Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2008, 11:15   #16
BANNED

Ferrari will use an FIA spec MultiJet engine but only after every other manufacturer has used it for the first 5 races.

McLaren will be accused of stealing the engine design until they pull out an invoice showing they actually paid for it.

Totally OT, by the way.
Old 7th November 2008, 11:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Ferrari boss was just poking some fun on Hammy!
He does these things always !! remember after the Singapore GP he said that the entire race was a real circus.

To this Bernie replied him, thanking him for providing the Clowns (drivers) remember Massa's pitstop and Kimi 's crash.
Old 7th November 2008, 12:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

But what if it was otherwise as Luca suggests. Imagine if Hamilton lost it again by a single point!

It was a funny quote from the Boss and he has given the credit for Hamilton's acheivement! I dont find a reason to be fuming about it.

Hope you folks remember Ron's quote about Kubica's nose when he was asked about his opinion on Kubica working out to lose weight! This is nothing as bad as that!
Old 7th November 2008, 12:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

In a way what the Ferrari boss has said is true. Just imagine Lewis's state of mind if Massa had won. But hey it's just a joke and I personally don't find it offending.
Old 7th November 2008, 13:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Yes he may have (although in my mind, you are the king of wishful thinking).
However, schumi will always be schumi no matter what in the same way as senna, hill or hakkinen were. They are all legends on their own right. Lewis may break a record, but not replace the icon!
P.S. Pavan said there's no magic without schumi, not that no one can break his record.
Dont let the British or German media dictate your views. Hakinnen was no legend nor was Hill. Schumi was fast no doubt but his on track antics were questionable. Parking the car in qualifying after setting the fastest lap to not let Alonso be on pole, to hitting Hill to deny him the championship, he did that all. Having said that, he was one of the fastest drivers were have seen. Only to be beaten by even better driver in the fag end of his career. No other than Alonso. Hami is fast, Hami is aggresive, but Hami has a chink in his armor, he cracks under pressure. He almost lost the championship twice in two years with the fastest car, and an unsurmountable lead.
Alonso is the leader in the current field with a mediocre car. Give him a better machine and he would set the track on fire.
Old 7th November 2008, 13:55   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Dont let the British or German media dictate your views
Last time i read a german paper was a year ago and a british one 2 years ago. No one influences my views and if that is so, i think all ferrari and schumi fans here have a pretty bad brain to be influenced by media!!!

Quote:
Hakinnen was no legend nor was Hill.
I'll let someone else get you for that one.
P.S. You forgot Senna in your driver bashing!

Alonso is no doubt a good driver (albeit a cry baby one) and may be a legend on his own right someday. But no one is gonna forget schumi anytime soon.
Old 7th November 2008, 14:14   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quit arguing, you guys. Not even a week has passed since the 2008 season was over. Forget the 2009 racing season, year 2009 is still not here. I don't want to see 50 pages of unnecessary arguments even before the season starts. It will only result in a closed thread.
Old 7th November 2008, 14:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Dont let the British or German media dictate your views. Hakinnen was no legend nor was Hill. Schumi was fast no doubt but his on track antics were questionable. Parking the car in qualifying after setting the fastest lap to not let Alonso be on pole, to hitting Hill to deny him the championship, he did that all. Having said that, he was one of the fastest drivers were have seen. Only to be beaten by even better driver in the fag end of his career. No other than Alonso. Hami is fast, Hami is aggresive, but Hami has a chink in his armor, he cracks under pressure. He almost lost the championship twice in two years with the fastest car, and an unsurmountable lead.
Alonso is the leader in the current field with a mediocre car. Give him a better machine and he would set the track on fire.
Alonso is a good driver, there is no question about that. But when did he beat Michael?

In 2005, the single tyre rule period where all the bridgestones runners were suffering.

In 2006, when most of the Bridgestones were still under recovery phase. That too the 248F1 caught up Renault & Alonso only recovering through the mid of the season.

I remember Michael's quote post the CanadianGP that they are lost for that season. And when Michael fought back to get the lead back on the Championship towards the JapaneseGP, Alonso started complaining at Renault for possibily sabotaging his car! Thats Alonso for you!

Way to go my friend! Michael is the greatest driver ever and he is the legend. None of the drivers on the current grid can be compared to him!
Old 7th November 2008, 14:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

I cant understand why Michael is still being talked about. He is no longer on the scene. Plus I think there is a thread somewhere on the forum for discussing whether he was/is the greatest or not.

I am a Michael fan myself but I don't see any point in his being discussed here. Unless you want this thread to be locked up & closed.
Old 7th November 2008, 14:51   #25
BANNED

Hey, you guys sure M Schumacher's first name is spelt Michael? I see lots of Micheal Schumacher jackets in Bangalore.

What is the point of this thread? The teams are yet to be announced. The driver line-up is yet to be announced. For next year.
Old 7th November 2008, 14:58   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Hey, you guys sure M Schumacher's first name is spelt Michael? I see lots of Micheal Schumacher jackets in Bangalore.
Mich-E-al is spelt in fake jackets.

Mich-A-el is right. In germany though, i've heard many people pronounce it as mic-hail. (mic as in mic-key mouse and not mike)
Old 7th November 2008, 16:01   #27
Senior - BHPian

Drivers & Teams for 2009

Ferrari:
Kimi Raikkonen - Confirmed
Felipe Massa - Confirmed

Mclaren:
Lewis Hamilton - Confirmed
Heikki Kovalainen - Confirmed

Renault:
Fernando Alonso - Confirmed
Nelson Piquet JR - Confirmed

BMW:
Robert Kubica - Confirmed
Nick Heidfeld - Confirmed

RedBull Renault:
Mark Webber - Confirmed
Sebastian Vettel - Confirmed

Scuderia Torro Rosso:
Sebastien Bourdais - To be confirmed
??? - - To be confirmed

Honda:
Jenson Button - To be confirmed
Rubens Barrichello - To be confirmed

Force India:
Giancarlo Fisichella - Confirmed
Adrian Sutil - Confirmed

Toyota:
Timo Glock - Confirmed
Jarno Trulli - Confirmed

Williams:
Nico Rosberg - To be confirmed
Kazuki Nakajima - To be confirmed

Hope I have put the right status here!

There are even speculations that there is a storming re-org happening in Mclaren Mercedes. Ron infact hinted at a different role for next season.
Old 7th November 2008, 16:19   #28
BHPian

2 more championsip wins and Hamilton gets to take home a Mclaren F1 LM! Quite a challenge, but then quite a reward as well
Old 8th November 2008, 16:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

Force India snaps ties with Ferrari, may get the engine from Mclaren!

More here: Force India snaps ties with Ferrari
Old 8th November 2008, 19:24   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Force India snaps ties with Ferrari, may get the engine from Mclaren!
Force India is were a lot of action is taking place !! Mallya has implemented a management reshuffle, Mike Gascoyne and Colin Kolles have left the team this puts the end to the friction between Mallya and Gascoyne. here is the source Gascoyne and Kolles split with Force India - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com

I think Ron will remain in Mclaren else still we can see him in the paddock. Martin will succeed him nevertheless.

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 8th November 2008 at 19:25. Reason: link update
Closed Thread

Most Viewed