Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2005, 04:41   #16
BHPian

i didnt see the race, but got a call from my friend with the results. good to hear schumi bhai is finally back. but hats off to alonso too for holding the champ.
i will watch the replay tomorrow night specially to see the schumi overtaking button move.
but i cant believe that the commentary was hindi (tamil as shan2nu mentioned). i mean c'mon!!!! slater & goodwin are born for this. maybe i gotto play some music & keep the TV mute while watching the race tomorrow night.

P.S. > No Montoya Fans in tbhp
Old 25th April 2005, 08:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

An IMOLA thriller !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The red king is back at his best........

KP
Old 25th April 2005, 09:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

imola was just a treat to watch...seeing schumi back on the podium was great.. but i just couldn't stand the tamil commentary, hope goodwin and slater come back soon
Old 25th April 2005, 09:41   #19
BHPian

Great race, Great comeback by Ferrari...was hoping to see Barichello do well yesterday...
I was the first complete race i watched this season.....
If Kimi hadn't retired things could have been quite differnet....but kudos to the Ferrari Gameplay.....

They missed to show how much fuel MS got during his pit stop...kind of strange....not that the other teams would not know abt it...

Alonso....great race trying to hold back MS and taking the backmarkers cleanly....Well deserved Win...

Looks like we have an interesting season ahead....
Old 25th April 2005, 10:48   #20
BHPian

Yeah was very good race. Three parts here...

One with the shumi overtaking some 4,5 cars in one move over pit stops and then they way he pounded on button before overtaking him.

Next one being alonso holding shumi for the last 10 laps or so. Superb driving from alonso.

And poor kimi. Its is not the first time this is happening. Last year too he had 2 or 3 fantastic start and then engine will start smoking later on. Almost a repeat. Is he pushing the car too hard??? After seeing the first qualifying, where he held of alonso by a very very small margin, thought there will be a very good fight between these two. Sadly we missed it.

And for the tamil commentry, blame the cable operator for tunning into wrong freq. Not sure why they even started such a service.

On a side note, last time when was in cbe, noticed in a BPCL bunk near race cource, which said "narian karthikayen refuels here"
Old 25th April 2005, 11:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerno1
but i cant believe that the commentary was hindi (tamil as shan2nu mentioned). .....
P.S. > No Montoya Fans in tbhp
All talk and no results makes Montoya a no-show.

Quite tickled at the Tamil commentary bit...what do they expect the rest of India to do?
Old 25th April 2005, 11:23   #22
BHPian

Formula 1 at its very best people. Now who was that saying somethin about Ferrari's prospects in Formula 1 ? Anyways this oughta get them thinking again. All Cheers !!! Hip ! Hip ! Hurray ! for Schumi...A worthy commendation to Alonso. good Job keepin Schumi at bay. Finally somethin interesting on T.V.
Old 25th April 2005, 11:30   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
imola was just a treat to watch...seeing schumi back on the podium was great.. but i just couldn't stand the tamil commentary, hope goodwin and slater come back soon
What a cracker of a race, hope shuey wins the remaining races I'm surprised some guys got Tamil commentary must have been some experience huh? Luckily for me at Bangalore there was no such problem. I wouldn't watch F-1 w/o goodwin/slater's commentary.
PS. for those of u wondering why Shuey couldn't overtake alonso? Another reason is, San Marino is notorious for lack of overtaking opportunities after it was modified in 1994 (Senna's death).
cheers,
Rai
Old 25th April 2005, 11:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

What the heck! who said there is no Montoya fan? I am one of those rare species, which are soon to be extinct. (In fact, I even got ridiculed by other T-BHPians for being JPM fan ) Of course, Schumi is THE BEST. But, second comes Montoya.
Old 25th April 2005, 12:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari
i have nothing to say about mclaren..
Also, please go through GTO's threads on Mercedes.
Old 25th April 2005, 14:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
All talk and no results makes Montoya a no-show.
I am a Montoya fan. He is the closes driver i've seen to Ayron Senna! No results? At williams from mid 2001 onwards, he consistently beat Ralf. Remember all those pole positions? How many other drivers have pulled out his kind of overtaking manoeuvers? Agreed that he talks more than necessary sometimes but thats better than most other drivers who pretend to be diplomatic just to extend their contract.
Old 25th April 2005, 15:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
Agreed that he talks more than necessary sometimes but thats better than most other drivers who pretend to be diplomatic just to extend their contract.
Neither is he diplomatic with words nor with his car. He tends to push both off the edge.
Old 25th April 2005, 15:06   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
He is the closes driver i've seen to Ayron Senna!
Tell me you're kidding! What similarities do you see between them, aside from the continent of origin and the moody behaviour?
Old 25th April 2005, 15:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
I am a Montoya fan. He is the closes driver i've seen to Ayron Senna! No results? At williams from mid 2001 onwards, he consistently beat Ralf. Remember all those pole positions? How many other drivers have pulled out his kind of overtaking manoeuvers? Agreed that he talks more than necessary sometimes but thats better than most other drivers who pretend to be diplomatic just to extend their contract.
Closest to Senna???? By what yardstick? He is nowhere as brilliant as the Brazilian was, and beating Ralf is no yardstick for greatness. What was their tally of wins at Williams?

His overtaking manoeuvers are controversial, not brilliant. He sticks his nose in expecting everyone else to move out - no other driver has been involved in as many skirmishes as he has (okay, Taku takes the cake for bashing up cars but he only does it to himself or his teammates), and he doesnt have the results to back his driving style.

Anybody can show aggression - that is not to be taken as a sign of greatness. If thats the criteria for greatness the bus drivers in Kerala are the best drivers around.

I'm not saying Montoya is NOT a good driver. Just dont compare him to Senna, or Michael. Probably not even to Alonso in the not too distant future. So where does that leave him? I think Villeneuve (how dyou spell that blasted name) was a better driver too.

The man came into F1 with so much hype surrounding him and hasnt done anything worthwhile. He was heralded as the challenger to Michael, but Alonso has done a better job at that with a fraction of the hype.

Pardon the tone, but I get really pissed off when hype is not followed by results.
Old 25th April 2005, 15:54   #30
BANNED

[quote=Deeps]I am a Montoya fan. He is the closes driver i've seen to Ayron Senna! /QUOTE]
Dude... YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!
At least... rtech with the mood swings et all... senna used to actually SIT in the car and race... and not be sidelined after having a "TRAINING ACCIDENT".. lol
Also.. someone mentioned Schumi as crying at the post race interview.. dude.. I think it was more like too much Champagne in the eyes...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks