya talked about possible fund raising in a pressconference...that was held in the Trident Oberoi hotel, the other one that was attacked in Mumbai last week.
I guess its a Do/Die year 2009 for Mallya! I wish him all the best!
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:03   #71
BANNED

Though i am a diehard Ferrari fan, i wish Force India all the best for the coming year.

Indiaaaaaa. India....
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:12   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Though i am a diehard Ferrari fan, i wish Force India all the best for the coming year.

Indiaaaaaa. India....
+1.

I absolutely and thoroughly second your opinion!

I think force india cars should have some anti-terror slogan on them too...
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:24   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think force india cars should have some anti-terror slogan on them too...
Would be great if Mallya does it!
Old 3rd December 2008, 16:42   #74
Senior - BHPian

Alonso could quit F1 in 2010 - reason ? The standard engine rule !

Alonso could quit over engine rules - F1 | ITV Sport
Old 3rd December 2008, 19:50   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Alonso could quit F1 in 2010 - reason ? The standard engine rule !

Alonso could quit over engine rules - F1 | ITV Sport
Its not just Alonso .Ferrari and Toyota amongst others, have both said they would quit if they had to go to anyone single engine supplier.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed