Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2005, 14:52   #31

In the past Shumi had the fastest & most reliable car & he won the championship.
Now others have caught up in speed & reliability - Alonso looks like the new champion.
However, Shumi is not going out without a fight. The last race proved that.
There is a strange connection between Shumi, Ferrari & the development engineers. The Ferrai is getting faster with each race & when its becomes reliable - let's see what happens.
Old 4th May 2005, 17:05   #32
F50
Senior - BHPian

I suppose claiming that FA will complete each and every race is too optimistic what is happening to Fisichella could happen to Alonso. And i think Schumi and Ferrari have finally got their act together and now they will be competative.
Similarity is that only one driver is performing at a race, if Alonso does well Fisi is down the line and same in case of Ferrari if Michael then Barri suffers.
Old 4th May 2005, 18:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puthari
Where did you read that ?. F1 season over ??. The chances for MS is too tough is what we are saying. To pass through the lead of 24 points is a very tough task.
Sorry for the delayed reply... anyways, i beg to disagree, with 15 races still to go, and Schumi with his Ferrari looking very strong, 24 points is a trifle difference, can be made up easily in a few races time. The chances are that FA may not finish all the races on the podium, or inside the points... thats when Schumi could make up the points and reduce the gap between him and FA. Well, even someother driver apart from these two could win the WDC(i'm hoping it would be Kimi, but, luck never seems to favour him )... its still not too late to win the Championship. Its just shaping up...
Old 17th May 2005, 23:56   #34
BHPian

How can you discount the greatest ever driver in the sport as a "has been" because he didnt do well in a few races this season.My point its very easy to say that the era of Schumacher is over and Alonso is the next great etc etc. the season has just started and there is a longgg way to go so hold your horses.Even if alonso does beat him this year so what there is a veryyyyyyyyy long way that FA must go before he can even be considered in the same league as schumacher,senna etc etc
Old 18th May 2005, 01:07   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
with 15 races still to go, and Schumi with his Ferrari looking very strong, 24 points is a trifle difference, can be made up easily in a few races time.
well 14 races to go now..
and the gap is a mammoth 34 points !

not only will schumi have to beat alonso by more than 2 points every race..
he has to ensure that alonso notches up quite a few DNFs to his name
same goes with kimi
Old 18th May 2005, 15:18   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari
well 14 races to go now..
and the gap is a mammoth 34 points !

not only will schumi have to beat alonso by more than 2 points every race..
he has to ensure that alonso notches up quite a few DNFs to his name
same goes with kimi
Ok, now i do agree..... its a bit tough for Schumi to close the gap... that too with a car which looks so unreliable and inconsistent. There is still some hope left, but, now it looks mammoth... lets see how the season progresses.... And as for Kimi, i just hope and pray that he wins this years WDC.
McLaren at the moment look stronger... but, i think the Monaco circuit will favour the Renaults more than the McLarens.. as the former are quicker cars out of corners etc... McLaren have a decent record at Monaco though....

Boy oh boy! this season is definitely interesting.... so many drivers and teams are putting up a really good fight.
Old 20th May 2005, 09:19   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by byramshroff
How can you discount the greatest ever driver in the sport as a "has been" because he didnt do well in a few races this season.My point its very easy to say that the era of Schumacher is over and Alonso is the next great etc etc. the season has just started and there is a longgg way to go so hold your horses.Even if alonso does beat him this year so what there is a veryyyyyyyyy long way that FA must go before he can even be considered in the same league as schumacher,senna etc etc

It certainly is a long way to go . MS is great driver/sportsman. Th fact that such a seasoned driver is being pushed to the limits - speaks of FA . He is young , very Discplined - so be very sure that he will soon be at the league of MS within very short period of time . He will not take long
Old 20th May 2005, 13:17   #38
BHPian

I, for one, belieev that the era of Schumi was over last to last year itself. There is immense competition - in the form of Kimi and Fernando - who are going to to be way, way better than him, and Kimi should have won in 2003... sigh...
Plus, this year, he is not going to be able to get back. The two above mentioned drivers have extrememly stron, competitive cars and are both gunningfor WDC this year... Schumi is out of the reconing in my opinion...

But, this is F-1, so only time can tell...
Old 20th May 2005, 14:35   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveek
I, for one, belieev that the era of Schumi was over last to last year itself. There is immense competition - in the form of Kimi and Fernando - who are going to to be way, way better than him, and Kimi should have won in 2003... sigh...
Plus, this year, he is not going to be able to get back. The two above mentioned drivers have extrememly stron, competitive cars and are both gunningfor WDC this year... Schumi is out of the reconing in my opinion...

But, this is F-1, so only time can tell...
What are u saying? Kimi had only won a single race in 2003 to Shueys 6, Shuey would have won the 7th (japan) if not for the stupid qualifying session in which he was stuck in rain. If not for the Bridgestones Shuey would be leading the championship even now.
Old 21st May 2005, 01:57   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puthari
It certainly is a long way to go . MS is great driver/sportsman. Th fact that such a seasoned driver is being pushed to the limits - speaks of FA . He is young , very Discplined - so be very sure that he will soon be at the league of MS within very short period of time . He will not take long
Over the past few years a lot of young drivers such as Button,Montoya etc etc have been touted as "the next big thing" and all of them have had their a***s whipped by MS.Whether or not Alonso continues his present form for the rest of the season and for a lottt more seasons to come remains to be seen.
Old 21st May 2005, 08:31   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by byramshroff
Over the past few years a lot of young drivers such as Button,Montoya etc etc have been touted as "the next big thing" and all of them have had their a***s whipped by MS.Whether or not Alonso continues his present form for the rest of the season and for a lottt more seasons to come remains to be seen.

Agree , but what about the machine ?. FA is a great driver - very mature for his age. He is an excellent driver with a powerfull Car. He has been driving agressive from last year - There is no doubt about this years coming races.
Old 21st May 2005, 09:52   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan
What are u saying? Kimi had only won a single race in 2003 to Shueys 6, Shuey would have won the 7th (japan) if not for the stupid qualifying session in which he was stuck in rain. If not for the Bridgestones Shuey would be leading the championship even now.
Well, in 2003 recall that despite Kimi's lack of wins, he ended up 2 points behing Schmi at the end of the season...
Link:http://www.formula1.com/archive/driver/2003.html
Old 21st May 2005, 13:34   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raihan
Well, he might have had only one victory, but, he had a very consistent run throughout the season. Finished second on quite a few occasions. The only reason Schuey caught up with him in the points table and became the WDC was because of those 6 wins... otherwise Kimi was looking superior.

And talking about who is going to be the "next big thing", i feel its going to be Kimi. Alonso is good, but, he is not as quick as Kimi is. I have never seen Kimi out of touch... when he has been given a good competitive machinery, he absolutely FLIES!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks