Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who do you think will wear the motogp 2009 crown?
Dani Pedrosa 2 2.53%
Andrea Dovizioso 0 0%
Colin Edwards 0 0%
Chris Vermeulen 0 0%
Casey Stoner 7 8.86%
Valentino Rossi 68 86.08%
James Toseland 0 0%
Sete Gibernau 0 0%
Loris Capirossi 0 0%
Nicky Hayden 2 2.53%
Jorge Lorenzo 0 0%
Any Other... 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 14:06   #151
Senior - BHPian

Too bad for casey, I feel bad for him. He always has such a sorry look on his face. Anywho seems like the run for gold is getting really interesting. I would love to be in the Yamaha Garage right now, talk about sibling rivalry.
Old 11th August 2009, 16:01   #152
Senior - BHPian

Bad patch for racers in red, heh?
Old 17th August 2009, 12:48   #153
BHPian

OK So Rossi has Done it again with style. was leading the race for the 1st few laps then lorenzo over takes, Rossi puts in the pace and pressure which makes lorenzo fall. And Ross wins the race with 11 secs ahead of Pedrosa and toni Elias.

Nicky hayden has found some form.
Old 18th August 2009, 12:39   #154
Senior - BHPian

Lorenzo reminds me of Jari Matti Latvala of WRC.
Raw pace. But, doesn't know when to stop pushing.
Accepting #2 would have been a smarter thing to do to keep the fight to the cship closer.
Its 50 points now. He can still catch up. But, Rossi is very very mature in his riding.
Old 18th August 2009, 12:43   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Raw pace. But, doesn't know when to stop pushing.
Don't you think our own Narain Karthiyekan had the same problem?
Old 18th August 2009, 12:47   #156
Senior - BHPian

I think Rossi is unbeatable.He has crossed 100 GP Wins.
Old 18th August 2009, 13:00   #157
BHPian

Hillram as nitrous said, he is a very very mature rider which makes him be on the top. Remember the race before this the one which A.Dovizioso won, rossi slidded, got back with a damage clutch lever and managed to finish 5th from 11th Position, he keeps pushing pressurising the riders from whatever position they are. Infact i was watching his races on youtube, the earlier ones. he use to start from just no where and end up winning.

Next year some good batch of riders from 250cc will join, like Simoncelli, Bautista, Pasini. Its going to be more fun. what say guys?
Old 18th August 2009, 13:42   #158
Senior - BHPian

It was fun to watch Lorenzo taking it up with Rossi. He was doing well when he crashed. Looks like, he loses it when Rossi puts pressure on him, otherwise he is good when on his own.

BTW, I am quite impressed with Julian Simon in 125cc category. Looks like a real champion material.
Old 18th August 2009, 20:51   #159
Senior - BHPian

Too bad the little boy tired too hard and crashed. It turned so boring after that. Rossi just chilling out +15. And the Kawa + Duc crash was absolutely hilarious. The Brno GP wasnt that cool though, I missed the slo-mo shots.
Old 20th August 2009, 02:54   #160
BHPian

Lorenzo a future Champ with Duc??

There is no doubt that Lorenzo is a championship material. He is still a kid and like Pedrosa is prone to falling off the bike. May be because of their built. I would not be surprised if he kept him self on the bike as long as Rossi does he will for sure be a champ.

This year Moto GP has been far better than F1. Unless Ferrari, Mclaren and Renault up their game. Mclaren seemed to have done it the last time around.

Getting back to Moto GP, Lorenzo has been pushing Yamacka (Rossi Ishtyle) to increase in retainer or he would look for options, rumors were in swing that he may go to Honda. Now last week Mr Suzuki the boss at Honda said that he will be retaining both his riders for the next 2 years putting an end to this speculation. However on sunday both Pedrosa and Dovi said that they have not signed anything but have given verbal confirmations.

Now that the doors at Honda were shut for Jorge, after the race on Sunday Ducati are rumored to have offered him a ride and guess what at twice the pay the are offering Stoner!! a whooping 13 Million Euros for 2 years when compared to Casey's 3 Million Euro's per season.

Guess they are not happen with Hayden and know this guy is very talented or they are afraid that Stoner may not be back. Whatever it is, This is getting better. I'd love to see Pedrosa with Rossi, even he is really capable of being a champ but is a lil behind Jor-gay(Rossi Ishtyle again).

Well, here is the link. Read on gang!!

Lorenzo, Stoner, Yamaha and Ducati | Page 1 | MotoGP News | 2009 | Crash.Net

Last edited by Addy : 20th August 2009 at 03:01. Reason: Used SMS like dots. My BAD.
Old 20th August 2009, 11:10   #161
BHPian

Lorenzo needs to chill a bit. He tends to pass Rossi a few laps too early in the race which gives the doctor plenty of time to suss him out and pass him again.

So far Lorenzo is probably the only other rider in the current crop that can actually keep pace with Rossi on similar machinery. With a few more years of experience he will hopefully be able to stay on his bike long enough to beat Rossi.

I hope he stays with Yamaha since nothing like a straight fight between the two.
Old 25th August 2009, 21:02   #162
BHPian

Lorenzo extends Yamaha contract.

@ San9jay : You hoped for it and you got it. Lorenzo indeed has extended his contract with Fiat Yam for one year. Not sure why is it just for one year when all the contracts here at Moto Gp are for 2 years most off the times.

Here is the link.

Jorge Lorenzo signs new Yamaha contract | MotoGP News | 2009 | Crash.Net
Old 26th August 2009, 11:53   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
@ San9jay : You hoped for it and you got it. Lorenzo indeed has extended his contract with Fiat Yam for one year. Not sure why is it just for one year when all the contracts here at Moto Gp are for 2 years most off the times.

Here is the link.

Jorge Lorenzo signs new Yamaha contract | MotoGP News | 2009 | Crash.Net
Excellent!

I think it is a wise choice. The Yamaha is the best bike at the moment and even if Lorenzo has been having a hard time beating Rossi, at the moment he has the best chance to beat him by staying with Yamaha.

Rossi is simply brilliant and coming second to him is nothing to be ashamed of. Rossi doesnt look like he is going to start tending to his garden as yet but I feel he will retire within 2 years.

He joined Yamaha when the bike was not a front runner and in a short span has taken the bike to what it is now.

He doesn't have anything left to prove and that is the best time to walk away.

/sanjay
Old 26th August 2009, 12:03   #164
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by san9jay View Post

He doesn't have anything left to prove and that is the best time to walk away.
How about the number of titles? Rossi has won 6 titles to Agostini's 8
Old 28th August 2009, 11:25   #165
BHPian

I think Rossi will beat Agostini's record, thats what i read last... thats his current goal.

Well its race weekend once again, this time its in the US for Indianapolis. Whats the bet. Will Rossi continue the winnig streak, will lorenzo fight back for his two DNF this year.

Last edited by SohailPistawala : 28th August 2009 at 11:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks