Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

View Poll Results: Who do you think will wear the motogp 2009 crown?
Dani Pedrosa 2 2.53%
Andrea Dovizioso 0 0%
Colin Edwards 0 0%
Chris Vermeulen 0 0%
Casey Stoner 7 8.86%
Valentino Rossi 68 86.08%
James Toseland 0 0%
Sete Gibernau 0 0%
Loris Capirossi 0 0%
Nicky Hayden 2 2.53%
Jorge Lorenzo 0 0%
Any Other... 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2009, 13:42   #61
BHPian

Race timings on tv?..
Old 24th April 2009, 14:06   #62
BHPian

Vale fastest in first Motegi practice

Valentino Rossi set the quickest time in the opening practice session for this weekend's MotoGP round at Motegi, knocking Casey Stoner off the top spot with his last lap of the session.

Vale said he would be quite happy to see rain tomorrow because there has not yet been an opportunity to try the new control wets supplied by Bridgestone.

"Tomorrow it seems it may rain but we haven't had the chance to try the new Bridgestone rain tyres yet so I think that this could be an important chance for us to understand how they are," he said. "It will be interesting and I hope they are good."

Ten Sports TV Schedule:
Apr 25th
9:30 - 12:30 Grand Prix of Japan- Qualifying

Apr 26th
8:15 - 12:30 Grand Prix of Japan Races
Old 25th April 2009, 12:40   #63
BHPian

So the qualifications has been decided, due to weather conditions, Qualifying for delayed, then it was resolved by putting both the free practice sessions together and analyzing the timings.

So now the standings for the start of the race is Rossi, Stoner, Lorenzo, chris, Colin...

Interesting.
Old 25th April 2009, 14:47   #64
BHPian

Drama in abundance with the first two races of the season already. And, I suspect more drama tomorrow with very few practice laps for the riders. Should be an interesting one if it's a wet race.
Old 27th April 2009, 08:51   #65
BHPian

When Jorge passed Vale i thought he (vale) was playing a cat and mouse and later would reclaim 1st and was surprised to see he didn't have the pace.

Good work Dani.

Also to note Melandri had a good race, makes me think his crib about Desmo was true.

Yamaha might be well pleased with M1 and there lineup.
Old 27th April 2009, 10:29   #66
BHPian

Interesting race, Jorge was on fire, good show by rossi too, what a come back by dani in the race. I think something was surely wrong with stoner. one man to look out again this race was Mika Kalio, started at 16th or 17th position and finished 8th i guess.
Old 27th April 2009, 14:30   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quite a race it was. Am thrilled to see the Honda's doing so well.
Pleased to see Melandri finish so high up, but it guess it now all starts going downhill from now. Kawasaki will/has stopped working on the bike and there will be no new parts for the rest of the season.

Did anyone watch the 125 race? It was a stonker, the best of all 3. But the the first WSBK race at Assen had them all beat. Whatever MotoGP can do, superbikes can do better, it seems.

Cheers
Old 29th April 2009, 23:00   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Did anyone watch the 125 race? It was a stonker, the best of all 3. But the the first WSBK race at Assen had them all beat. Whatever MotoGP can do, superbikes can do better, it seems.

I enjoyed the 250s more...

And yeah, RACE 1 in Assen was the highlight of the day for me (even if Rossi would have won in MOTOGP).

Spies falling behind Haga and Haslam mid way through the race only to take the lead a few corners from the chequered flag.
Though, I am routing for Haga, I was awed By Spies' ride. Pity he crashed out in race 2 though...

Looks like this year looks set for Noriyuki Haga to take the World Superbike Championship (Finally).
Old 3rd May 2009, 14:43   #69
BHPian

Race Today, should be on now. Premier class from 17.30.
JLo continues his form and starts from pole. Vale starts from 4th on grid. Dani and Casey complete the top four.
Vale says win in Jerez isn't possible because of front tyre issues. But Vale set the pace in the warm up practices today.
Should be a good race.
Old 3rd May 2009, 20:17   #70
Team-BHP Support

Updates? Watched the qulifying but missed the race this evening.

manson.
Old 3rd May 2009, 21:20   #71
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Rossi was awesome today! His first win this season
Old 4th May 2009, 12:57   #72
Senior - BHPian

Finally finally MOTOGP was interesting ! i am saying this because the intial Rossi days were marked with some stupendous racing,typical Rossi type 2nd or 3rd row qualifying, overtaking from behind the pack and then finally clinching the race

now that was missing for quite some time but Rossi is back with a bang this race

but what next ?
Old 4th May 2009, 13:50   #73
BHPian

Looks like the Ducati works only under Stoner and no-one else...
Stoner admitted that it was his best finish, he could ever muster on the jinxed circuit for Ducati.

Felt sorry for Lorenzo, if not for the front giving on him he would have been in the podium.
Old 4th May 2009, 13:51   #74
Senior - BHPian

Good one, all 3

Whew! That was a Rossi masterclass. When Dani had opened the gap to 1.4s I thought its game over. Loved the way Rossi upped his pace, eased away from Stoner and was on Pedrosa's tail.

Would've loved to see Dani put up a fight but then when the Doctor's is this mood... Shame that the other Ducati finished so far off.

But the most exciting race was surely the 250, hats off the Aoyoma he overtook Bautista when he least expected it. Superb. A pity that Simoncelli and Barbera had to fall back.

The 125's were a downer, had tipped Simon to win but he binned it and so did Iannone.

Cheers
Old 4th May 2009, 16:07   #75
BHPian

i was so so hoping rossi would do his portaloo scene this time, and he did! i just knew it the moment he got off the bike!
in fact, loved the technical nature of the race. it wasnt the old school bin or win types... classic new age four stroke motogp. was happy to see rossi get off to a start where he did not lose positions, let alone gain any. thats when you know its trouble for the others. sorry for lorenzo.
got the jollies off the 125 and 250 as well.
i ve been a long time fan of hiroshi aoyama. enjoyed his victory thoroughly. nice way to repay bautista for winning the japanese gp. "if you win at my home, i ll win at your's"
in the 125s, loved that 15 year old german kid folger's ride from 35th place. he was up to 3rd and probably would have finished 2nd methinks too bad he had to fall. it was heartening to see him lying face down on the track in disgust holding his head. thankfully bradley smith has a victory under his belt. very impressive considering the fact that his throat was shallowly slit last race. he still had the stitches on his neck.

Most Viewed