Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2005, 23:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the bottomline is : age counts man.
rather than being a schumi vs alonso issue..
i think it to be more of a ferrari vs renault issue

no doubt alonso is the next in line to usurp schumi's throne..
but that will happen only when his team allows him to
ferrari are going to come to imola with all guns blazing..
remember, MS was quicker than the renaults in sakhir
in these 3 weeks they wud have sorted most, if not all their reliability problems
the championship could very well be decided in the michelin vs bridgestone battle

coming into europe i expect renault having to beat ferrari as opposed to ferrari trying to beat renault in the 1st three races
Old 18th April 2005, 01:20   #17
BANNED

it would be great if we could have a poll on who will win the next race or championship.
Old 18th April 2005, 11:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

You think, you can write off 7 times champion (and undisputed defending champion), simply because the car was below par for first 3 races? Wow! There is long season to go and Ferrari is not going to sit down idle chewing their nails and watching Renault win the races.
Old 18th April 2005, 13:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
You think, you can write off 7 times champion (and undisputed defending champion), simply because the car was below par for first 3 races? Wow! There is long season to go and Ferrari is not going to sit down idle chewing their nails and watching Renault win the races.

Even if MS wins the races - are we assuming that Renault will fail in the other races. If Alonso does manage 2nd in remaining races - Which he will , then MS reallly has a very tough chance of becoming the number one driver this year.

Last edited by puthari : 18th April 2005 at 13:37.
Old 18th April 2005, 13:43   #20
BHPian

if michael schumacher wins all the remaining 16 races and if alonso comes 2nd in all the races (which you are assuming) michael will be 16 races into 2 points more per race= 32 points more than alonso. however alonso doesnt have a 32 point lead to schumacher right now.
so what you are saying is not entirely true. this is however an ideal case scenario.
Old 18th April 2005, 13:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adilshah
if michael schumacher wins all the remaining 16 races and if alonso comes 2nd in all the races (which you are assuming) michael will be 16 races into 2 points more per race= 32 points more than alonso. however alonso doesnt have a 32 point lead to schumacher right now.
so what you are saying is not entirely true. this is however an ideal case scenario.
Yes - thats precisley my point - OK 24 points lead. So can MS win all races ?. 24 points is a VERY good lead especially when Renault are lot more stronger and they are capable of 1st or the 2nd.

One more loss to MS - we are assured of a new champion.

anyways , it is far more interesting season.
Old 18th April 2005, 15:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puthari
Yes - thats precisley my point - OK 24 points lead. So can MS win all races ?. 24 points is a VERY good lead especially when Renault are lot more stronger and they are capable of 1st or the 2nd.
One more loss to MS - we are assured of a new champion.
anyways , it is far more interesting season.
You are assuming that Alonso will not only finish all the races but also finish at podium. That is "almost" impossible. But 24 is good lead indeed, if Renault, Michelin and Alonso don't screw up any races.
Old 18th April 2005, 15:43   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
You are assuming that Alonso will not only finish all the races but also finish at podium. That is "almost" impossible. But 24 is good lead indeed, if Renault, Michelin and Alonso don't screw up any races.
Winning All the 16 races - is impossible too. Right?. The next race is crucial - if MS does not score over FA - then this years championship is almost over for MS . (In theory )

26 points in 3 races - what makes anyone think that FA will not finish on the poduim in most of the races?.
Old 18th April 2005, 15:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puthari
Winning All the 16 races - is impossible too. Right?. The next race is crucial - if MS does not score over FA - then this years championship is almost over for MS . (In theory )

26 points in 3 races - what makes anyone think that FA will not finish on the poduim in most of the races?.
An F1 season getting over in just 3 races??? wow! thats something new for me!!
3 races is just the beginning of a season.... there is still plenty of races left for MS/FA and the remaining to try and win the championship.
For Alonso its almost impossible to stand in the podium for the remaining 16 races and for MS its almost impossible to win the 16 races. Its still wide open.
Old 18th April 2005, 16:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Even if MS wins the races - are we assuming that Renault will fail in the other races. If Alonso does manage 2nd in remaining races - Which he will , then MS reallly has a very tough chance of becoming the number one driver this year.
i commented since you had already assumed ms winning all the races and alonso coming second in all the races and stating that still schumi will not win the championship. i only reminded you of the points system prevalent in f1.
and you are also forgetting alonso's team-mate who won the first race but had bad luck in the other two.
Old 18th April 2005, 16:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adilshah
i commented since you had already assumed ms winning all the races and alonso coming second in all the races and stating that still schumi will not win the championship. i only reminded you of the points system prevalent in f1.
and you are also forgetting alonso's team-mate who won the first race but had bad luck in the other two.
No offence Adil - I mean - I did not mean to offend or comment on your post. The chances are so difficult for MS - atleast it looks like - Alonso has to crash out (min 2 ) and those races MS has to win -
but the way Alonso and Renault are going - it is too difficult to upstage them.
Old 18th April 2005, 21:03   #27
Team-BHP Support

i think the champioship will really begin now in the next race , with alonso having 24 points as back-up and schumiwith his experience. so basically it is 24 points v/s schumi s confidence and experience .

manson .
Old 19th April 2005, 13:36   #28
BHPian

Is MS goin to do his magis this weekend at San Marino...??!!! or will Alonso take the podium again..!! MS still holds the lap record of 1'20.411 at this track...
wht do u think guys... !! will ferrari have the podium finish in their home town...!!
Old 19th April 2005, 17:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

prediction - imola

1. MS
2. FA
3. RB
Old 19th April 2005, 23:23   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan316
An F1 season getting over in just 3 races??? wow! thats something new for me!!
3 races is just the beginning of a season.... there is still plenty of races left for MS/FA and the remaining to try and win the championship.
For Alonso its almost impossible to stand in the podium for the remaining 16 races and for MS its almost impossible to win the 16 races. Its still wide open.
Where did you read that ?. F1 season over ??. The chances for MS is too tough is what we are saying. To pass through the lead of 24 points is a very tough task.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks