Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2005, 19:30   #1
BHPian

San Marino GP 2005

Awesome race. Maaaan, Schumi blasting from 13th to 2nd was a real treat and credit also goes to the killer team strategy. Too bad my fav Kimi retired owing to an electrical glitch (come on McLaren!). Alonso holding back Michael was mindblowing stuff, as was Schumi's overtaking of Button. What say guys? Is the king back on track?

Manti.
Old 24th April 2005, 19:42   #2
Team-BHP Support

Another bitterly disappointed Raikkonen fan here - all those astonishing efforts at qualifying and the pace set early during the race, resulted in nothing.
Michael Schumacher was nothing short of brilliant. I'm sure he's got his championship bid back on track. His overtaking move on Jenson Button was exceptional.
But, the best of them all and the star of the race was definitely the man who won it. He paced himself really well and the way he fought off the challenge from Schumacher, showed that he's got guts of steel.
Old 24th April 2005, 19:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yup, as of today, the king is back on track. The tyres did their job, the team did their job and the fact that it was Ferrari's home town, did give them the psychological edge.

I missed the last 25 laps, damn that cable guy!!. Din't expect Button to hold Schumi as he was chewing up the diff but, i never expected Shucmi to finish just 0.2 of a sec behind Alonso

I tell you, when those Bridgestones work, they work.

As a Honda fan, i'm not too disappointed. They did very well as a team. Button 3rd and Sato 5th, the best team result of the day.

The worst part of the race was the Tamil comentary. LOL. They really ate my head today.

Some of their commentary :

I'd like to ask you one more question Uncle!!! - ***, it's a bloody F1 race, you can't bahave like you're interviewing your uncle. Hahaha

Kimi seems to have made a early pit stop - when in fact he was ready to enter the garage.

And they said the engine cover had come off when Massa got his front wing chopped off.

My advice, if you wanna have Tamil commentary, do it on your regional channels. Leave us "Star Sports" viewers alone. What a rip off.

Goodwin and Slater.......where are you guys????

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 24th April 2005 at 19:50.
Old 24th April 2005, 20:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

What a Cracker of a race !!!!

Schumi has fought back and with what style . From 13th on the grid to finish 2nd is nothing short of class. Thats why hes world champion. Cant take anything away from Fernando he drove a brilliant race and handled the pressure from Schumi extremely well.

Bad luck for Kimi after early flying in the initial part of the race but we'll see more from the Finn. But the highlight of the race was Schumis move on Button... Simply Superb not to mention the blistering pace of the no. 1 Ferrari.. eating out 2 secs per lap.

Great race today and edge of the seat excitement right till the end. Ferrari are back and it not long before we see Schumi on the top step of the podium

As for the commentary part of it, I had full english coverage . I think even Aditya and F50 got the Tamil thingy. Had got that for 10 min during Baharain and that sucked big time

Dippy

Last edited by Dippy : 24th April 2005 at 20:05.
Old 24th April 2005, 20:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Schumi has proved once again that he is truly THE KING. Kudos to him.

Am very thrilled about Narain too, he actually lapped his own teammate!!! I think its brillaint that hes managing to finish almost every race with that junk heap of a car!!!
Old 24th April 2005, 20:56   #6
Team-BHP Support

I got a sms from one of my closest friend from Delhi. It says: I just saw god. He was driving a Ferrari'.
Old 24th April 2005, 20:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
The worst part of the race was the Tamil comentary. LOL. They really ate my head today.

Some of their commentary :

I'd like to ask you one more question Uncle!!! - ***, it's a bloody F1 race, you can't bahave like you're interviewing your uncle. Hahaha

Kimi seems to have made a early pit stop - when in fact he was ready to enter the garage.

And they said the engine cover had come off when Massa got his front wing chopped off.

My advice, if you wanna have Tamil commentary, do it on your regional channels. Leave us "Star Sports" viewers alone. What a rip off.

Goodwin and Slater.......where are you guys????

