Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

View Poll Results: whats ur choice and who do u think will win the moto gp this year
F1 8 23.53%
MOTO GP 13 38.24%
WRC 11 32.35%
rossi 19 55.88%
sete 2 5.88%
biaggi 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2005, 03:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

you never know what will happen in moto gp and we saw that for ourselves so iguess at the moment its the most interesting thing to watch.
Old 20th April 2005, 11:17   #17
BHPian

WRC, then F1 and then MotoGP
and Rossi will win the Moto GP as last year again
Old 20th April 2005, 12:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

It would have to be F1 and Moto GP for me.

If it was the last F1 season one could call it boring because there was no action even thought I'm a Schumi fan. But if you go by the season this year its anything but boring . We have teams like Renault and Toyota coming up and I'm especially happy to see Toyota getting there, that was bound to happen. I would really like to see them win a race this season this year which I'm sure they will. Of course I do want the Championship to be won by Schumi and Ferrari but with good competition.

Moto GP is really exciting and the excitement doesnt stop till the last lap is over and thats something you dont get to really see in F1 nowadays. Though Rossi at Honda was great, I like seeing him at Yamaha too.

Dippy
Old 25th April 2005, 17:08   #19
BHPian

MotoGP has the best racing...WRC is just too awesome....but for me its F1
Been watching it for 10+ years so hard to quit that habit now...
Old 25th April 2005, 18:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

I really enjoy all of them, but F1 just got better this season because of no Ferrari dominance. Would love to see Alonso become the Champion.
Old 26th April 2005, 00:37   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
I voted for motogp/rossi. in F1 you dont get wheel to wheel racing all that much. its more of a foregone conclusion after 20 or 25 laps. but not with motogp. the race is wide open till the very last lap!
Took the words right from my mouth . Yes for this obvious reason Moto gp is more exciting , thrilling . But having said that you cant rule out F1 , espically this season as the ferrari dominance seems to be a history.. SSHHH ......... May be i said it tooo early .

Last edited by Beemer : 26th April 2005 at 00:53.
Old 4th May 2005, 14:39   #22

I enjoy watching both F1 & Motor GP. But for excitement Motor GP for the same reasons given by members input before me. I don't have Cable TV & can't receive F1 & Motor GP
programs so I have to check up the viewing times & go over to my brother-in laws house to view the programs live. Rossi - Dry, Wet, Wet & Dry, is the King as far as I'm concerned.
OJ suprised me in the rain in Shanghai. Casey Stoner is the next Doohan. It's becoming more & more exciting.
Old 4th May 2005, 14:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
what do you think is more interesting to watch.
its like what do you like eyes,ears or mouth.

I like to watch with any race which has wheels ,motor....oil...
Old 4th May 2005, 15:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Its WRC for me(My kind of Driving ) then comes MotoGp & Rossi.
Old 4th May 2005, 16:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
I really enjoy all of them, but F1 just got better this season because of no Ferrari dominance. Would love to see Alonso become the Champion.

i used to watch a lot of wrc and a bit of F1 but since its getting better now im into F1 too !!

rev
Old 10th November 2007, 23:59   #26
BHPian

Motogp OR F1

For many seasons prior to 2007 I have been slowly drawn away from F1 by the magic of Motogp. This season turned the tables and F1's got the charm back. Thanks to Hamilton, Stepneygate etc etc. Also thanks to Mr.Casey stoner and Bridgestones.

Now, my question is which is better among the two? I watch both and enjoy. There is absolutely no way that I would want to miss any. Nevertheless, here are some differentiators from my perspective

Motogp Positives:
1) More overtakings in a race than a whole season of F1
2) No team mate favoritisms
3) Great post race celebrations. A wheelie or a burnout sure beats the hand waving and fist pumping of F1

Motogp drawbacks:
1) Not as glamorous as F1
2) Not many stars

F1 Positives:
1) More class and charm than motogp
2) Great history and heros
3) Competetive privateer teams- Williams, Redbull which add some spice to the action
3) The awesome sound of an f1 engine- If the word "power" should be represented by a sound, then this must be it.

F1 negatives:
1) Too much dependency on machine and less of a factor of man.
2) Too many politics and big mouths.

Guy's your inputs please
Old 12th November 2007, 12:35   #27
BHPian

If both of them were top be aired at the same time, I would find it very difficult to watch one knowing that the other is being "run" and I cannot see it. I guess I will watch the race which is more exciting, but I tend to stick to F1 since I follow it so closely.
Old 25th November 2007, 21:46   #28
BHPian

Watchin Races started for me when I was in 8th Standard and the year was 1997 I guess...
I was jus scanning through the 4-5 TV channels that were available at that time; and on star sports the 125cc race was goin on. I still remember that it was the Imola Grand Prix and I paused to take a look because the way the commentators were goin ga ga over a rider's absolute magical riding.
Your guess is as good as mine, it was Valentino Rossi, ridin a 125cc machine then in his second year of grand prix racing.
Since then, I am following motoGP and Vale. Also, my interest in F1 grew alongside motoGP and I still consider myself very lucky to've watched some of the F1s best ever drivers like Schumi, Mika Hakkinen, Juan Pablo, David Coulthard(still goin great) and yes our own fastest Indian in the world...

But, motoGP still is my favourite because of only Valentino Rossi...
Old 28th November 2007, 00:01   #29
BHPian

yeah bikes have always been better to watch, closer racing.But theres somthing to be said for watching 100bhp cars like the Gp C & F1 's of the turbo era...

Most Viewed