Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2005, 17:02   #31
BHPian

Tamil Commentary

If you have DTH and use a set top box, you can change the commentary at home.

Else it's pretty simple, threaten the cable wala that you would disconnect and take a DTH connection!

The Schumi move on Button has to be the best overtaking move ever!!!

An inch here or there, or the slightest of errors, would have sent both cars off track. Superb move, and are those still bridgestones??

Superavi
Old 26th April 2005, 01:23   #32
F50
Senior - BHPian

What a race!!! I have nothing to say it was just awesome. It was really classy to see Schumi drive in his own damn style. And pace of the Ferrari helped him.

After the 1st pitstop ... Button's radio must be like...
Congrats Schumi is 10 secs behind.... next lap 8.5 secs behind ...... finally 5 secs ...3.5 secs ... he is on your $$$ ...
Button was caught napping when Schumi overtook him.

P.S. The people who missed watching it LIVE on TV .... missed a real treat.
Old 26th April 2005, 10:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

This is the race I really enjoyed watching after long, Fantastic driving by Schumi and also Alonso. Button might be losing his 3rd posotion as officials found Button's BAR car was underweight without fuel after the race and also Ralf has lost the point which he scored in the race.
Old 26th April 2005, 10:33   #34
BHPian

what a haluva race it was!!! Schumi is on fire now.. there is no stopping the red meteor..
Old 26th April 2005, 16:09   #35
BHPian

Alonso truly showed his class and maturity in the final laps....kept the quicker Ferrari behinf him for more than 10 laps....superb battle.
Old 26th April 2005, 22:15   #36
BHPian

I am one very, VERY sad Kimi Raikkonen fan. Poor guy. He's had bad luck throughout his entire career. Spinning out on oil, andd letting Schu pass. 2003 saw him 3 points behing Schu at the end ddue to and engine blowout at the Nurburgring(the start of McLarens reliability issues)... the brilliant pole position here, and the lead he was making over Mr. Alonso when his car collapses.
I think ttaht he should do all the qualiffying in JPMs car, and do the race in his own. That way he'll definitely do better. Poor guy. If not for HIS car, he'd definitely be leading the championship table. He is undoubtedly the most brilliant driver around today. Admitteed Alonso is superb too, but Raikkonen, is just that little bit better. Kudos to Alonso slaying Schumis attempts in quick succestion.

Somwhow I think taht Schus overtaking of Button had a lot of luk involved in ti. Here Button is about to lap a Williams when it suddenly swerves into his path, forcing him to lose momentum while having to keep the line to enter the Chicane. Schu just took advantage of the room that the Williams, by moving out of his way and into Buttons, created. Admitted that it was a very well taken opportunity, but still, it was just plain bad luck for BAR and Button.

Go Kimi!!!
Old 26th April 2005, 23:05   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Somwhow I think taht Schus overtaking of Button had a lot of luk involved in ti. Here Button is about to lap a Williams when it suddenly swerves into his path, forcing him to lose momentum while having to keep the line to enter the Chicane. Schu just took advantage of the room that the Williams, by moving out of his way and into Buttons, created. Admitted that it was a very well taken opportunity, but still, it was just plain bad luck
I beg to differ. An overtaking move that I dont think thats " good luck " for MS but more of a display of what a driver he is. You saw the Williams but you didnt see how quicky he demolished the 20 odd second lead to Button

Quote:
Schu just took advantage of the room that the Williams, by moving out of his way and into Buttons, created.

Taking advantage of others mistakes is part of racing after all isnt it? And I guess if Schumi would have overtaken Alonso for the lead you would have said Schumi took advantage of the Red Bull in front of the fighting duo.

Fighting from a lowly 13th on the grid to where he finished I guess that is a combination of team strategy, car and driving skills all rolled into one.

Full credit to Alonso for holding back Schumi but a great drive from the World Champion as well

Dippy

Last edited by Dippy : 26th April 2005 at 23:07.
Old 26th April 2005, 23:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Frankly I don't think any other driver or team could've managed that. I don't remember seeing anyone else do such a thing in 8 years atleast. To go from 13th to fighting for lead. It just proves that he is the best and there is none other like him currently.
Old 26th April 2005, 23:34   #39
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
Frankly I don't think any other driver or team could've managed that. I don't remember seeing anyone else do such a thing in 8 years atleast. To go from 13th to fighting for lead. It just proves that he is the best and there is none other like him currently.
No Barrichello did from 18th to 1st in German GP it was also one awesome drive rest all were pitting for wet tyres and he was out on dry.... fantastic drive and that was his 1st win as well.

And our very own MS also from 17th to 1st i suppose that was in Benetton (correct me if im wrong)
Old 27th April 2005, 01:41   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon

not sure but i think barrichelo did achieve the same from a further position down the grid if i'm not mistaken . i think this was the 2002/03 season and i think the race had a ferrari 1 & 2 finish !
You're right about the team though .

manson .
Old 27th April 2005, 09:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

oh ya how could I forget that?! I think it was the German GP, don't remember which year. Barrichello cried like a baby after that race. He took a chance on the dry tyres and they deserved victory. However, it was still either a Ferrari or a MS.
Old 27th April 2005, 10:58   #42
BHPian

Yes it was the German GP of 2000 which was Barichello's first win...super drive that too in wet conditions...There have been many drives from the back of the grid over the years, not sure what you mean by only Ferrari or MS being able to do it ?

Jarno Trulli started 20th at Monza 2002 and finished 4th (of course both Ferraris were ahead of him and thats the best a Renault could have done in 02), so that puts 13th to P2 (in a vry fast car) in perspective eh?
Not taking anything away from Michael but people think he is the ONLY one ever to do this n that..of course one of my favourite drives by MS was in Japan 98 when he stalled on the grid and started last and stormed thru the field (unlike passing in the pits like Imola) and was 3rd before a flat tyre stopped him...that was a heck of a drive!
Old 27th April 2005, 12:23   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay
...of course one of my favourite drives by MS was in Japan 98 when he stalled on the grid and started last and stormed thru the field (unlike passing in the pits like Imola) and was 3rd before a flat tyre stopped him...that was a heck of a drive!
My favourite, too! I think he had to win that race to deny Mika the title and stalled on the grid. Had my heart in my mouth as I watched the scarlet ferrari scythe through the grid from the last position, overtaking quite a few before the first corner itself...

He deserved to win on that day, but it wasnt meant to be...
Old 27th April 2005, 12:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Had my heart in my mouth as I watched the scarlet ferrari scythe through the grid from the last position, overtaking quite a few before the first corner itself.
That separates a MAN from BOYS :-) (No offense for other drivers).
Old 27th April 2005, 12:37   #45
Senior - BHPian

Another great drive of Schumis was at Austria 2003. He lost so much of time in the pits. His car was on fire but he didnt get out of the car and eventually went out and won that race too.

Dippy

Most Viewed