Shan2nu
Haha......Thank God Goodwin and Slater are still in Delhi. With Hindi taking over Cartoon Network and Discovery, I wonder though if Star Sports is that far away
Old 24th April 2005, 21:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari are back! Schumi was looking supreme. JV has (hopefully) made the mouths of his criticizers shut.
What a race it was! One of the best i have seen on this side of 2000. Too bad Kimi had an early retirement from the race, he was looking good for a race victory, but, cruel fate thought otherwise. IMO, he is one of the most unlucky drivers in F1.
The show went on, Alonso did a brilliant job holding off Schumi and his charging Ferrari. Those last few laps were something to watch. Great moves by both Alonso and Schumi, with the latter piling some serious pressure on Alonso, and Alonso doing a great job by keeping some distance between him and the backmarkers while keeping Schumi behind him. Alonso, i think, really deserved the victory, atleast after the last few laps. Great fighting spirit shown by him... and in the interview he did say that not even once, during those last few laps did he think of letting Schumi ahead of him and settling for second. Great battle between a rising star and a true champion
Speaking of Schumi, he had a fantastic day.... some great controlled racing at the beginning, some seriously quick laps towards the middle and last part of the race. Starting at 14th and finishing a really close second is something great. Even though i'm not a Schumi fan, today i liked the way he drove, kudos to him, Ross Brawn, Jean Todt and the entire Ferrari camp. They are back and are going great guns.
JV, though, wasn't the star of the race, he did make the most out of it, for once finishing ahead of his team mate and in the meanwhile showing that he still has racing potential in him. Great job done by him. I really hope Sauber doesn't sack him, not atleast after seeing his performance today. He still isnt at his best and i'm just hoping he will be, because then it'll be a sight to watch!
So finally after a long time, some really awesome wheel-to-wheel racing in F1, an awesome drive by Schumi....... today a champ showed what he is made of. Hope to see many more F1 races of this sort in this season and the coming seasons. I still am not happy with the qualifying format though.... thats the only sad part in F1 now.

Quote:
Am very thrilled about Narain too, he actually lapped his own teammate!!!
Seriously?? he did that?? wow thats amazing!

Quote:
It says: I just saw god. He was driving a Ferrari'.
Amen to that!

Last edited by shravan316 : 24th April 2005 at 21:09.
Old 24th April 2005, 21:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

what an end to the race !!!
brilliant racing..
WE WANT MORE OF THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a feeling that alonso was the only driver on the grid who could have held up schumi for so long..
and under so much pressure !
earlier.. he was catching FA at close to 2 seconds a lap

Quote:
Schumi has proved once again that he is truly THE KING. Kudos to him.
he is.. but there is a young spanish prince...
who cannot wait to take over the reins !

after qualifying 1.. i expected schumi to be in a good enough position to win..
but not come 2nd after starting so far down the order

and, relief for JV fans..
sauber arent going to fire him !

i have nothing to say about mclaren..

Last edited by Hatari : 24th April 2005 at 21:27.
Old 24th April 2005, 22:26   #10
Senior - BHPian

I thought it'd be a boring race with Schumi in 13th. So I didn't bother to watch it. Later I hear he finished second and I was like "SHEESH!! I MISSED IT!!!!" Will watch the repeat tomm. Any idea what time it'd be??!
Old 24th April 2005, 22:38   #11

Hey guys.. I agree with everything said above.. but did u notice one thing..??

Schumi was nearing tears in the post race press conference. He was genuinly SAD that he didnt win the race after all the effort from the entire camp and that too at IMOLA!! it was really sad.. As a big schumi n Ferrari supporter I felt sad too.. But think abt Schumi's commitment.. I mean If I had jus finished second race I wud have been all 'I AM SCHUMI BABY I AMM BAACCCKKK' frm wht i've read so far.. i gather thats how everyone else feels... But schumi was genuinely sad.. really.. He felt bad that he didnt win.. I think thats wht makes him a cut above the rest of the feild..

those middle n last sections when he consistently ran 1.22 and the 1.21 jus before goin into the pits!!! MY GODD.. really.. AWESOME..

This race has removed all doubts in my mind that Schumi n Ferrari will win this season too.

Ram
Old 24th April 2005, 22:53   #12
BANNED

schumi is fantastic...on catching up from 13th to 2nd place..but alonso didnt give up ..the fight was good..and the last 10 laps are awsome...
Old 25th April 2005, 02:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

Imola shows who da Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
I got a sms from one of my closest friend from Delhi. It says: I just saw god. He was driving a Ferrari'.
Hallelujah!!!

The Boss is Back, but there's a new guy in his seat and F1 hasnt been as entertaining in years....

This should set all doubts about Michael's prospects at rest -

All Hail the Fuehrer of the Track!
Old 25th April 2005, 02:29   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
I thought it'd be a boring race with Schumi in 13th. So I didn't bother to watch it. Later I hear he finished second and I was like "SHEESH!! I MISSED IT!!!!" Will watch the repeat tomm. Any idea what time it'd be??!

Rightly said gord , even i didnt bother to see the race due to the same reason but however , if i am not wrong the repeat tele is on monday(tue morning) ,late night at 12.30 am or so(though i am not sure) .
Old 25th April 2005, 03:38   #15
Senior - BHPian

right said guys, this race was one apart from the others... first time i sat and watched the complete race without budging an inch. was awesome. The ferrari strategy worked brilliantly to their favour. And Alonso awesome. As much as i wanted to see Kimi on the podium... these guys deserved it....

cheers
dom

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks